Reinard's Grip Training

daniel reinard

Hey Daniel, Good work here man!

One suggestion for your neck is to visit a good massage therapist and have them work on

the scalenes in your neck! I'm almost positive they'll have trigger points (knots) galore! You can work

these out yourself with a knobber2 if you have one. These muscles are behind the sternocleidomastoid

on the side of your neck.

PM me if you'd like and I can give you more detailed info.

Be cautious on the sledge stuff too. It can slip up (accumulative trauma) on you before you know it. ;)

Take care Daniel!

ok

Sounds like everyone has been plagued lately, either sickness or injuries, or both.

Daniel last two months threw me back a LOT with myself and the family getting sick again and again. Finally spring is kicking in. We need the sun over here.

Besides that, last few weeks I've been getting pain in my shoulder and some irritation in the lower arms....So I definitely hear ya. Your bigger problem is the coming competition of course. Hope you heal up on time, you've worked hard for that. Your body has enough strength to compensate a small restperiod I know for sure!

Thanks Geralt. Hope your niggles go away soon. Yeah, just alot of the flu this year. My kid has had like a dozen colds/flu this winter. Crazy. Not going to get crazy good numbers at the comp due to the timing of the IM certs, flus/injuries,etc but I mainly just go there to see family and friends so it's all good. If I get one PR then i'll be stoked. Chiro again today and the normal pre contest massage on friday. Then the March 14th holiday before we head over to AZ. Hoping all that has me fresh as can be.

Edited by daniel reinard
  • Like 1

A really light little bit of everything yesterday. Feeling good enough to do stuff. Knocking cobwebs off before it's too late.

• Like 1

Uber light axle deads today. Getting the body moving. Feeling good. Inner fire is lit.

• Like 1

Just some light squats, easy sets up to 250. Just something. Did 100+ flights of stairs today so already got a workout in. Will do some BW stuff tomorrow and call it good.

• Like 2

I know you are recovering, and I don't want to add any pressure. But I just squat 175 kg. Just another 6 kg before I reach the 400 lb mark :shuriken:

Nice David! You're making a quick climb! I've been so sick and injured lately, and it's caused more fat than muscle to come on. I've been thinking of doing a fat cut after this comp. I think it will be good for me to mix things up and get a full recovery.

Nice David! You're making a quick climb! I've been so sick and injured lately, and it's caused more fat than muscle to come on. I've been thinking of doing a fat cut after this comp. I think it will be good for me to mix things up and get a full recovery.

You'll be back on top soon enough. Cutting fat is a pain in the butt, but often necessary unless you plan on walking around with alot of dead weight. While cutting, unless you're superman, you'll see all the numbers go down. Just like I saw all my numbers go down when I cut last summer. However when you add the body weight back on, you increase alot faster. Since September I've been slowly adding body weight, and that's really helping all the lifting, and bending. I'm up to 94 kg now. I'll probably continue adding BW for a year until I hit around 105 kg and then cut back down again.

I figured as much. Was gonna do the cut after nationals in june but I think I can slip it in before nationals and be back to strength by then.

I think it's pretty funny thinking about you two cutting. "5# aaaaand done!" Hahaha!

• Like 5

Hahaha! Well it's tough when the fat % is low and you want it lower.

• Like 1

Carb Back Loading Dan!

I'd like to but i don't think it'll work with my rotating shift work schedule.

I will probably take a break for a few weeks for a couple reasons. The main one is it is the craziest time of year at work with the most manual labor. I'll be too pooped to do much. Also i've got some chest infection that needs to be resolved. I will probably dabble in stuff to keep the groove but nothing real serious. The only thing I want to see if I can still train while work is crazy is the Inch dumbbell. I've never solidly trained it since I got it. I think it'll be a good change from other thickbar. At Aaron's comp when we were done we got the inch out and I got some decent air on it. It's time to seal the deal on that feat. I've thought up 2 style workouts for it I want to do each week. Both are quick and effective methods. One is a reverse band deload and one is a shortened ROM lift.

• Like 1

I just noticed that was a body weight lift. 96kg @ 96kg. Awesome!

Huge lift man didn't look very hard for you also. I am sure you will break that contest pr this year.

Working the inch will probably have huge carryover to thickbar in general and the rolling thunder. Your inch is probably harder then most so if you can master that you probably wont have much difficulty with any other inch.

Are you considering another meet up in preparation for your contest on 4/20? Maybe sometime after you have healed up and rested up.

I just noticed that was a body weight lift. 96kg @ 96kg. Awesome!

Thanks. Yeah I was doing 205 at a BW of 180. I bulked up and haven't pulled much more on it. There goes that myth of 2HP being BW dependant, but I think Kody Burns put it to rest first.

Huge lift man didn't look very hard for you also. I am sure you will break that contest pr this year.

Working the inch will probably have huge carryover to thickbar in general and the rolling thunder. Your inch is probably harder then most so if you can master that you probably wont have much difficulty with any other inch.

Are you considering another meet up in preparation for your contest on 4/20? Maybe sometime after you have healed up and rested up.

Thanks man. It was a near max lift. 5# more would have been very iffy. The 90+ heat and being outside made it harder to lift than I have ever experienced.

With so much going on the next month i'm not sure i'll be able to meet for a training day. I think Kevin and Brett are trying to do one though.

Yeah i'm interested how much the Inch will carryover to RT and axle. Mine is alot harder than Aarons due to that handle and all the new paint. If I can lift mine most others will feel easier. I'm ok with that.

I think you've just pudged up your mitts so they're slowing you down now :D