Reinard's Grip Training

daniel reinard

Damn man, looking good on the lifts! I'm gonna have to start putting in some overtime to catch up with you haha.

Very impressive squatting and deadlifting!

You are not that far off 500lbs on the axle deadlift especially with how easy that looked. The world record for your weight class on the axle DO is 382 which you are not far off of as well, very impressive.

Thanks man. I have pulled 495 sumo on my pipe axle but now I'm focused on bringing up my conv stance pulls. And I have pulled 373 DO grip recently. 400 has been the goal for a long time. Axle grip takes time.

Get it Dan! Can't wait to see your numbers in a few weeks!

Looking forward to it. Haven't trained vbar at all in months. And my grippers are sucking since I spent all my time working CCS. Hoping things will click good at the comp.

Damn man, looking good on the lifts! I'm gonna have to start putting in some overtime to catch up with you haha.

Thanks. I love axle deadlifts. They feel so awesome. The hardest part for me is off the floor so this hits it perfectly. I always come back to a barbell with a PR after alot of axle work. I normally pull around 40# more on a barbell.

Sick again. Man, I've never been so sick in my life. Normally it's just one day of the year. Third time now in recent months. I'll push today's workout off until Thursday and fit it in there. This close to the comp I'll take the rest over the workout. Not much in strength gains to be had anyways in such a short period. I was just going to focus on CNS from now to the comp. Gotta get the body firing on all cylinders!

1) Neti Pot- It's gross, but it helps. Alot.

2) Chinese Hot Pot- go to a legit Chinese place, get a chicken hot pot, and load It up with as much of that lethal red chili paste as you can stand. Everytime I get sick, I do that right away and nuke the sickness right out of me.

3) Hot Toddy. Drink enough, and you won't care anyway :)

Hope you get better soon man! Being sick suckssss.

Sick again. Man, I've never been so sick in my life. Normally it's just one day of the year. Third time now in recent months. I'll push today's workout off until Thursday and fit it in there. This close to the comp I'll take the rest over the workout. Not much in strength gains to be had anyways in such a short period. I was just going to focus on CNS from now to the comp. Gotta get the body firing on all cylinders!

Must be something going around right now since I just got over this as well and a lot of people I know have been getting sick. You have a lot of time before the AZ contest at least so you should be good. How many days off do you take before a contest generally?

I would love to get one of those massagers those.... I get elbow pain frequently and it would probably help

Dang iPhone typos..........

I've been seeing those massagers at big5, sports chalet and sports authority. I love mine. I haven't had elbow pain since and i'm never sore in the muscles for more than a day. Works great to keep the arms fresh.

How many days off do you take before a contest generally?

Normally a whole week. I won't do grip but i'll do light weights and mostly BW cardio type exercising. I try to keep the blood moving so I am fired up, loose, and fresh come comp day. This is why most my PRs are in a contest.

1) Neti Pot- It's gross, but it helps. Alot.

2) Chinese Hot Pot- go to a legit Chinese place, get a chicken hot pot, and load It up with as much of that lethal red chili paste as you can stand. Everytime I get sick, I do that right away and nuke the sickness right out of me.

3) Hot Toddy. Drink enough, and you won't care anyway :)

Hope you get better soon man! Being sick suckssss.

I hate tea but do hot stuff sometimes. I tried it last time and it didn't work. Just been bombarded by viruses lately from the family.

Took 3 days off but spent it working crazy shifts while being sick. Got back to it today but can tell I was not at full strength. Still got in what I wanted today tho.

squats, axle, knee sleeves, no belt

110 2x6

160 2x6

200 2x3 paused

250 1x3 paused

275 6x3 paused felt good. will increase paused days to 295

hammer wrist lever tool, just real light today. will probably end up heavy on sledges on Sunday.

2" vbar LH only

260 for working singles. haven't trained this in ages. LH was hurting. A little worried the strong vbar hand won't go as heavy as i want and i'll have to use a tired Rh from grippers in the comp.

grippers MMS RH only

3 (145) 1

MM2 1 just got in the mail today from a GB member. not sure what it rates. felt normal-ish

3.5 (179) silver bullit hold once for a count to 16. didn't use a timer so not sure if legit 16 seconds.

filed 2.5 3x10 sec overcrushes.

Had a good random workout today with Stephen and his sister. Just fiddled with everything.

Hit up axle deadlifts and got to 340ish conv stance.

Fiddled with the inch db. Got some small hops.

2HP 58mm

up to 202 attempts. 3 misses.

RT

192ish floats

Random blobs

10# front sledge loads

RH had 3 narrow misses at 22"

LH got 20" twice.

Getting stronger each week at front lifts.

did holds at 18". This is tough.

Was fun to mess around today without a plan. I like those days. Stephen is gonna be a beast at the comp. His reverse strength is wicked.

getting some training time with someone who is near to or exceeds your level of strength is so invaluable... i've been lucky enough to train with a number of top guys in ohio now and i've probably learned more from tossing ideas back and forth in a couple training sessions than the last year and a half training on my own

i'm looking forward to seeing some PRs at this comp dude! :rock

• Like 2

Thanks dude. Noob gains are coming but I'm being cautious of overtraining this lift. It seems really easy to overtrain it. So far I'm happy doing it to max effort once a week. Going for a PR 2-3 times then dropping down a couple inches to do ~10 second holds for 2 sets seems to fry the hell out of that muscle. I do prehab wrist work all week long so this is enough for me. Each time I've tried it I get a little PR. Like I said, I'm hitting it about as hard as I can without getting overtrained.

On a good note I don't see how one could injury themselves seriously on this lift unless plain negligence is had. When the wrist breaks I drop the sledge. And if keep the elbow healthy I see steady gains until the comp.

Nice work man, I think the sledge event is going to be very competitive.

Just got home spent some time in San Francisco after the training session and just finished some work at the library.

We both really appreciated that you took the time out of your day to help us out. The workout was random but we both learned a ton, you had so much knowledge it was really a pleasure to learn so much. Thanks for being patient with us it was fun to try out all the equipment you had, and we were both extremely impressed with your set up and the equipment you made. It was also very humbling to see daniel play with a blob as a toy with no warm up when I tore a chunk of skin off my thumb on my first attempt and I couldn't even budge it. He is easily p4p the strongest person I have met.

I got a long ways to go and I'm extra motivated now for this contest though

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 2

Cheers bro. It was great to have you two there! I learned things as well. It's so nice to throw out new ideas and bounce them off eachother to really test them out. You two will do well at the comp with a good training plan leading up to it. Just a month and a half to go of hard work and the big numbers will be there.

Btw my wrists and back of the whole forearms are fairly sore today. Must have did something right. Probably was the Inch and sledge work.

Well today was interesting. During warmups of bench press I somehow managed to tweak my neck good. So I quit and hit the chiro asap. The workout was gonna be garbage anyways, I could tell. Was super weak. I think yesterday took more out of me than I suspected and I'm not 100% from being sick. My neck is still jacked but it'll get better. With all this crap going on I'm dropping all weight training until after the comp. I may do one last grip workout before Friday and that's it. I'm just going to focus on recovery right now.

bench, axle

up to 180. still warmups.

wrist hammer tool all directions

did 10# rear sledge deadlifts with each set a 5 sec hold, both hands.

10", 12, 14, 16, 18" all measured from heel of hand. Not crazy hard but enough to test it and get in a little work.

That stinks. I hope its nothing serious. I'm sure you will be back to full strength soon to kick ass and take names at the comp.

Edited by Chez

That stinks. I hope its nothing serious. I'm sure you will be back to full strength soon to kick ass and take names at the comp.

Right now it seems aweful. My neck is jacked. I'm hoping tomorrow it loosens up.

Sounds like rest will be the best thing for you right now for sure. Hope the neck is nothing serious because that sounds really scary, what did the chiro say about the injury? Your left wrist looked like it was bothering you during are workout also so the rest might help with that injury as well. I've injured my neck before and I know how painful it can be feels like any movement you do causes pain, lots of ice and rest will help though and I'm sure your chiro probably has good advice for you also. The rest if anything will help you get over your cold quicker and help with the mental fatigue from all the heavy training you have done over the last few weeks. Sometimes your body just gives you signs when it needs rest so hopefully this is one of those cases and your ready to pr for your contest with some time off.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Thanks guys. Just going to be healing until the comp.

Right now it seems aweful. My neck is jacked. I'm hoping tomorrow it loosens up.

Sorry to hear you've been sick, and now the neck thing. Get well. I got my butt kicked by a virus a couple weeks ago, and I'm just now back to where I was about a month ago. Not ideal, but it did give me time to let the forearm tendinitis heal.

Sounds like everyone has been plagued lately, either sickness or injuries, or both.