Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

Got up 114,25 kg with my LGC Vbar (RH) (PR). Had problems with technique initially, which tired me out, but happy to hit PR anyway! Repped with 80 kg both hands. Closed CoC #3 as well.

I've had training ache in my quads after the spinning, so I haven't been able to run.

Got up 114,25 kg with my LGC Vbar (RH) (PR). Had problems with technique initially, which tired me out, but happy to hit PR anyway! Repped with 80 kg both hands. Closed CoC #3 as well.

I've had training ache in my quads after the spinning, so I haven't been able to run.

Nice work on the 1" vbar work and the run PRs! I always wanted to try out one of the LGC 1" vbars when I was at my peak on the FBBC and Climber511 vbars.

Nice work on the 1" vbar work and the run PRs! I always wanted to try out one of the LGC 1" vbars when I was at my peak on the FBBC and Climber511 vbars.

Thanks Ben! Yeah, I think you would have done a crazy number on it, I know you're bad ass on the Vbar. It's a great piece of equipment. One of the grip tools I have, which I treasure the most. On later LGC Comps they have been using a 2" Vbar though, for injury prevention.

Did a 15 minutes improvised grip workout. Focus was to get a burning feeling in my hands. I'm thinking about throwing in this type of more improvisated work now and then. Focus mostly on getting a good burn in the hands and forearms.

Improvised and did some fingertip holds with a 20 kg weight plates fixated in a pipe with + 15 kg as most. Drop settet to just a 20 kg plate. Did some 2 finger holds with the 20. Both hands.

Did some last 2 finger holds on three 5 kg plates. 3 fingers after I got tired. Both hands.

Some 2 finger holds (Thumb + Any of the other four..) on various small rocks.

Some 2 hand holds on two 20 kg plates.

High rep on 2 hand crushes on TTK with 10 kg, thumbs on top. Very high reps with all four fingers on top.

Hands were feeling it.

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Today i've walked a 4.3 km walk and done a Tabata session the stationary bike. Minimum resistance, high cadence. My quads are still sore so still no running. I have signed up for a Spinning workout now on Thursday. Guess it's repeat on the soreness.. Hm but I think my legs eventually will adapt more to the Spinning and give me less soreness. So the spinning doesn't interfere with my running. I tried lifts with my Loading Pin, Stub Style. Got up 20 kg as best with RH. 15 kg with LH.

Still sore in my @#!*@! legs. Couldn't jog today either. Done a total of 3 Tabata sessions: Did one hand kb swings for 10 reps in each set, Did a lame session on the stationary bike + 1 good. Starting to feel a, nearly daily, need to get my breath working. Need to get my fix.. O:-)

A new PR yesterday:

LGC 1" Vbar, RH, 115 kg x 1 (PR)

Today I finally managed to jog. First 300 meters were awkward with a weird stride. Got into the groove after the 300 meters and jogged an easy 2 km. I had planned to jog 2.4 km, but I jogged with the dog, and he met a good friend of him after 2 km.. Couldn't get him to continue jogging.

In other news "I Run Because It Keep's Me Sane" is a quote which I think describes me well.. I've been feeling like i'm losing my mind, not been running for about a week. I think doing Running Streak, would be good for me. We'll see, but it's probably not a bad choice for me.

I cancelled my booking for a group Spinning Workout, today. Need to get a focus on running. Aiming to spin next Thursday.

Ran 1 kilometer in the time: 00:05:18.34 (PR). My goal is to run it in sub 5. But it's anyhow PR with ~18 seconds.

Jogged 2.4 km in somewhere sub 7 minutes as time per km. ~16:30 I think.

Ran 1 kilometer in the time: 00:05:18.34 (PR). My goal is to run it in sub 5. But it's anyhow PR with ~18 seconds.

Nice!

Nice!

Thanks Ben! :-) Today I ran 800 meter in the time: 00:03:47.66 (PR). Today's goal was to run it in sub 4. So it's allright!

Yesterday I ran 300 meter in the time: 00:01:04.69. 16.7 km/h in medium speed, 19.5 km/h as fastest.

1 km easy jog as warm up.

Then I tried to do Tabata Spurts. After 3 sets I got distracted and stopped (annoying). Then I did 3 more sets. Stopped after the last set because I failed to go faster then 12.1 km/h. For the first set I went out to hard I think. Next time I will try to be not much over 12.1 km/h, and try to do that for all 8 sets. If I complete that, have a faster pace goal next time etc.

The idea with this particular workout is to go faster then 12.1 km/h. In other words faster then goal pace for 2.4 km in 12 minutes (which is my biggest running goal).

For this idea I'm thinking a 1 easy km cool down would be good as well. Today I was to tired in my calf's today to do that.

1 easy km warm up. Jogged the km in just under 06:30. Felt pretty good to jog that without any struggling.

Then I did 2 attempts at Tabata Sprints. 3 sets in both attempts. To get over 12.1 km/h in all laps, I mean. Need to push myself harder next time!

Got up 115,5 kg in 1" LGC Vbar, RH (PR). Almost got up 103 kg LH in the Vbar, which woulda been a PR. Did some nonsense RT Work too. Then later I saw a piece of 6 mm Stainless Steel. Had just cut some on it to bend with. Started bending the whole thing and yada yada it turned out to become a pretty cool coat hanger. Gonna give it to my father on his birth day. It wasn't very heavy to do scrolling with the bar.. But I had no clue about technique so it took some time lol. Thinking about trying to learn some about scrolling. Would be cool to get creative and do some cool scroll work pieces.

Will keep this short, since it takes me forever to post via mobile. 2 days ago I jogged 4.58 km. Slowly. Wanted to jog longer distance, but got to tired in my calf's. Yesterday I felt like crap and were in my sofa all day.. bummer. Today I done a fair amount of cardio. 2 km jog: Goal was to beat 4 km PR, but I went out too hard and stopped early. Then I took a 2 km walk. And later I did a session of Tabata on the stationary bike + 1 more the same later. First was low resistance, high cadence. Second was the opposite. Good heavy breathing both times.

Yesterday I jogged a mile with the dog. Did some grip work too. It produced the idea that I want to try grease the groove again, Grippers and Bar Twirling. Planning to start that soon.

Today I did Tabata on the Stationary Bike, Higher Resistance and Lower Cadence (As Fast as I Could on the harder resistance, of course). I'm trying to build up some better leg endurance for biking, to help me in the Spinning Workouts.

I also today have done 120 reps with 16 KG KB, in Two Hand Swings, just under 6 minutes. Didn't get very heavy breathing. Pretty tired in biceps.

Thinking about buying a heavy kettlebell.

64 bpm this morning.

Was going to do Tabata Sprints. But when I started it, it felt like meeh. So I did some nonsense sprints. Then I impulsively felt like running 100 meter. Ran it in 19.20 (PR) (18.7 km/h in medium speed, 22.7 as fastest). So i'm still sloooow, but at least i'm running in the right direction, it feels like.

Yesterday I jogged a mile with the dog. Did some grip work too. It produced the idea that I want to try grease the groove again, Grippers and Bar Twirling. Planning to start that soon.

Today I did Tabata on the Stationary Bike, Higher Resistance and Lower Cadence (As Fast as I Could on the harder resistance, of course). I'm trying to build up some better leg endurance for biking, to help me in the Spinning Workouts.

I also today have done 120 reps with 16 KG KB, in Two Hand Swings, just under 6 minutes. Didn't get very heavy breathing. Pretty tired in biceps.

64 bpm this morning.

See your doing alot of cardio and some KB work. KB carryover to your grip you find?

64 bpm this morning.

See your doing alot of cardio and some KB work. KB carryover to your grip you find?

Yeah. I think it's a good saying that you should focus on your weaknesses (dont know if that's correct english, but anyway). My condition has been utterly crappy to say the least. Now it's going in the right direction, at least.

I think I have been doing kettebell work to little to say for sure. But my grip is usually fried for a couple of days after a heavier kb session. However if there's a good carryover to certain grip exercises, I'm not sure yet :)

Today I jogged 3 km with the dog =) Somewhere below 21 minutes, below 20.30 I think somewhere.

Last Tuesday I did some Cardio. One 4.3 km walk, One Tabata Workout on the Stationary Bike. And the best was a group Spinning Workout. I did my best at it so far, I think. But like I said, to me the Spinning Workouts work more endurance in legs than condition. I sure get a heavier breathing from "just" 4 minutes Tabata.

Yesterday I was in the capital city of Sweden, Stockholm, and visited the person who were my brother's best friend. A really nice guy. It was a nice day, but I was clumsy.. First I fell when walking and then a couple of hours later, I should'a have learned and be more careful. But then I slipped with my left foot so now it is swollen and hurts when I walk. I hope to be able to jog not to far from now, but we'll see..

Getting better in my left foot. I have today done 2 good workouts of Tabata on the Stationary Bike. Good intensity.

Today I started the GTG Grippin' which I talked about earlier. Doing Bar Twirling and Grippers. Done 4 sets for each hand, in the exercises, today. Closed CoC #3 2 times. Closed CoC #2 3 times. Was off first time there with the 2. Done 1 rep in all sets in Bar Twirling RH. 3 reps all sets with my shorter barbell, with the weight of 18 kg, LH.

Goals is to be able to twirl my 218 cm long barbell with weight on it to make it weigh at least 20 kg, for a couple of reps. Be able to twirl it without any extra weights, LH. Close my RB300N again RH + get more confident on the #3. Be able to again close my filed down RB180 LH. Would rank the 300N as at least significantly harder then my #3, which is an easy one. And the RB180 as a tough CoC #2.

Getting better in my left foot. I have today done 2 good workouts of Tabata on the Stationary Bike. Good intensity.

Today I started the GTG Grippin' which I talked about earlier. Doing Bar Twirling and Grippers. Done 4 sets for each hand, in the exercises, today. Closed CoC #3 2 times. Closed CoC #2 3 times. Was off first time there with the 2. Done 1 rep in all sets in Bar Twirling RH. 3 reps all sets with my shorter barbell, with the weight of 18 kg, LH.

Goals is to be able to twirl my 218 cm long barbell with weight on it to make it weigh at least 20 kg, for a couple of reps. Be able to twirl it without any extra weights, LH. Close my RB300N again RH + get more confident on the #3. Be able to again close my filed down RB180 LH. Would rank the 300N as at least significantly harder then my #3, which is an easy one. And the RB180 as a tough CoC #2.

Nice to hear your closing your #3 a few times and setting goals on your bar twirling etc.

Nice to hear your closing your #3 a few times and setting goals on your bar twirling etc.

Thanks T. I guess it's kinda silly I put all these fancy goal and barely train for any of them.. well, things show up along the way. I needed to train condition much, still do. The Twirling feat is something I think would be really cool to pull off, so I intend to not stop until I've done it.

--

GTG went OK yesterday and OK today. Closed CoC #3 all 4 times yesterday I think. 2 times today. Hurt slightly in the middle of the hand from a callus, today. Makes the gripper feel thougher. CoC #2 all good closes today and yesterday. Will focus on hard closes, on the road to proper overcrushes.

Bar Twirling OK all sets yesterday and today, RH. Except last set: Sloppy. LH, all good 3 reppers yesterday. Today a bit sloppy now and then. 4 sets here BH.

Did Tabata on hard resistance on the Stationary Bike. Nice. Managed to do 4 sets and then 5 sets in Tabata Sprints (Running). Staying over 12.1 km/h. Goal is obviously to stay over 12.1 km/h in all 8 sets. 5 sets is PR in best Tabata Sprints attempt, anyhow.

Planning to do Grease the Groove until next Tuesday = 5 days. Rest 1-2 days. Then max attempt, then on it again.