Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

Now I have jogged everyday for 31 days. When I have done todays jog I will beat my Running Streak PR (32 days) :D

--

Deadlift (Mixed grip)

150 kg x 1 (very easy)

160 kg x 1 (easy)

180 kg x 1 (PR) (heavy)

Very pleased with the lift and that the second GTG Week in Deadlift was a success. Could perhaps have lifted 182,5 kg or so.

Now I will think about if I do another GTG Week in Deadlift, or another exercise, or if I go back to more regular strenght training. We'll see.

:)

• Like 2

New PR in Longest Running Streak: 32 Days. Now every day I jog at least 1 mile, it will be a new PR.. Haha..

IM Hub, RH, 27.2 kg x 1 (PR). Uploading to YouTube right now.

Started the Russian Squat Routine for Deadlift today.

The original program, but doing it with deadlift instead of Squats..

Doing it as 181 kg in deadlift was my PR. Since I think I would have taken that last Max Attempt, and that it gets more easier to adjust weights.

Today was 6 sets of 2 reps with 145 kg. Really felt it in my back. Filmed 2 of the sets.

6 sets of 6 reps, in Week 3, gonna be intense.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Weightlifting/RussianSquatProgramGenerator.html

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Now I have jogged at least 1 mile, every day for 38 days.

Today was day 2 on the Russian Squat Program for Deadlift. 6 sets 3 reps on 145 kg.

At least 1 mile of jogging, now for 40 days.

Week 1 Day 3 done on the Russian Squat Program for Deadlift. 145 kg 6 sets 2 reps.

Week 2 starts on Saturday. Perhaps not optimal to start the program on a Saturday and not Tuesday. But now I keep it up for the rest of the weeks.

I have started to drink Whey Protein after training. Sometimes a part of a meal to get more protein in me. As a bonus, the bag i have opened now taste super good.

At least 1 mile of jogging, now for 40 days.

Week 2 Day 1 done on RSR for Deadlift. 145 kg 6 sets 4 reps. 6 * 4 ? I never quite understod how to read it like that.

It was a though workout. Started with +2 minutes of rest. Before last set I rested over 5 minutes.

Tore apart a full deck of Nordisk Standard in it's box, in about 15 sec (PR on that brand).

I'm gonna buy more Bicycles, to see what I can do with them. I think Nordisk Standard is easier, but not very much easier.

Today I jogged a mile without the dog. 8.7 km/h.

Did Day 2 on Week 2 at RSR for Deadlift. 145 kg 6x2. Light weeeeeight.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I tore apart a full deck of Nordisk Standard, in it's box, in somewhere between 20-29 sec. It was a pretty ugly tear though. I have ordered more Cards! 50 cheapos and 36 decks of Bicycles.

Decided to end RSR for Deadlift. I believe it was a mistake to start it at this stage in my training. I need to have my primaly focus on losing weight. I have put it on hold for way too long. I have now jogged every day for 50 days. I stay at the distance 1 mile .. As I lose weight I intend to increase the distance as I get lighter and lighter. My birthday is tomorrow, but I got my present yesterday. A Spinning Bike. Pretty awesome.. Did my first workout on it yesterday:

Threshold Intervals

RPE: 7 (1-10 Scale)

3 x 6 intervals with 2 minutes easy recovery.

Joe Friel-workout..

--

I intend to do workouts on the bike, most days of the week.

My other focuses will be to try to maintain my deadlift strenght, train it 1-2 days a week 85-100 % of 1RM singles. And to train bw training a la Convict Conditioning.

Did Saltin Fartlek on the Spinning Bike. Short Warm Up and no Cool Down. 26 minutes. Good workout.

Downloaded a Indoor Cycling App and have done 2 workouts from it. OK.

Up to 54 days on the Running Streak.

Today I did some strenght training. Up to a single on 170 kg, in deadlift. Tore apart a full deck of Bicycles in about 34 seconds + some random grip work.

Spinning 74 minutes. 20 minutes x3 at RPE 4 (1-10). Rest 5 minutes, 5, 4.

Watched Spongebob Squarepants The Movie during the workout. Haha..

Did 70 minutes on the Spinning Bike. 20 minutes x3: Around 4 on RPE (1-10). Rest pace 5 minutes x2. Watched Air Buddies, pretty cool. I need to get a big collection of movies around 70-80 minutes.. Lol

Earlier today I got asked to deadlift my barbell loaded with 170 kg. Lifted it easy. No warm up what so ever.. :/ The audience got very impressed, so that felt good. Could not resist the challenge.

Spinning yesterday. Though 28 minutes.

Today (other then jogging) walking ~105 minutes, 8.56 km.

Weight Loss project is going well.

Now I have jogged everyday for 2 months straight (62 days)! It, to take the daily jog, is starting to feel as natural as taking a shower every day, routine vise. I don't have any particular time goals right now. As I get lighter I will get faster automatically and then I can start PRs Hunt.

Tonight I dunno if I exercise more.. We'll see..

Down 2 kg in 1 week. Don't want to lose weight faster. 1-2 kg a week would be nice. I drink lots of casein protein drinks, whey after training. Usually 50 grams per shake. Not too many calories and it takes away much hunger. For dinner I eat 1 plate. Trying to eat half of the plate with vegetables. Then 50/50 carbs, protein .. "Tallriksmodellen" in swedish. No calories in drinking for dinner. I am a sucker for light cola.. :/

Today I was tired but felt on some strenght excersice. Got up 170 kg in deadlift, failed on the weight with DO :[. Tried to tear apart a full deck of Nordisk Standard in it's box, failed miserably. Took it out of the box and then it was easy.

I have begun to before I try to sleep, to do Pranayama excersises (breathing yoga). I am pretty open minded .. So I thougt it may help me fall asleep without taking drugs (medicine) which I have taken pretty much every night for several years. It has already helped a lot, soon I think I can ditch the meds. Have fallen asleep w/o them already some nights after pranayama sessions. I currently do Anuloma Viloma and Sanya-Bhedana. When I can so them in a better way I will add more exercises, no rush though.

Spinning 25 minutes: 5 min warm up 15 min standing position 5 min cool down.

Spinning same as 10 March.

Walking ~2.4 km, ~33 min.

Focus on Cardio now for the Weight Loss Project :S

Walking ~2.4 km, ~32 min.

Tore apart a full deck of Nordisk Standard in 11 sec (PR time on that brand). I feel I should be able to tear it in less then 10 sec.

Never tried that brand of cards but sounds like a great feat done very quickly- Congrats - Onward and Upward my friend!

Thanks bro! I read about your views on the difficulty on a number of different decks, in Jedd's Card Tearing e-book. So it feels extra cool to get applauds from you on my Card Tearing. Nordisk Standard is cards I got many of for a cheap price. Easier then Bicycles and such, but harder then other cheapos i have tried.

--

Spinning, 5 min warm up 15 min standing 5 min cool down.