Reinard's Grip Training

daniel reinard

Good Luck dude. Kill it!

• Like 1

Good luck on the certs...kill each one so they never forget who you are.

• Like 1

Thanks again guys. Had a good day yesterday. :)

Going to go again to see the grip comp today.

• Like 1

Congrats on your double cert! Just saw it's official now! Awesome accomplishment!

What he said! Woot!

Congratulations on the certs Daniel!!!!

That red nail close was super quick!!!

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

Thanks bro!

New training schedule will start next week. Winging it this week.

Monday: deads, axle focus

Tuesday: BW work, 2HP

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Squats, grippers

Friday: cardio, prehab/rehab, misc

Saturday: Bench, 2HP

Sunday: Off

• Like 1

Easy week.

Deads, okie bar, conv stance, DO grip

135 3x6

225 2x3

275 5x3

Wide grip pullups

3x10

Wide grip pushups

3x30

Great work on your certs, did they charge you for the gripper or nail. Yu think they would be giving them away all weekend

Thanks Parrisl IM doesn't charge for the certs, gripper or nails. Only me and Mike (3.5) certed at that expo. Randall also opened up a brand new #2, hub, RT and #3 for the CTD and bullitt hold.

Now I did let someone else try to cert my gripper. He couldn't do it. I also offered randall to keep it for other certs but I think he wouod rather have them come out of the package in front of the person to stick with the rules and legitness of the certs.

Edited by daniel reinard

Cut up 40+ bars last night, all to 7". Had a bunch of misc stock so just decided to declutter and get them all ready for bending.

• Like 1

Cut up 40+ bars last night, all to 7". Had a bunch of misc stock so just decided to declutter and get them all ready for bending.

I support this endeavor fully :rock

I support this endeavor fully :rock

was like meditation.

I plan to burn through the bastard and lower stocks first. Get my groove back. Then will try and kill one piece at a time up the chain of drill rod. Worth a mental note while cutting the bars...cutting my 5/16" O1 was a bitch. Was hard as all hell, tore up several blades! The R bar was waaay easier to cut. This is the only stock that scares me right now.

My friend cut up some mystery steel for me that they got from home depot, bends at about 350# but he said it was way scarier to cut then all the 01 he's done for me.

squats, axle, no gear/belt

110 2x6

160 2x6

200 6x6 still ramping up intensity from rib tear. feels only stiff now, no pain.

bending, 7" IMPs

1/4" CRS

5/16" HRS steelworks

505# 21/64" 3 hits to 18 degrees. 1 more hit got nothing. A few more degrees and I might have been able to get down to the crush zone. This bar hurt ALOT!

485# shiney bastard @ 110degrees. 6 hits took to 138degrees. changes to gripper crush grip 6 hits to under 2". Darn tough bar but got it in 2 sessions.

505# 21/64" 3 hits to 18 degrees. 1 more hit got nothing. A few more degrees and I might have been able to get down to the crush zone. This bar hurt ALOT!

485# shiney bastard @ 110degrees. 6 hits took to 138degrees. changes to gripper crush grip 6 hits to under 2". Darn tough bar but got it in 2 sessions.

how far out can you crush a bar?!!

what changed about the gripper crush? i'm still experimenting with position. sometimes it feels perfect, others, super awkward.

how far out can you crush a bar?!!

what changed about the gripper crush? i'm still experimenting with position. sometimes it feels perfect, others, super awkward.

well I think I did two small hits from 110 to 115-120 then had to do the interlocked finger crush. At 138 degrees (~3.1") I could get a gripper crush grip on the bar and finish it. Nothing changed about that style of crush, just that I had to switch from interlocked fingers to a gripper crush. I'm really trying to improve my interlocked crush.

Now that I know where I am on the kink and crush I'll try to try those without maxing out much. Gonna burn through all my 5/16" HRS and CRS and finish off stuck drill rods for crush work. Should be a couple weeks worth of work, then will try to finish that 505 bar. Still happy to put that big a wobble in it.