Reinard's Grip Training

daniel reinard

That's a big bar. Good stepping stone to the BB!

Yeah, I'm very happy to have rated 505 and 515 21/64" bars. It's not quite R bars but it's darn close. I wanted to hit it in BB wraps because I thought I could cert it with those. May have been right. Decided that's not the goal and to stick to IMP work. The tricky part to the BB is the qualifier bend. That's harder than the BB. Will probably need to be in 540s to get the qualifier. 40# is a big jump.

Keep at it man... What you are doing is obviously working, and its impressive to see.

For me bigger wraps only really help in the kink & sweep. The Battlebar killer is the crush right, so you could kink in BB wraps (making you stronger) and crush in IMPs. Maybe I just like to kill bars I'm not ready for :)

Keep at it man... What you are doing is obviously working, and its impressive to see.

For me bigger wraps only really help in the kink & sweep. The Battlebar killer is the crush right, so you could kink in BB wraps (making you stronger) and crush in IMPs. Maybe I just like to kill bars I'm not ready for :)

Yes. the crush is unusually tough for a 500ish bar. That's why I'm getting more 304ss and will finish off these shinies. Tough crushes.

Did tomorrows workout today.

Bench, axle

110 3x6

130 2x6

160 2x6

180 4x6 form sucks. I've given up on that. Just gonna worry about progression.

2HP (rounded weights down a few pounds to make life easier)

All lifts to full lockout

100 1

110 1

120 1

130 1

140 1

150 1

160 1

170 1

180 1

190 miss, dropped halfway.

170 5x1 slow lifts to lockout. Getting some time under tension.

Had a good workout today. Clay came out. Learned some great stuff and found some motivation to try a 6" red.

Axle deads, conv stance

DO grip up to 345. Dropped on first try. Got it solid second try. Learned a new grip. Prob a conv DO axle PR.

385 for sets of 3.

455 2x1 w/ belt

465 stopped there. Might be a conv stance PR with axle.

2HP

Farted around with this. Did some singles up to 175 2x1

Grippers.

up to L7 rh mms, miss LH.

Tried some random stuff.

2.5 working mms reps 2x10 RH, LH 1x4, 1x7

Bending

7"x1/4" warmup

6" red in IMPs no bands. Wasn't bad. Will try a 5.5" next time.

A little bit of everything today. Was fun. Learned stuff which is always nice.

Edited by daniel reinard
  • Like 2

dude... 465 on the axle?!?!

Yeah that is a ridiculous pull on the regular deadlift considering your bodyweight let alone the axle. Your approaching a 2.5x bodyweight deadlift on the axle which is quite impressive.

Made that red bend look too easy also you finished it in 20 sec but looked finished after about 10 sec if not less.

Yeah it was a mixed grip pull on the axle. I had some more in the tank but was happy to take home a couple 455 pulls, and a 465. Makes me want to pull on the okie bar. I can do about 40# more on a barbell than an axle.

Will try a 5.5" red next time I bend. That 6" wasn't all that tough.

dude... 465 on the axle?!?!

Sumo stance i've done 495 mixed grip. Whenever my deadlift progress stalls I go to alot of axle work. That always breaks me over any hump.

Was sick as hell yesterday and felt it coming the day before, so just had two days off. Still fill like dog poop today but I really wanted to workout.

squats, axle, no gear. Had to resist the urge to puke the whole workout. yup, still sick today.

110 2x10

160 2x6

200 1x6

250 3x6 wanted 6x6 but felt sick and light headed. rib is doing good as I keep adding weight. will try even more weight next week.

bending, IMPs, DO

7"x1/4" , kinked G5 and 60d, warmup stuff

5.5" red. jacked my hand up going for the crush too soon, around 80 degrees. heard alot of pops and cracks in my left palm, then immediate swelling. hurts like hell to do anything with it. swept the bar some more to 88 degrees and couldn't crush it due to the injury. stopped there. crap.

505# 7"x21/64" O-1, was 18 degrees, moved to 98 degrees in 6 hits. still wanted to hit steel and could still kink and sweep with a modified grip. had to stop there since it was the crush zone. man, i should have started with this bar. may have been able to kill it in this 2nd session. feeling very strong on bending despite so many issues today.

lots of hand healing now. darnit. so many injuries. foot tear heals then get a rib tear, then that is feeling good, hand injury. come-on!

• Like 1

505# bar that is my goal bar at the moment. 7"x21/64" O-1. First session 4 hits to 18 degrees. Today 6 hits to 98 degrees. Next session, when the hand heals, I crush it down. Then I'll try to cert it on the BB.

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg77/mustangmandan/?action=view&current=photobucket-60405-1359687218319_zps83dc3cfe.jpg&evt=user_media_share

hope you heal up quick buddy.

thanks Chez. It's feeling alot better with each day.

Today did just axle bench. Felt super weak all over, still sick. Also wanted not to kill the hand today. Left 2HP out today.

bench, axle

110 3x10

130 2x10

140 1x10

150 3x10

lots of slow reps, hand was hurting and body was weak anyways. just repped it out for a pump.

will take tomorrow off, off day anyways. Then will see how it does for deadlifts on Monday. Hoping to do axle pulls but may have to settle for okie bar, if I'm feeling good enough.

Feeling like I'm finally over the sickness. Was probably a mild flu that has been going around. Also popped something back into place in the hand last night. I pushed on the back of the hand and got a pop. Feels alot better, no swelling. Looking forward to a hard deadlift workout tomorrow assuming the left hand can hold the bar.

• Like 2

Feeling like I'm finally over the sickness. Was probably a mild flu that has been going around. Also popped something back into place in the hand last night. I pushed on the back of the hand and got a pop. Feels alot better, no swelling. Looking forward to a hard deadlift workout tomorrow assuming the left hand can hold the bar.

glad to hear that.. you're unstoppable man

Haha thanks guys. I try. Wish I could stay injury free for a whole month. It's tough always working around something stupid.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Now go destroy some steel and "lift things up and put them down."

• Like 1

Haha, will do Chez!

Deadlifts today, feeling out the recovery and hand.

deads, okie bar, conv, beltless, DO grip

135 3x6

225 2x6

315 3x1

365 2x1

414 1

335+105 bands 1 belt

355+105 miss

315+80 5x1

Nothing special. Still a little low on energy. Getting work done.

Just something easy after a long day.

3x10 wide grip pullups

3x20 pushups

• Like 2

I need a new set up for pull-ups. Going to order something tomorrow that I can screw into the floor joists and work at being great at them.

• Like 1

Just something easy after a long day. 3x10 wide grip pullups 3x20 pushups

can't be a bad ass everyday bro :rock

Having a good setup helps. Pullups can get hard or easy depending on that. I love my hangboard for them. Feels natural. Been doing them on the power rack lately though so I can work wide grip. Going to work on variations of them.

Just something easy after a long day. 3x10 wide grip pullups 3x20 pushups

can't be a bad ass everyday bro :rock

haha we try though.