Gripping And Other Adventures

Six Barrel Shotgun

Yesterday I jogged a mile with the dog. Cold. Close to 0 degrees in Fahrenheit according to a Fahrenheit/Celsius Conversion Site, I found. But it was pretty nice actually once you runned some and got the body temperature up.

Today I did 177 Hindu Squats (BW only) in 5 minutes. I had a goal for a year or 2 ago, to do 167 Hindu Squats in less then 5 minutes. So today I wanted to see if I could do it. I have always done Hindu Squats without the arm movement. Then I tore apart a deck of "Nordisk Design" (Cheap deck). I think it took me around 35 seconds. I'm uploading it to YT right now. I want to try as many different brands of Cards as I can.

Short but intense work with The Crucifix, reps on Weight Plate Lateral Raise, Weight Plate/Kettlebell Front Raise Hold/For reps.

Did 200 BW Squats in 05.51. Tore apart a full deck off Fournier 505 in about 30 seconds or faster (Messed up the video) (first time on that brand), a full deck of Bicycles in +1 minute. Failed on third deck, Nordisk Standard. Its not called "Nordisk Design" like I said.

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Today's workout:

"Tabata" on the Stationary Bike.

RH: 1 rep on CoC #3 (MMS)

LH: 4 reps on CoC #2 (MMS) (Unusually good setting here, nice)

Tore apart a full deck of Fournier 505 in about 13 seconds.

Tore apart a full deck of Tally Ho in.. long time.. slow and ugly. First time trying this deck. It was tough, but I think I have a better chance at it if I attack it as the first deck.

Video of the first tear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCmLeHKwnTE

^ Have set Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock for this one :D Takes a while before it's done loading.

Bad weather for Kettlebell Juggling etc. Terrible excuse I know. Gotta get it going.

Did 220 Bodyweight Squats in 5 minutes (PR in most BW Squats in 5 minutes). Tore apart a full deck of Bicycles in 28-29 seconds. But I dropped 2 pieces. Overall i'm getting better at Card Tearing. Thinking about focusing more on it, to see what feat that could lead to.

Today's Training:

Tabata Squats

20 kg weight plate as resistance (20 kg plate equivalent to a 45 pounds plate)

Set 1: 21 reps
Rest
Set 2: 20 reps
Rest
Set 3: 18 reps
Rest
Set 4: 17 reps
Rest
Set 5: 16 reps
Rest
Set 6: 15 reps
Rest
Set 7: 13 reps
Rest
Set 8: 15 reps

Total amount of reps: 135 (PR in total number of reps, on this weight) (PR with 14 reps)

-

Oh, The Pain.

-

This week I have done Tabata Squats with a 10 kg plate, 3 times. Don't have the paper with the numbers at me right now. 1, I think 2, times "Tabata" on the Stationary Bike.

Grip Work from Monday til Friday. Focus on Card Tearing. Updating more at a later time, about that.

"

Tabata Squats

20 kg weight plate as resistance (20 kg plate equivalent to a 45 pounds plate)

Set 1: 16 reps
Rest
Set 2: 14 reps
Rest
Set 3: 11 reps
Rest
Set 4: 11 reps
Rest
Set 5: 10 reps
Rest
Set 6: 10 reps
Rest
Set 7: 8 reps
Rest
Set 8: 7 reps

Total amount of reps: 87 (PR in total number of reps, on this weight) (PR with 9 reps)

I think I will continue with the same resistance next time.

--

This was VERY painful. I was in great pain and I throw up 3 time afterwards. It was tough just to drink my usual after training glass of milk.

The last couple of weeks I have smoked a couple of cigarettes, and old BAD habit. I had stopped smoking for several months, then I tasted a cigarette puff, from my big brother -- Big mistake! Now I am determined again to NOT LET THESE ***** CIGARETTES destroy my health and condition! I WILL avoid cigarettes, for my general health and condition.

"

^^ Quoting this one again.. The quote is from Dec 15 1 year ago.. 1 year and 1 day.

In the 1 post over I did 48 more reps in the same exercise and weight. And were much less tired. So there's been improvement with my conditioning, general health etc. My heart and lungs is thankful :)

Since this is my training log I wanted to post this. To remind me that all the conditioning training isn't for nothing.

Tabata Squats

10 kg weight plate as resistance

Set 1: 21 reps
Rest
Set 2: 21 reps
Rest
Set 3: 21 reps
Rest
Set 4: 20 reps
Rest
Set 5: 18 reps
Rest
Set 6: 15 reps
Rest
Set 7: 15 reps
Rest
Set 8: 15 reps

Total amount of reps: 146 (PR in total number of reps, on this weight) (PR with 6 reps)

Earlier today: Did 167 BW Squats in 03.50. Just now: A total of 100 reps in about 6 minutes, in One Hand Deadlift w/ 48 kg kb. Equally many reps with LH and RH. Did some biceps work w/ 16 kg kb. I may end this day with some Card Tearing.. We'll see.

Today's Training:

Grip

Worked pinch w/ two 10 kg plate. I tried to lift them with Last 2 Fingers. Didn't even breake the ground. Yesterday though I got air on it. New goal.. ;)

Moved on to grip workout with some Last 2 Fingers Lift on my 48 kg kettlebell. Elevated high from ground, short lifts.

Finished with 2-Hand Crushes on TTK. Don't remember all weights, but it were many drop sets. At the end I were doing holds with 2,5 kg with just the top of thumb finger tip (1-Hand).

Abs and Calfs

Did The Plank: BW + 20 kg, Drop, BW + 10 kg, Drop, BW.

Did Single Leg Calf Raise. Right Calf: First 12 reps with 48 kg kb, then till 100 with only BW. Left Calf: First 30 reps with 48 kg kb, then till 100 with only BW. Had bad balance with Right, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

"Just now: A total of 100 reps in about 6 minutes, in One Hand Deadlift w/ 48 kg kb."

^ New PR in that same exercise and weight: 03.00.

--

I have jogged everday for the last 11 days. From one mile to two miles. Most times with the beast (dog).

For 2013 my biggest goal is to lose weight. My physical health seems to be OK right now except my blood fats. If I lose weight I hope to improve them, so I don't need medicine for it anymore.

I have been slacking of with Weight Training. Done some Card Tearing. I have one video of a tear of Nordisk Standard, to upload. I think it was in PR Time.

Was supposed to do Abs Training Today or Yesterday. But i've been sick from Vinterkräksjukan as it is called in Swedish, Winter Vomiting Disease in the UK. Darn Noroviruses is the universal thief.. Getting better. But sore in abs from all the vomiting. So I had to end the Running Streak, but I restarted it today with 1 mile for the day.

Now I have jogged everyday for 8 days. From 1 mile to 2.4 km. Planning to increase distance when I have lost some more weight. Uhh got some sort of impulse and ordered some old school strongman books and a full set of Chest Expanders from a american website. Lol, but in all seriousness I think I will enjoy the books and have some nice training with the full set. A DVD is included. I have bought Convict Conditioning 1 and 2. Have done some work from book 1 today and yesterday. Working towards Full One Leg Squat (Not assisted) and more. Sore today in abs and chest from work in the book.

Inconsistent updates here lately. I`m not sure how much I will update the next coming weeks. When I feel like I have somthing to say, I guess.. :}

Earlier today:

Jogged a mile. 8.9 km/h. Without the dog.

Just now

Straight Bridges, 2 set of 20 reps each.

Tore apart a deck of Nordisk Standard in just over 20 sec. Uploading to YouTube right now. Failed on second deck.

The Crucifix, two 5 kg weight plate with 1 kg weight plate on each, 3 sets. Just over 40 sec in first set. Could'a gone little longer. About 30 sec of rest between sets. Increased weight from just 5 kg weight plates.

Earlier today:

Jogged 2 km. 8.1 km/h. With the dog. Heavy terrain.

Just now

Flat Straight Leg Raises, 10, 4, 1. About 1 minute of rest between sets. The Plank directly after the 1 repper.

Yesterday

Jogged a mile. I think it was in 8.6 km/h. Did'nt manage to get any strenght training done.

Today

Jogged a mile. 8.1 km/h. Without the dog.

Moved my kettlebells, most of my weight plates and my best barbell, from one place to another. Over 310 kg. Nice workout.

Deadlift

120 kg x 1

140 kg x 1

165 kg x 1

170 kg x fail

Mixed grip.

Okay.. Todays jogging where mentally INSANE. Rest Day Pace for a mile. But what made it so weird was:

Took a sleeping pill but still could not fall asleep. Eventually I said scew it and at 4.30 am i went for the jog. I am not going to get into details, but the short jog involved plenty of Visual Hallucinations. Man it was creepy. But I did jog the mile. Hahahaha

Okay.. Todays jogging where mentally INSANE. Rest Day Pace for a mile. But what made it so weird was:

Took a sleeping pill but still could not fall asleep. Eventually I said scew it and at 4.30 am i went for the jog. I am not going to get into details, but the short jog involved plenty of Visual Hallucinations. Man it was creepy. But I did jog the mile. Hahahaha

Not a mile. 2.09 km.

Now I have jogged every day for 18 days. Trying to beat my Running Streak PR of 31 days. A mile yesterday, 9.Something in km/h. A mile today, 8.8 km/h.

Last Sunday I started Grease the Groove in Deadlift. About 86% of previous lift on 165 kg (142.5 kg). Did 8 singles yesterday and 9 today. 2 more days, then max attempt. Then I aim to continue the project for 1 to 3 more weeks. My goal is to beat my PR on 172.5 kg.

Jogged a mile, 9.2 km/h. About -14 degrees celcius.

Done 6 singles for the day in 142.5 kg deadlift. 1 more day, then 2-3 days of rest, before max attempt.

Tore apart a full deck of Nordisk Standard in 12-13 sec (PR Time on that Brand) I did'nt film it :/

Jogged a easy mile yesterday, 8.4 km/h if I remember right. 1 mile today in Rest Day Pace.

GTG Deadlift yesterday for 6 singles (again, if I remember right..) Next Deadlift Day on Sunday or Monday, where I probably will attempt 170 kg.

• Like 1

The first GTG Week in Deadlift was a BIG SUCCESS!!

142.5 kg x 1 (extremly easy)

152.5 kg x 1 (very easy)

173.5 kg x 1 (PR, not very heavy)

175 kg x 1 (PR, heavy)

If I had done 1 more warm up set and gone directly to 177.5 kg, I probably would have lifted it.

The coming GTG Deadlift Week, I plan to lift about 85.7 % of 175, which is 150 kg.

Done with the fifht day of GTG today, before Max Attempts on Wednesday or Thursday. 150 kg deadlifts have gone good. Will probably attempt 180 kg on Max Day. Been doing IM Hub with right, on 22.2 kg. Was a moron all week and never got round to LH. I suck. Next week i'll try to fix that. Today I lifted 26.2 kg in IM Hub with RH (PR. Obviously I expect new PR on Max Attempts Day.