Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

Deadlift (Mixed Grip)

130 kg x 1

150 kg x 1

162,5 kg x 0 (Fail)

162,5 kg x 1 (PR)

Much better attitude for the last set then the failed set. Short workout today..

EDIT: This was post number 700 in this log! :D

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Yesterday I did a "4 Minute High Intensity Interval" workout on my half broken stationary bike from the 70:s or something. Not complaining tho, it still works for what I wanna use it for. Today I did a group Spinning Workout. It was very intense. I wad at another gym then the last times. Definiteley (spelling) harder workout on this gym. My shirt were COMPLETELY soaked in my sweat when done after the 60 minutes. It was awesome in a kind of masochistic way...... hahahaha jk. I intend to re-do-it in about a week.

Caught up on your training. I really admire your determination and consistency dude. Keep up the great work.

Caught up on your training. I really admire your determination and consistency dude. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for your support Mr. Beast! :) Will try to :)

Today's Workout

Grippers

RH: CoC #3 x 1 weak close or vvn

LH: CoC #2 x 3

Kettlebell Two Hand Swings

48 KG Kettlebell

Set 1: 9 good reps, 2 bad reps (Reps PR) (With a couple of seconds of pause with KB on ground, before 2 of the reps)

Set 2: 4 good reps

Set 3: 1 good rep, 3 bad reps

Set 4: 2 good reps, 1 bad rep

Bad rep = Not full rep.

About 3 minutes of rest between sets.

2 minutes of rest between Set 4 and this:

Push Ups

BW + 20 kg x 2 ..Dropsetted with.. BW x 7

Nose touching ground each rep.

Yeaterday I bought 2 decks of Bee's Poker Cards. Tried to tear apart one of them, to see if I still could. I did tear apart the full deck. Slow and ugly, though.. Still sore in my quads after the Spinning last Thursday.. No jogging therefore.. Today I took a 4.3 km walk. Short pause for a cup of coffee. Then I took a 4.1 km walk.

Today I have taken a 6.2 km walk. Short pause after 3.1 km to buy some snus.. :S It took about 81 minutes.

Today was deadlift day.

I warmed up with RH CoC #3, 1 silent close, LH CoC #2, closed. But the real warm up was plenty of lifts with my 1" LGC Vbar. Far from PR weights.

So then I was really warmed up, and the deadlift session were actually shorter then the Warm Up.

Deadlift (Mixed Grip)

150 kg x 1 (Felt easy)

165 kg x 1 (PR) (Hard, but not super hard)

160 kg x 0 (Fail) (Strenght gone)

Happy to hit PR again on Deadlift.

Yesterday I took a +2 km walk. Today I have done a 4 Minute High Intensity Intervals on my Stationary Bike + a 5 km walk. Almost no soreness in my quads now.. think I go for a jog/run tomorrow. I have boked myself into a Spinning Workout on Friday - Always exciting! Hopefully after next time, I can run sooner after. EDIT: Forgot to mention: Tore apart a full deck of Bee's in under 25 seconds. Felt easy. Think I will next time try with Bicycles in a harder technique then i'm doing now.

Was going to run a mile with the dog. But after 700 meter he had to take a shit... haha.. I lost focus and stopped.. Walked for a few minutes. Then I decided to run 1 km with him instead - Time: 00:05:20.13, Medium speed: 11.2 km/h.

Today I did a great Spinning Group Workout. It was really tough. Like I had bathed in my shirt with the sweat.. :-) All good!

Today's Workout

Grippers

RH: CoC #3 x 4 bad sets and no close..

LH: CoC #2 x 1, 2

Kettlebell Two Hand Swings

48 KG Kettlebell

Set 1: 10 good reps, 1 bad reps (PR in Good Reps)

Set 2: 6 good reps (Improvement from last Workout)

Set 3: 2 good reps, 2 bad reps (Improvement from last Workout)

Set 4: 2 good reps, 2 bad reps (Improvement from last Workout)

Bad rep = Not full rep.

About 3 minutes of rest between sets.

About 2 minutes of rest between Set 4 and this:

Push Ups

BW + 20 kg x 2 ..Dropsetted with.. BW x 6 or 7 (Lost Count)

Nose touching ground each rep.

--

That I had so much problems setting the CoC #3 was pretty annoying. Satisfied with today's work with the kettlebell.

Deadlift day!

I warmed up with RH CoC #3, miss (closed it yesterday though, having trouble setting this one lately), LH CoC #2, closed. But the real warm up was lifts with my 1" LGC Vbar. Up to 90 kg LH. Up to 110 kg RH.

So then I was really warmed up, and the deadlift session were actually shorter then the Warm Up.

Deadlift (Mixed Grip)

155 kg x 1

170 kg x 1 (PR)

Steady stream of PR:s on Deadlift since I started doing it again a couple of weeks ago :) 170 kg was actually my goal for this year.. Now I need to beat that goal :)

Congratulations on your deadlift PR!

Thanks dude! It felt good to lift it.

--

Today I decided to do:

Tabata Bodyweight Squats

Set 1: 18

Rest

Set 2: 17

Rest

Set 3: 16

Rest

Set 4: 16

Rest

Set 5: 15

Rest

Set 6: 14

Rest

Set 7: 14

Rest

Set 8: 12

Total amount of reps: 122 (PR) (PR with 7 reps)

--

Haven't done this type of a Tabata Workout for a long time. Felt good to hit a PR directly.

Took a 5 km walk yesterday with the dog. I am very sore in my right hamstring after the squats. Don't know when I can run next time. I want to do conditioning stuff like Spinning and Bodyweight Squats, as well, apart from Running. Hopefully I can work up to getting more trained in my legs and gett less sore after that kind of leg training. So I can run shorter after.

I have taken I think 3 or 4 five km walks, since last update. Much better in my legs from the soreness now. Did some deadlift today, but got up not more then 160 kg. I am a bit off today due to I have a little cold and so on.. Closed CoC #3 for a solid single and 3 reps on CoC #2 (RH, LH).

I am planning to soon start the KTA Blob 2 program! I am planning to under that time do bodyweight squats as my main conditioning training. Putting other things on hold..

Did 137 bodyweight squats in 5 minutes time. That gotta be some kind of PR. Next goal is 150 reps in 6 minutes time.

Started the KTA Blob 2 Program yesterday. So i've done 2 days so far on it. Seems like a really though program.. O:-) Sore in my legs, but far from as sore as after last times bw squats. Hopefully the soreness from bw squats will be less and less, if I manage to keep up.

I have taken I think 3 or 4 five km walks, since last update. Much better in my legs from the soreness now. Did some deadlift today, but got up not more then 160 kg. I am a bit off today due to I have a little cold and so on.. Closed CoC #3 for a solid single and 3 reps on CoC #2 (RH, LH).

I am planning to soon start the KTA Blob 2 program! I am planning to under that time do bodyweight squats as my main conditioning training. Putting other things on hold..

Don't look to much at the big guys lifting above 200 kg like it's nothing, settle with the weights you can lift and steady progress will come! 170 kg was your max so 160 is lifting more than 90%...

that's a lot of weight for a 'normal' training session. Keep up the good work, I'm doing the same an try not to lift to heavy and still find progress.

Don't look to much at the big guys lifting above 200 kg like it's nothing, settle with the weights you can lift and steady progress will come! 170 kg was your max so 160 is lifting more than 90%...

that's a lot of weight for a 'normal' training session. Keep up the good work, I'm doing the same an try not to lift to heavy and still find progress.

Much thanks for your input Geralt! It totally makes sense what you're saying. Guess i'm so hungry after PR:s sometimes that I lose my sight a little. :)

Have taken some walks since last time.. Don't really remember all. Yesterday though I took a 4 km and a 2 km walk. Day 5 awaits today on KTA Blob 2. My goals with the program is: 1. Lift five 5 kg plates. 2. Lift Blob50.

Finished Week 1 on KTA Blob 2. Today I did 154 Bodyweight Squats in 6 minutes time (PR in most Bodyweight Squats in One Set).

Week 2, Day 2, awaits today on KTA Blob 2. Today I did 187 Bodyweight Squats in 7 minutes time (PR in most Bodyweight Squats in One Set). Next Bodyweight Squats goal = 200 reps in 8 minutes.

Week 2, Day 3, awaits today on KTA Blob 2. Today I did 215 Bodyweight Squats in 8 minutes time (PR in most Bodyweight Squats in One Set). Next Bodyweight Squats goal = 225 reps in 9 minutes.

--

Pretty repetitive writing in last posts.. but the numbers is to my joy improving (=