Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

Getting better in my left foot. I have today done 2 good workouts of Tabata on the Stationary Bike. Good intensity.

Today I started the GTG Grippin' which I talked about earlier. Doing Bar Twirling and Grippers. Done 4 sets for each hand, in the exercises, today. Closed CoC #3 2 times. Closed CoC #2 3 times. Was off first time there with the 2. Done 1 rep in all sets in Bar Twirling RH. 3 reps all sets with my shorter barbell, with the weight of 18 kg, LH.

Goals is to be able to twirl my 218 cm long barbell with weight on it to make it weigh at least 20 kg, for a couple of reps. Be able to twirl it without any extra weights, LH. Close my RB300N again RH + get more confident on the #3. Be able to again close my filed down RB180 LH. Would rank the 300N as at least significantly harder then my #3, which is an easy one. And the RB180 as a tough CoC #2.

Nice to hear your closing your #3 a few times and setting goals on your bar twirling etc.

Thanks T. I guess it's kinda silly I put all these fancy goal and barely train for any of them.. well, things show up along the way. I needed to train condition much, still do. The Twirling feat is something I think would be really cool to pull off, so I intend to not stop until I've done it.

--

GTG went OK yesterday and OK today. Closed CoC #3 all 4 times yesterday I think. 2 times today. Hurt slightly in the middle of the hand from a callus, today. Makes the gripper feel thougher. CoC #2 all good closes today and yesterday. Will focus on hard closes, on the road to proper overcrushes.

Bar Twirling OK all sets yesterday and today, RH. Except last set: Sloppy. LH, all good 3 reppers yesterday. Today a bit sloppy now and then. 4 sets here BH.

Did Tabata on hard resistance on the Stationary Bike. Nice. Managed to do 4 sets and then 5 sets in Tabata Sprints (Running). Staying over 12.1 km/h. Goal is obviously to stay over 12.1 km/h in all 8 sets. 5 sets is PR in best Tabata Sprints attempt, anyhow.

Planning to do Grease the Groove until next Tuesday = 5 days. Rest 1-2 days. Then max attempt, then on it again.

Great overall workout here. Bar twirling sounds fun and nice to see your getting singles on your #3 each day and building up with that. Yup Overcrushes sound good. Any gripper you can file and work that last bit is real nice there as well. Keep going and stay strong

Getting better in my left foot. I have today done 2 good workouts of Tabata on the Stationary Bike. Good intensity.

Today I started the GTG Grippin' which I talked about earlier. Doing Bar Twirling and Grippers. Done 4 sets for each hand, in the exercises, today. Closed CoC #3 2 times. Closed CoC #2 3 times. Was off first time there with the 2. Done 1 rep in all sets in Bar Twirling RH. 3 reps all sets with my shorter barbell, with the weight of 18 kg, LH.

Goals is to be able to twirl my 218 cm long barbell with weight on it to make it weigh at least 20 kg, for a couple of reps. Be able to twirl it without any extra weights, LH. Close my RB300N again RH + get more confident on the #3. Be able to again close my filed down RB180 LH. Would rank the 300N as at least significantly harder then my #3, which is an easy one. And the RB180 as a tough CoC #2.

Nice to hear your closing your #3 a few times and setting goals on your bar twirling etc.

Thanks T. I guess it's kinda silly I put all these fancy goal and barely train for any of them.. well, things show up along the way. I needed to train condition much, still do. The Twirling feat is something I think would be really cool to pull off, so I intend to not stop until I've done it.

--

GTG went OK yesterday and OK today. Closed CoC #3 all 4 times yesterday I think. 2 times today. Hurt slightly in the middle of the hand from a callus, today. Makes the gripper feel thougher. CoC #2 all good closes today and yesterday. Will focus on hard closes, on the road to proper overcrushes.

Bar Twirling OK all sets yesterday and today, RH. Except last set: Sloppy. LH, all good 3 reppers yesterday. Today a bit sloppy now and then. 4 sets here BH.

Did Tabata on hard resistance on the Stationary Bike. Nice. Managed to do 4 sets and then 5 sets in Tabata Sprints (Running). Staying over 12.1 km/h. Goal is obviously to stay over 12.1 km/h in all 8 sets. 5 sets is PR in best Tabata Sprints attempt, anyhow.

Planning to do Grease the Groove until next Tuesday = 5 days. Rest 1-2 days. Then max attempt, then on it again.

Great overall workout here. Bar twirling sounds fun and nice to see your getting singles on your #3 each day and building up with that. Yup Overcrushes sound good. Any gripper you can file and work that last bit is real nice there as well. Keep going and stay strong

Thanks T! I can recommend Bar Twirling, pretty unusual grip exercise I guess, but it's absolutely one of my favorites. Will try to!

--

So I did the last 2 GTG Days. Closed CoC #3 in all sets these 2 days! CoC #2 too. Bar Twirling went good. But yesterday I slipped with my left foot.. AGAIN.. did just 2 Bar Twirling Sets each hand. Had to be in my sofa and rest as much as possible. It still hurts.. I was a moron to walk in so bad shoes when it happend.. Hope I finally learned a lesson here..

Otherwise I did Tabata Sprints 2 days ago and Tabata on the Stationary Bike, hard resistance, yesterday (before the accident).

Max attempt day:

LH: CoC #2 - 5 reps (Touched PR)

LH: Twirled my 218 cm long 17,4 kg barbell for 1 rep (PR in heaviest twirling)

RH: CoC #3 - 1 solid rep, missed the second rep.

RH: Twirling, see video (PR in heaviest Twirling) (A little sloppy rep though):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSPZR4dX8os

I thought I should do a update.

I have done some Tabata on the Stationary Bike.. Only that I from now gonna call it 4 Minutes Intervals (High Intensity) or something like that.. More accurate. Hard to get the super duper intense Tabata intensity. I don't measure my bpm either. And not the 10 minute warm up. and.. and..

I did a 4 Minute Interval anyway yesterday. Felt desoriented afterwards. It was crazy how beat up I got. My bike is somewhat broken as well, you can now only ride it on hard resistance.. He, he.. Pretty expensive with Stationary Bikes/Spinning Bikes.. I don't know if I'll maybe settle doing less cadence work.

Today I jogged a mile with ze dog :D Somewhere under 10 minutes. Felt nice mentally.

Have closed CoC #3 and #2 now and then last couple of days.

Will probably start a new GTG Week Soon. The Hubing today was to see my max numbers. LH just under 22,2 kg somwhere. RH 25,7 kg.

Yesterday I ran a mile in 00:09:29.30.

Today I ran 1 kilometer in the time 00:05:02.38 (PR). My idea was to sprint the first 300-400 meter, and then try to maintain as much speed as possible for the rest. Almost did my goal of 1 km in sub 5.. PR with almost exactly 16 seconds, anyhow!

^^

Medium speed: 11.9 km/h.

Max speed: 21.9 km/h.

So big difference there you could say..

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Need to get my grip game going!

--

Today:

Jogging

Distance: 8 km

Time: 00:58:33.52 (PR)

Medium speed: 8.2 km/h

I consider this one of the best jogging laps i've done!

Yesterday:

Jogging

Distance: 10 km (PR in longest distance)

Time: 01:13:41.71

Medium speed: 8.1 km/h

Closed CoC #3 RH (Solid close). Closed CoC #2 LH.

Then I did lots of sets with my 1" LGC Vbar. Was really close to hit PR both hands. RH I got it up good height with 116 kg, but dropped it. Same with LH, on 103 kg.

Jogging

Distance: 8 km

Time: Almost exactly 58 minutes (PR)

Medium speed: 8.3 km/h

Pace per km: 7:15

Was originally planning to jog 10 km, but went out too hard. Happy to hit PR on 8 km.

Ran slighly over a mile. Afterwards when I got home I felt I didn't push myself enough. So I went out again:

Running

Distance: 1 km

Time: 00:04:54.39 (PR)

Medium speed: 12.2 km/h

Max speed: 16.9 km/h

I've been chasing a sub 5 km for some time. So that felt like a personal success.

Distance: 2 kilometer

Time: 00:11:27.04 (PR)

Medium speed: 10.5 km/h

Fastest speed: 15.3 km/h

Pace Per Kilometer: 5:44

Note: For me personally, with my current abilities, this was a very well performed running workout.

--

Earlier today I also ran 3 km in about 19 minutes (9.5 km/h in medium speed).

Closed CoC #3 RH. Closed CoC #2 LH. Bad setting on LH though.

Worked myself up to 116 kg x 1 (RH) in 1" LGC Vbar (PR).

Got up nothing more then 90 kg x 1 on LH :/ :/. Went from 90 kg to tire myself out on several attempts at 103 kg. Will go from 90 to maybe 95 kg, or something like that, next time.

Did a great spinning group workout tonight. Good amount of sweat. Good amount of pain.

Did some One Hand Deadlifting that was meeh. But it turned it out to be good Warm Up to regular mixed grip deadlift.

Deadlift (Mixed Grip)

Set 1: 147,5 kg x 1

Set 2: 160 kg x 0 (Fail)

Set 3: 150 kg x 1

Set 4: 160 kg x 1 (PR) (Sweet)

From many weeks of very little training for the body, I have gotten stronger somehow. Even lost quite a few centimeters on the waist as well.

:D

Distance: 1 mile

Time: 00:08:51.67 (PR)

Medium speed: 10.9 km/h

Had rained heavily so on the last 200 meters it were really a bad road to run on. At one a place I got my feet completely soaked in rain water. I were not super tired afterwards, would put 14-15 or so on the Borg scale.

Picked up CoC #3 RH, solid close, 2 mini reps.

Picked up CoC #2, LH, solid close.

Long Deadlift

Stood on one 20 kg plate for each foot.

Set 1: 110 kg x 5

Set 2: 115 kg x 4

Set 3: 120 kg x 3

Set 4: 120 kg x 3

Set 5: 110 kg x 3

3-4 or even 5 minutes of rest between sets.

Good work in here lately. When you deadlift, do you train at home or at any of the gyms around here?

Good work in here lately. When you deadlift, do you train at home or at any of the gyms around here?

Hello David! :D Hope you doing good and I'm rooting for you to bend the gold nail!

Thanks man! I work out at home. Have lots of weights, a 218 cm long barbell, and more.

--

Today I jogged 2 km, slowly. Sore in my body today.

Apart from the deadlift, I also did a short workout the plank and side plank and one legged squats (assisted for balance). The Plank with additional weights, 20 kg and 10 kg if I remember right. Good burn from it. Sore in stomach and low and upper back today.

Deadlift (Mixed Grip)

130 kg x 1

150 kg x 1

160 kg x 1 (Touched PR)

165 kg x 0 (Fail)

160 kg x 0 (Fail)

160 kg felt pretty easy, but after that set my strenght seemed to be gone. If I feel good in my body next time, I think I will try to slightly increase the weight, for the max lift.

Running

Distance: 1 mile

Time: 00:08:43.80 (PR)

Medium speed: 11.1 km/h

Max speed: 13.7 km/h

--

Ran 1 other mile earlier today. 9something. Have taken a couple of 4.3 km walks since last update. Really pleased with today's 1 mile pr.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Jogged one mile with ze dog, just over 09.30 somewhere.

The second workout for today was this:

Kettlebell Two Hand Swings

48 kg kettlebell

Set 1: 7-8 reps (Lost Count) (Full Reps)

Set 2: 6 reps (Full Reps)

Set 3: 4 reps (Full Reps)

About 2 minutes of rest between sets.

Push Ups

Set 1: BW + 10 kg x 8-10 (Lost Count) (Slow reps)

Set 2: BW + 10 kg x 4

About 1 minute of rest between Set 1 and 2.

Finished with Last 2 Finger Holds (BH) on my 48 kg kettlebell aka THE BEAST.

The 48 kg kettlebell is my newest toy. It looks awesome and I love it.

Jogging

Distance: 4 kilometer

Time: 00:26:23.50 (PR)

Medium speed: 9.1 km/h

Pace per km: 6:36

PR with ~25 seconds !