Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

So today I did some.. suprise suprise.. Bodyweight Squats ;) Focus on speed today: 118 reps in 3 minutes.

A new day awaits on KTA Blob 2.

Tabata Bodyweight Squats

Set 1: 20 (Nice)

Rest

Set 2: 19

Rest

Set 3: 18

Rest

Set 4: 17

Rest

Set 5: 15 (The only Set that wasn't a improvement from last time)

Rest

Set 6: 15

Rest

Set 7: 15

Rest

Set 8: 15

Total amount of reps: 134 (PR) (PR with 12 reps)

Bodyweight Squats is a great way to get the day started (=

..Guess what?!.. A new day awaits on KTA Blob 2!

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

A new day awaits on KTA Blob 2.

Today I jogged 1 mile. Haven't jogged for quite some time it felt like. My legs got sluggish after 1 km or so and the speed just went slower and slower. Perhaps not so weird with all the bw squats last days.

Today I did 177 Bodyweight Squats in 5 minutes time (PR in most Bodyweight Squats in 5 minutes) :-] That's a little over the pace needed for 500 BW Squats in 15 minutes time.. :O :)

Last year, I think it was last year, I had as one of the goals for the year to do 167 Hindu Squats in 5 minutes. But now I have ditched Hindu Squats for "regular" Bodyweight Squats. Still feel like a success.

Today the first day on the toughest week of KTA Blob 2, starts.

Before the real action starts off I got a nice PR:

https://www.youtube....h?v=EoVP0xzx21w

"Pinching four 5 kg plates with my right hand ring, pinky and thumb." (PR in Best Last 2 Finger Pinch Lift)

Perhaps I should try to learn how to make a short pause in the video, at 48 seconds or so, to make it show better which fingers i'm using.

This week on KTA Blob..... is..... very very ... very.. very ...... INTENSE. Im feeling super beat up already after day 1 on this week. Crazy.. Gotta hang in there.. Get the job done.. Gotta hang in there.. Just completing this program is an achievement in itself.. Harder then KTA for grippers if you ask me.

Tonight I measured 60 in rest pulse. That's the lowest I have measured that I know of. Last nights it's been 68 commonly. But tonight I rested more then 15 minutes. But it's been commonly 64 just after waking up. A year, or so, ago I had about 100 in rest pulse and had to eat metropolol (heart medicine).... A couple of months ago I stopped eating it after trapping down for some time. My doc said I could try without it. Even on the metropolol I had commonly like 74-80 in rest pulse. Now I think after all the conditioning training i've done.. My heart thanks me.. This has been a good training year. I think it was excellent to have focus much on conditioning. I think I in the long run will get a stronger grip if i'm healthy. So conditioning training will stay solid in my training life. Perhaps not so much for the next 5 days hehe. I'm also happy I hit a 170 kg deadlift this year. Perhaps not so heavy for the lots of you. But I always wanted to have a strong deadlift. If I will continue to put some focus on it, I hope to reach high numbers. Time and consistency. Lots of time. Which is one of my problems in training. I want very much and tend to skip projects before they have had time to pay off. Lol look at me talking. KTA Blob 2 is making me all sentimental... hahaha.. I think I can adapt to this week after a few days..

Today's KTA Blob 2 Day went a lot easier. Not a chock workout today, since I knew what was waiting. Mission is keep it up right now!

Did today's KTA Blob 2 day in 1 workout instead of 2.. It took me me 1 hour and 47 minutes to get the workout done! That's the longest workout i've done. With the pretty short rest between sets.. it was intense :)

Did 100 bodyweight squats in 2:07. Wanted to get heavy breathing and that I got..

Saw some Kettlebell Juggling today at a Circus Show. Enjoyed that much. Now only 2 days left on this hard KTA Blob 2 Week.

Congrats on almost finishing the KTA blob program dude. I did it earlier this year and it was BRUTAL on the hands. I haven't done KTA for grippers but I have done RRBT and regularly use heavy negatives, overcrushes, etc. and I can say without a doubt that blob KTA was harder than any gripper programming i've ever done.

RRBT was really rough on the skin whereas Blob KTA makes the bones and connective tissue in your hand feel like they're being smashed with a sledgehammer. The only way I got through was with LONG (i.e. 12-20 minute) contrast baths daily, if not more than once daily.

Have you "cheated" and seen where you are on your blob50 yet? What's your blob PR prior to starting KTA?

Kevin:

Thanks man! Yeah, I think KTA Blob is tougher than KTA for grippers as well. I have started taking Tuff Foot as extra help for the hands. There was a thread about it in the Gripboard Section. I think it has helped a bit.

I haven't been closer on it then before the program actually.. But perhaps that's to expect. We'll see if I get a sweet little rebound effect later on.. :) This program definitely builds though hands anyway!

Did you get good results when you were done with KTA Blob ?

"What's your blob PR prior to starting KTA?".

My best lifts with my Blob50 is Cheat Lifts assisting only with pinky on off hand. For 2 or 3 reps as best, if I remember right. With five 5 kg plates (Not blob but still Wide Pinch) I have 1 or perhaps 2 times lifted them when they were fixated to a pipe.

Today I completed this madness week on KTA Blob 2. Did today's training in 1 workout. Took about 1 hour and 42 minutes.

Tabata Bodyweight Squats

Set 1: 23 (Nice)

Rest

Set 2: 22

Rest

Set 3: 21

Rest

Set 4: 20

Rest

Set 5: 18

Rest

Set 6: 16

Rest

Set 7: 16

Rest

Set 8: 16

Total amount of reps: 152 (PR) (PR with 18 reps)

Did 100 Bodyweight Squats in 1:40 (PR). That's 1 rep a second for the observant :P New day awaits on KTA Blob 2.

Did 200 Bodyweight Squats in 4 minutes and 51 seconds. Wanted to do it under 5 minutes, so it was a success.

A new day awaits on KTA Blob 2 :alien:

Now only 2 days left on this week's KTA Blob 2. Good workout today. Took a 2 km walk. Will try to take it easy for the rest of today. Been feeling unusally tired the last couple of week's. Probably due to the unusally intense gripping..

Resting pulse from last 4 times (taken from last 7 days or sumthing like that): 64, 60, 64, 60. I wonder what it would be if I did not use snus so much.. (=

Now only 2 days left on this week's KTA Blob 2. Good workout today. Took a 2 km walk. Will try to take it easy for the rest of today. Been feeling unusally tired the last couple of week's. Probably due to the unusally intense gripping..

Nice log, how's KTA blob 2 going?

Thanks Big T. It's been a tough program, but i'm almost done with it now.

Today I did 232 Bodyweight Squats in 7 minutes time (PR in most Bodyweight Squats in One Set) (PR in most Bodyweight Squats in 7 Minutes).

Got a headache in the beginning of the set. Slowed me down for reps there. Kudos to myself for keep going. This was sliiiiiiiiightly slightly worse then the pace needed for 500 reps in 15 minutes. According to my counting I would have needed to do 2 reps more to reach the needed pace.. If I would have known that I probably could have done it.

KTA Blob 2 later today.

Ran a mile in 9 minutes. Pretty close to PR time. Felt really good considering how little running i've done lately. I think the bw squats help me with conditioning - Improve capacity of heart and lungs - in a good way, in aspect for the running. I'm not sure though if the endurance strenght I improve from them translates to better endurance in running - Or even makes my legs there more sluggish. o_O EDIT: 1 day left on KTA Blob 2, Week 4. Then only Test Day/s left!

Tabata Bodyweight Squats

Set 1: 24 (Nice) (PR in Most Bodyweight Squats in 20 Seconds)

Rest

Set 2: 23

Rest

Set 3: 23

Rest

Set 4: 20

Rest

Set 5: 19

Rest

Set 6: 18

Rest

Set 7: 17

Rest

Set 8: 17

Total amount of reps: 161 (PR) (PR with 9 reps)

The goal I had set for Tabata Bodyweight Squats, was 160 reps. So this felt gooood. Thinking about now doing these, while holding a weight plate.