Reinard's Grip Training

daniel reinard

Lastly, lately there's been sufficient research to show that rolling a golf ball under the entire area of the foot releases the fascia from

your achilles all the to the top of your head!

FWIW I roll a lacrosse ball under my feet every now and then and so far it's been the most helpful thing to ease my chronic neck pain.

Hope you're training's going well Daniel.

Very cool, Kevin. Do you have a link to info on this?

I would be interested in the link to the research you mentioned on rolling the foot fascia Joe. That sounds cool.

I found a link to the research article in Thomas Myers book, Anatomy Trains. This book is a real eye opener in itself!

I can look up the exact article for you if you don't have this book. Very worthwhile read!

Edited by Mighty Joe

Deadlifts on the pipe axle. My favorite workout.

sumo

110 2x6 DO

160 2x6 DO

200 2x6 DO, mixed

250 1 DO, 1x3 mixed

295 1 DO, 1x3 mixed

344 1 DO. added belt here

354 1x2 DO very slow and controlled touch and go reps with a hold at the top. 1 year ago this was a contest PR. Now I can do it for reps and working sets.

354 1 DO with 5 second hold at top

354 1 mixed

389 1 mxied

409 1 mixed

438 1 mixed

conv stance, no belt

315 3x1 wide grip DO, some holds at top. Really tough to grab the bar wide and after previous lifts.

315 3x3 mixed grip.

200 3x10 second hold snatch grip/stance DO. Last week 200 hurt to hold at the top (LH wrist). Now I feel stronger and am holding for a chill 10 count. Snatch grip axle pulls are guaranteed to emasculate. I'm loving the wide grip challenges.

hammer wrist tool levered dynamically in all directions.

I didn't have any wrist pain today. Only slight discomfort on occasion. It's feeling better daily. These wrist levers are def helping. Will do each workout and microload weekly as planned.

• Like 1

Thanks for the generous reply Daniel! :D

I have an idea now what your 1RM is on axle DL's ;)

I know you're going to try the golf ball massage on the bottom of the feet! :tongue Let us know how it goes!

You'll like it!!!

Why not video your squat or deadlift form? Would love to see you in action!!!

Go Get Em!!!

quite a nice massage roller. i'm sure it will get alot of milage. been keeping my eyes open for 2 years and finally saw one for sale.

Mine says Massage Power Rollers by Body Secrets. Website www.mydfx.com

Hmmm, seems like something I could put in the store. :)

quite a nice massage roller. i'm sure it will get alot of milage. been keeping my eyes open for 2 years and finally saw one for sale.

best little recovery gadget I've ever used. I've had elbow knots for months that I can't keep away for more than a day. This guy easily did the trick. So easy to use whenever too that I'll not forget to use it.

best little recovery gadget I've ever used. I've had elbow knots for months that I can't keep away for more than a day. This guy easily did the trick. So easy to use whenever too that I'll not forget to use it.

Better than REST? LOL!

Rest seems like something you're immune to Daniel! LOL!

Joe, back off some. This is Daniel's training log for posting his workouts.

Okay. :)

I'm confused. are you using the powerball as a massager? or, are you using it for a blood flow tool?

I'm confused. are you using the powerball as a massager? or, are you using it for a blood flow tool?

it's that ball massager thing in the picture. massager. I've had knots around the elbow that this thing finally set free. sometimes I get a little vigerous with it but i'm mostly just trying to rub out tightness.

Edited by daniel reinard

Took yesterday off, just was too run down to lift or do 2Hp. Doing 2hp the day after a big axle workout is rough stuff. Lol today was a rest day so I did something today instead. Did some randomness and liked it.

Everything in rotations together.

Pull-ups 5x5

Wrist hammer tool dynamic levers in all directions. Feels better each workout.

Barbell curls. Nothing fancy just a lot of sets of 5 and 10. Working sets were 85# then I did dropsets all the way back down.

Tested front sledge dead lifts now that we are considering it.

10# sledge measured from the head to the heel of the hand. Lifted to a 18" platform with a dime on the head.

RH up to 20".

LH up to 19". Didn't go for 20 because this exact lift kills my injured wrist. It didn't hurt until the 19" so that is really good. This a pretty safe lift IMO if my busted wrist can do it. BTW this lift is perfect for DO benders. It mimics the wrist lock strength in a DO bend.

Edited by daniel reinard
  • Like 1

I wanted to man up and apologize to Daniel for causing trouble on his training log and his grip contest thread!

My apologies to the mods as well as what I did throws the GB in a negative light and I love the GB too much

to cause any problems whatsoever! I often times don't think before I speak and it bites me everytime!

The problem between me and Daniel started with the JK thread and I hate this but I would like to get along with Daniel

because he's part of the grip family here and he does bring a lot to the table.

If Daniel would accept my apologies I can assure him it won't happen again. If he doesn't I can't say I can blame him.

I wish you well Daniel! :)

Sorry man!!!

Mighty Joe

• Like 1

Thanks Joe. No need to talk to Sorin for me. When I'm ready I'm sure he'll find me. He's always on the lookout.

Tonight's workout was cut way short. The timing of things didn't work out so I was left with only the first third of a workout.

Squats, axle, knee sleeves, no belt focus.

110 2x6

160 2x6

200 2x3

250 2x1

270 1

295 1

315 1

344 1

359 1 big belt less PR. Was easy too. Still sub max. Also glad the rib is 100% now.

Grippers, MMS

LH

Up to #2 then did a #1 for 3x10 . Hand still needs recovery work.

RH

Up to a filed #2.5 for 3x3.

Again, I wish I got more work done this workout. Sometimes time is the biggest obstacle.

359 belt less squat. Can do a lot more. Next time.

• Like 2

That squat looked easy! Nice Dan.

Thanks. It was def sub max. I wish I didn't literally have to run out the house after that squat. I honestly felt like both more beltless and belted squat PRs were in the cards.

Thanks guys. Was a bummer to have to split but was nice to nail that beltless PR cleanly. Leaves me hungry I guess for the next one. The goal has been a 400 beltless. David Wigren and I are in a race. He posted a vid earlier in the day so I went for it too. Been a while since I pushed it since the rib thing.

Bench and 2HP day. Feeling strong today too. Got a second wind going or something.

Bench, axle.

110 2x6

130 2x6

150 1x6

160 1x3

170 1

180 1

190 1

200 1

210 1

220 1

232 1 been a long time since I went "heavy" so was nice to still "have it".

200 1

170 1x7

Wrist hammer tool all directions dynamic. Still liking this.

2HP 58mm

102 1x4

122 1x3

132 1

152 1

172 1

192 1

202 miss

172 10x1

pretty strong 2HP workout for me. Last heavy workout up until the cactus comp. Will just be reps and speed work until then.

• Like 1

Realized tomorrow I'll be busy so I took the rest day today and made it a axle deadlift workout.

deads, axle, conv stance

110 2x6 DO

200 2x6 DO

250 1 DO, 1x3 mixed

290 1 DO, 1x3 mixed

312 1 DO

322 1 DO

332 1 DO

344 1 DO. Tied conv stance axle PR.

364 1 mixed

389 1 mixed

409 1 mixed

429 1 mixed, belt added for rest of workout.

448 1 mixed

467 1 mixed. Def a conv axle PR. I doubt I've ever done more than 440.

okie bar

405 5x1 DO grip

Strong workout. This week has been a huge surprise strength wise. I'll be sub max now all thru until the comp. I felt so good today I had to stack on some more weight.

Edited by daniel reinard
  • Like 2

Very impressive squatting and deadlifting!

You are not that far off 500lbs on the axle deadlift especially with how easy that looked. The world record for your weight class on the axle DO is 382 which you are not far off of as well, very impressive.

Get it Dan! Can't wait to see your numbers in a few weeks!