Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

My weight was down to 118,4 kg this morning. 120,4 kg when I started the Running Streak Experiment. So down 2 kg in a month. Not stopping there though!

My freakin foot is killing me when I walk. Need to rest, hope it gets better soon. I really do..

Training ache in biceps and upper back after high rep snatches with 16 kg kb. +60 reps in somewhere +3 minutes. Taking a rest day today. Took one Thursday as well, well I just did gripper attempts. CoC 2, LH, yes.. 1 close on CoC 3 RH. Silent close, didnt hear it click, but felt/saw it closed. Same yesterday. Foot feels better right now, hurted more this morning.

Training ache in biceps and upper back after high rep snatches with 16 kg kb. +60 reps in somewhere +3 minutes. Taking a rest day today. Took one Thursday as well, well I just did gripper attempts. CoC 2, LH, yes.. 1 close on CoC 3 RH. Silent close, didnt hear it click, but felt/saw it closed. Same yesterday. Foot feels better right now, hurted more this morning.

Nice work here

Thanks T. Done 2 sessions of Tabata on the stationary bike today. Pulse dropped with somewhere over 30 both times (not terrible). Hard to measure the pulse when its +180. Foot is getting a lot better. Tomorrow Sweden - Ukraine soccer madness. You americanos is missing something right now :-P :-D Of course you have the super bowl and baseball.. And other sports I don't get.. ;-)

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Tomorrow Sweden - Ukraine soccer madness.

Yeah.. that wasn't a major success.. Today I jogged. 2 easy km and I tried fartlek for the first time. I think it's gonna help me to reach my goals. My biggest goal in running, which I decided many monhts ago, is to run 2.4 km in Cooper test (12 minute run) because then, in my world, my stamina would be totally OK, not crap like it's really have been. I work towards a sub 30 five km now. It's a long and though road ahead. Did Rolling Thunder (old handle) today, 63 kg as best with RH, LH just sucked today. So 6 kg away from PR with RH. Haven't done RT in a really long time. My grip has been fried from the kb snatches last friday. Just today I could close CoC 3 and 2 again. Oh and today with RT i finished the workout with high rep 2 Hand lifts. Really worked my lower back.

Will keep this short since Im waching soccer.

Right foot feels better.

Today I jogged, 2 easy km (warm up and cool down). + Fartlek.

Tried Saltin Fartlek again. Goal is to do all 6 hard sets in minimum 10.2 km/h i medium speed. Today I did the first 2 in 10.3 km/h (then stopped, felt though enough for today) (PR in best Saltin Fartlek Workout)

Will keep this short since Im waching soccer.

Right foot feels better.

Today I jogged, 2 easy km (warm up and cool down). + Fartlek.

Tried Saltin Fartlek again. Goal is to do all 6 hard sets in minimum 10.2 km/h i medium speed. Today I did the first 2 in 10.3 km/h (then stopped, felt though enough for today) (PR in best Saltin Fartlek Workout)

Excellent work in here man! I forgot that you were @ 120kg. Makes your running numbers much more impressive too.

You might not find this as comical as I did...since I'm from the USA...but I did a blog post poking fun at the name "fartlek" - I'm a "born-again runner" this year. My numbers still suck but I'm starting to enjoy the runs now.

http://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/oops-i-fartleked-part-1-the-journey-begins/

You going to start working on the RT more often? Your numbers are a good starting point but I'm sure you can go way up with some focused work and a few tips here and there.

Hey Ben and thanks a lot dude! Yeah, i'm a heavy guy. I'm definitely aiming to lose more weight this year, to help me reach my running goals. Lots of mini goals and I will not rush, if I do I just end up weighing more then I did at the start, a short time after.. Slow and steady, and keep it down :)

Great read about your Fartlek Workout!

Haha.. A common joke by kids in Sweden is: "Är du en fartdåre"? (Do you love high speeds?). Then the other kid says he is a fartdåre.. then the other kid explains what fart means in english and start laughing.. ;)

Yeah, I think I will do RT regulary now for some time, do try to increase my PR numbers. My hands and forearms are still tired after last time, so I guess I need many days between of rest.

Rolling Thunder.. Great bw lifts you did in the other thread man! Looks like you didn't use any chalk? Will try that!

Been doing some easy runs since last time. And a couple of Tabata Workouts on my Stationary Bike.

Today I ran 1 mile with the dog, in the time: 00:09:11.40 (PR) 10.5 km/h in medium time, 16.4 km/h as fastest. Previous PR with the dog was 09:43.

It felt really good. Mio was awesome and took a shit before and after the workout, not during..! :rock

I couldn't close CoC #3 today. Closed CoC #2 for 2 reps. So I knew my general strenght was down (For RH), before I started the Rolling Thunder Workout.

Rolling Thunder

Only succesful lifts included.

RH: 58 kg x 1

LH: 58 kg x 1

RH: 60,5 kg x 1

LH: 58,5 kg x 1

RH: 60 kg x 1

Lots of misses.

So 2,5 kg less this time, then the workout before, with RH. 8,5 kg from PR Weight. But since I missed CoC #3, I knew before my strenght was down.

Better weights for LH this time, then the workout before. 5,5 kg away from PR Weight.

As a finisher for this workout I did 2 Hands Hold on my BLOB50, til failure.

Did some Fartlek Running. First 3 hard laps in 10.3, 10.3, 10.4 (PR in best Saltin Fartlek Workout) Intending to try 4 laps next time.. you're supposed to do 6 :-) Progressing to that.

Today I ran 3 kilometer in the time: 00:18:40.29 (PR). That's a PR with over 1 minute! :-) Pace per kilometer: 6:13.

I have taken two 4.3 km walks since last update.

Today I messed around with 2 Hand Levering with 6 kg and 8 kg barbell, will try it more. Closed CoC #3 two days ago.

--

I saw a group doing spinning and thougt too myself it looked fun. Then I signed up for a Spinning Workout next Thursday...... :whacked :whacked

I'm feeling a mix of nervous and excited about it.. Have I biten off more then I can chew.. Oh well, i'll just do my best, if I can't complete the workout, it aint the end of it all.

Training towards the Spinning Workout:

Thursday I did 2 Tabata Workouts on my Stationary Bike, 1 yesterday (felt bad and could'nt do the second), 2 today, and aiming to do 2 tomorrow. Like I said. I have problems getting the true Tabata Intensity going on, but I get a good heavy breathing going on anyway.

I'm aiming to do some jogging before Thursday. Especially a long jog on Tuesday.

Today i've done 1 Tabata Workout on the bike + walked one 4.3 km walk. Met a Dogo argentino. Man, that's a beautiful breed. :wub:

Switched the second Tabata to Rolling Thunder. Can't forget the grip work!! Closed CoC #3 RH so I felt I had a good strenght for me today.

Lifted 63 kg as best with RH (6 kg away from PR Weight). Almost got up 59 kg with LH, to a full lift. But no cigarr.. Then I repped on 58 kg and 53 kg with RH. Repped 53 kg with LH.

Finished it off with: Did a single with 93 kg in two hand lift. Really feel it in my lower back when I do 2 Hand Lifts with RT. Repped some on 83 kg.

Did the second Tabata Workout for today, on the stationary bike.

Today I jogged 8 kilometers (PR in longest jog) It took me probably over 1 hour. My training clock was acting like a douchebag today and turned itself off 2 times. The distance remained in the clock though, thank you. I wanted to jog for 1 hour, because the spinning on Thursday will be 1 hour.. Twirled my ~17 kg barbell for 2 reps (RH).

Did Rolling Thunder up to 64,5 kg (RH), 61 kg (LH). Only 3 kg away from PR Weight LH, good. Repped on 53 kg (BH). Closed CoC 3 RH.

Yesterday I did Spinning for 60 minutes. Went OK for being my first time.

I plan to do it again :)

Jogged 2 easy km with the dog. 8.2 km/h in medium speed.

2HP

Used a The Two Hander from FBBC, which I had through a pipe.

43 kg x 2

53 kg x 2

63 kg x 1

73 kg x fail

68 kg x 1

73 kg x fail

70,5 kg x 1

73 kg x fail

10 kg away from PR Weight. Don't even remember when I used this pinch device last time..

Jogged 6 km.

Time: 00:43:24.60

Medium speed: 8.3 km/h

Felt like I could have jogged 1 more km no problem. 8 km in 8.0 km/h had probably worked out well too.

Jogging

Distance: 2 kilometer

Time: 11 minutes, 39 seconds (PR)

Medium speed: 10.3 km/h

Fastest speed: 12.? km/h

Pace Per Kilometer: 5:50

Note: Throw up afterwards. But didn't feel unusally tired. Felt good befored the workout. Slightly odd. Goal completed with 2k sub 12. Progress(ing) ! Oh.. and a BIG note is I did this Run with the dog! I don't think he exactly slowed me down.. But he ran behind me pretty much the whole time..

Grip

Closed CoC #3 RH. Closed CoC #2 LH.

Went in RT straight to max lifts. Lifted 65 kg with RH, 4 kg away from PR Weight. With LH I lifted 64,5 kg (PR!) Sweet. I'm using the old Rolling Thunder Handle.

Decided to give my Vbar a go for the first time in many months. I'm using a (1 Inch) LGC Vbar. LH was off here. But with right hand I got up 114 kg (PR!). Felt great. I watched a clip on youtube where Andrew Durniat lifts some crazy number on a 2 inch Vbar I believe it is. Great for seeing a good way to place your hand. It helped.

Took a 57 minutes walk. Did a Tabata session on the stationary bike. High cadence, less thoughness on the resistance. Tomorrow I have signed up for a Spinning group workout.

Did a awwwwwwsome Spinning group workout for about 55 minutes with warm up and cool down included. Awesome as for how great it felt. Cleansing for the mind.. Improvement from last time as well. I think I will try to make Thursdays my "Spinning Day". It takes more on endurance in legs then on breathing. I get more heavy breathing usually after a run. But it's quite the challenge for endurance.