Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

Tabata Squats

20 kg weight plate as resistance (20 kg plate equivalent to a 45 pounds plate)

Set 1: 19 reps

Rest

Set 2: 19 reps

Rest

Set 3: 17 reps

Rest

Set 4: 16 reps

Rest

Set 5: 12 reps

Rest

Set 6: 13 reps

Rest

Set 7: 11 reps

Rest

Set 8: 14 reps

Total amount of reps: 121 (PR in total number of reps, on this weight) (PR with 15 reps)

-

My conditioning has definitly improved. Used to get much much more tired from stuff like this.

Jogged 2 + 1 km with the dog. Legs were heavy.. Lots of high rep squats latey.. I think I will try to jog twice a week with the dog. Much (maybe most) for his sake. He needs to get "activated" and have some fun.

Grippers and One Legged Squats

CoC #3 RH, miss :

Hm, maybe Squats is good Warm up for grippers? ;

14-15 One Legged Squats with Right Leg :

RH: CoC #3: Good close.

-

No go with One Legged Squats with Left Leg. Felt slight pain in knee, enough to keep me from doing the squats.

CoC #2, LH, 1 rep.

Card Tearing

42 Cards Torn apart, in about 1 minute.

48 kg Kettlebell Two Hand Catch and Release

Reps: 10, 5, 4.

^^ About 2 minutes of rest between sets.

48 kg Kettlebell One Hand Deadlift

RH: 25 reps

LH: 25 reps

Earlier today:

Tabata Kettlebell Thrusters

12 kg kettlebell. One handed thrusters.

Set 1: 15 reps

Rest

Set 2: 15 reps

Rest

Set 3: 14 reps

Rest

Set 4: 11 reps

Rest

Rest

Set 6: 11 reps

Rest

Set 7: 10 reps

Rest

Set 8: 9 reps

Total amount of reps: 97 (PR) (7 reps better then last time)

Just now:

Ran a mile with the dog. 10.0 km/h. He took a shit after the run and not during - That's awesome =)

And this morning I measured 52 in rest pulse. That's the lowest I have measured.

Earlier today:

Did 400 BW Squats in 11:52. But somewhere between 50 and 100 of the reps were with bad depth.

Just now:

Grippers

RH: CoC #3, 2 misses on video attempts, 1 close (not video). Closing a gripper and closing it on video is 2 things with much difference in how hard it is. At least for me.

LH: CoC #2, 1 rep, 1 rep.

Card Tearing

1 full deck of "Cheapos" torn apart. Slow tearing, about 2:57.

Kettlebell Flips

16 kg: Hand to Hand Forward Flip and Catch x 20, 20.

20 is PR. But this is only the second time I do Forward Flips.

First 2 Fingers

RH: Four 5 kg plates for hold x 2 (Short holds..)

LH: Like RH x 1

48 kg kb, First 2 Finger Lifts:

RH: 3

LH: 2

The Crucifix

Two 5 kg plates x 1

Static 2 Hand Curls

16 kg kb, drop, 12 kg kb, drop, 5 kg weight plate.

--

I didn't time any of the holds.

• Like 1

Been feeling sick most of the day. So I only did a quick Kettlebell Flips Session. Did as best 28 reps in Hand to Hand Forward Flip And Catch, w/ 16 kg kb (PR).

Realised now that I got a mail that I were weeks late with my video =))))

Put some random song in the video and changed title and description. lol.

;)

I misunderstood again I think. To h*ll with my stupidness. I just leave that thing now.

I got a mail and the video got accepted. Now I have 19 levels left ;)

Sometimes my body works better then my head........

EDIT: I were just frustrated with myself before. lol

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Right audio for the kettlebell video, new url,

Planning to jog with the dog today.

"Crushing an apple without digging my fingertips in. This video is a tribute to BOB SAPP! :D I look bored on the video because except for when Bob Sapp does it, this "feat" is kinda silly - Raw potato is the real deal."

Did 16 One Legged Squats with each leg, assisted for balance with left. I do these with my off leg bacwards, and not forward. Makes it much easier. I can't do them with off leg forward, for now anyway. OK pace with Right Leg, Good pace with Left leg.

Closed CoC #3 RH and CoC #2 LH (MMS). Just keeping my strenght here..

Did Kettlebell Juggling for I don't know how long. Trained for Level 6 on Kettlebelljuggling.com site's challenges. I think these are very nice challenges and fun. I did as best: 11 Side to Side Flips Alternating Hands. 2 reps with each hand in Side to Side Flips Front and Backhand with One Arm.

I have ordered 2 DVDs by Jeff Martone as well.

All this sudden interest in Kettlebell Juggling comes from that I were on a Circus show some weeks ago and saw Kettlebell Jugglers in Action. I thought it looked awesome and could'nt after some weeks resist trying it myself :D

Side to Side Flips Alternating Hands x 23. RH: Side to Side Flips Front and Backhand with One Arm x 4

09:30 minutes of Kettlebell Juggling. Practised on Side Flips. As best: Side to Side Flips Alternating Hands x 31. RH: Side to Side Flips Front and Backhand with One Arm x 5. LH: Side to Side Flips Front and Backhand with One Arm x 3.

Tabata Bodyweight Squats

Set 1: 26 (Nice) (PR in Most Bodyweight Squats in 20 Seconds)

Rest

Set 2: 25

Rest

Set 3: 25

Rest

Set 4: 24

Rest

Set 5: 21

Rest

Set 6: 21

Rest

Set 7: 20

Rest

Set 8: 20

Total amount of reps: 182 (PR) (PR with 21 reps)

Workout Number 2.. RH: CoC 3, closed or vn. LH: CoC 2, 1 rep. A full deck of Bicycles torn apart, slow n ugly. Need to stick to Cheap decks.. In KB Flips I did a 10 repper w/ 16 kg kb in same as in exercise as in last post (RH). Did a 4-repper w/ LH. Did The Crucifix w/ two 5 kg plates for 3 sets, 1 min rest between sets. Good burn. Did 1 set for each hand in 1 inch Vbar holds, 70 kg. Finished with 21 reps for each arm in KB Hammercurls, 16 kg. Not til failure but good burning in biceps. Gonna try static w/ this exercise.

Was hard today to do Kettlebell Flips, due to the weather and terrain (not sure if terrain is the right word..). Ditched grip training today, felt I could use some rest for the hands.

Tabata Kettlebell Thrusters

12 kg kettlebell. One handed thrusters.

Set 1: 14 reps

Rest

Set 2: 14 reps

Rest

Set 3: 13 reps

Rest

Set 4: 14 reps

Rest

Rest

Set 6: 11 reps

Rest

Set 7: 10 reps

Rest

Set 8: 10 reps

Total amount of reps: 98 (PR) (1 rep better then last time)

Maybe 14 reps on Set 3 yesterday <- No big deal. From todays KB Flipping I did with RH, 12 reps in Side to Side Flips Front and Backhand with One Arm. 5 reps with LH. LH is slowly beginning to wake up.. I want to have done 15 reps with each hand, before I attempt Level 6 on video. I also did 169 reps in BW Squats in 5 min. Right pace for 500 reps in 15 minutes.

I had planned to do Card Tearing. But as I took a look at my Barbell, I thought for a second, and quickly changed my mind.. Deadlift! Warm up lifts, then BOOM: New PR = 172.5 kg (PR with 2.5 kg). I seem to get stronger on deadlift, from not doing it.. Or rarely, at least. I recorded the lift, but it were to dark out to see good. I count this lift as a one of those big PRs - It's deadlift, man..

• Like 1

Missed to mention..

Earlier today I did 10 minutes of Kettlebell Flips. As best: RH: Side to Side Flips Front and Backhand with One Arm x 18, LH: Side to Side Flips Front and Backhand with One Arm x 5.

Jogged a mile with the dog in new shoes designed for slippery roads. They worked good.

4 Minutes High Intensity Intervalls ("Tabata") done, on the Stationary Bike. Good intensity.

Did some One Legged Squats. Minimal pain in left knee, but enough to make me stop quickly there.

Tore apart a deck of Bicycles in about 40 seconds:

https://www.youtube....h?v=QWwpopeEXl8

--

Then I had planned to do some work with my 48 kg Kettlebell. But it had frooze to the ground so I said screw it, lol.

Found a chain, improvised and did Bicep work with it for some sets, like I have seen Jedd Johnson do in one of his great vids. Can't find the video now though. Then I went to Hammercurls with pause in top position, w/ 16 kg Kb. Finished w/ 16 kb static 2 arm bicep curl. All done in drop sets.

EDIT:

I have a video where I tear apart Bicycles faster then above.. but it's a very blurry video ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-nJakbRRGM