daniel reinard

Incline bench, axle

70 2x6

90 1x6

100 1x6

110 1x6

120 1x6

130 1x6

135 1x6, 1x5, 1x6, 1x4. I added 5# to my working set and will build the reps back up to 5x6 then add another 5#. It's been going up each workout.

Axle bicep curls.

Wrist hammer tool. Up to 2.6# and it feels good.

Two of the 4 events were experiments.

It's pretty cool you did RT and sledge DL as event, hopefully these events catch on

Two of the 4 events were experiments.

It's pretty cool you did RT and sledge DL as event, hopefully these events catch on

Both events were an idea to speed things up in a contest, make it easier for a non-grip and non-lifter, and to also just be a change of pace. I think they were a success. People seemed to get into the sledge event the most too which is cool.

Deadlifts, sumo, okie bar, mixed grip

135 2x6

225 2x3

315 2x3

365 2x1

414 1 added belt

444 1

463 1 added 9" blocks

513 1

543 1

414 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 1x5 belt, no blocks.

Still getting my groove back on deadlifts. My stance was too narrow for most the day but during the 414 rep sets I got the stance back and started to get the groove again.

Was a plain tough workout. Lifting between 12 hour graves is really hard. I'm low on energy, sleep and food. Today I was light headed through most the workout. Def had to power through it.

Daniel-

Have you tried the supplement ZMA? Recovery and restful sleep is what it's for... Been taking it for 3 weeks and all my workouts are better every time. I think you'll recover much better using it.

I use to work 12 hour gave shifts in a warehouse for a bit and its hell. I think he has rotating shifts also which is the absolute worst. It negatively affected my lifting for sure. I really only could lift decently when I was not working. I felt the best was just to eat more but I think he is dieting still which probably makes it even harder. I have just recently been taking melatonin which helps me sleep in general and I feel has helped with energy levels.

http://www.swolept.com/posts/mastering-melatonin-more-energy-fatloss-and-muscle-gain

Pretty cool article on the benefits of melatonin that convinced me to try it out. Its dirt cheap also which doesn't hurt.

Really strong lifting off the blocks you are fast off the floor in general so I think those will be the perfect accessory exercise for you. You could probably hit 3x bw off the blocks in no time which is absurd.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Melatonin has helped me a lot, as someone who, for years, thought it was totally normal to be waking up 5 or 6 times a night. Since I started using it, I'm much better rested.

• Like 1

Melatonin has helped me a lot, as someone who, for years, thought it was totally normal to be waking up 5 or 6 times a night. Since I started using it, I'm much better rested.

that's what I do, wake up all night for years now. Ill be working 3p to 3a with my new shift, can't wait to see what that will do to me.

that's what I do, wake up all night for years now. Ill be working 3p to 3a with my new shift, can't wait to see what that will do to me.

Yikes. Good luck.

I'll check out that stuff, thanks guys. I just can't take sleep aids though. The low sleep is just due to 12 hour shift work and family life. I sleep fine when I do get sleep. I just wish there was more time in the day.

Yeah. The day really needs to be about 32 hours.

Definitely more anabolic that way.

Last night after a 12 hour shift. Was up at 4:30am and was 95 degrees at work. Can I just get a squat day on a day off!?

Squats, axle, knee sleeves

110 2x6

160 1x6, 1x3

200 1x3

270 1

295 1

315 1 added belt

344 1

364 1

383.55 1

394.58 miss. I thought I had a decent PR in me. I may have blown my wad on the 383 and I also went down in the whole too fast. Then it didn't feel good on the hips so I didn't have another go like normal.

wide stance squats, toes bar to bar in the rack.

200 1x3

250 2x3 still getting comfortable with these. I'll go heavier next workout. Just easing into the wide stance.

Grippers, all 20mm and any reps are full reset reps where I let go of the gripper and pretended it was my first rep. Form practice was the focus.

T 2x1

1 1

1.5 1

2 1

2.5 1

2.5 3x2 reset reps and on very last rep of last set overcrushed for 10 seconds

gripper set practice. man i lost strength on this from not going deep and doing those CCS workout.

RH

3 1

RB330 2. I used to be able to set this deep but I couldn't get it into proper position this workout. Needless to say it was a good fight.

LH

3 3. Even LH is having a hard time with a 3. CCS work just plain sucks.

You missed 383 on your last squat workout so that is progress, given your workload right now I"d say its very good progress. Anytime your hitting that close to you pr is a good workout. Being in the heat that long with lack of sleep will drain you big time so I wouldn't be surprised if you have over 400 in you right now-that would be a 2x bw squat which is huge-

Have you tried using compression shorts/underwear when you squat? I feel it helps a little bit with my hips even if it might be placebo.

I would hold out hope that you might even adapt to the point where you prefer working out after your long work shift. I've worked twelve hour night shifts since the mid 1990s and my body (grip included) is most primed and ready to lift after work. I require very little in the way of warmups after a shift, almost none on grippers, for example. Nice lifting, regardless, though, Daniel. And yeah, I've had that exclusive CCS or TNS training bite in me in the butt when I went to set a heavier gripper. Man, everything is so event specific.

You missed 383 on your last squat workout so that is progress, given your workload right now I"d say its very good progress. Anytime your hitting that close to you pr is a good workout. Being in the heat that long with lack of sleep will drain you big time so I wouldn't be surprised if you have over 400 in you right now-that would be a 2x bw squat which is huge-

Have you tried using compression shorts/underwear when you squat? I feel it helps a little bit with my hips even if it might be placebo.

It's coming along ok. The best thing I've done to cause a nice shift in getting gains back on PL lifts was to ditch the workout routine and just wing all my workouts like I used to. I just squat when I want and the same for everything else. Gives me more time to recover and allows for a more maximal workout which works well for me, and always has.

I haven't tried comp shorts. I used to have really tight hips then I recently found out it was the IT bands. Once I started rolling those my flexibility went up. That 394 was just too fast and it jammed me up at the bottom. Didn't feel good. Otherwise I would have tried it again.

I would hold out hope that you might even adapt to the point where you prefer working out after your long work shift. I've worked twelve hour night shifts since the mid 1990s and my body (grip included) is most primed and ready to lift after work. I require very little in the way of warmups after a shift, almost none on grippers, for example. Nice lifting, regardless, though, Daniel. And yeah, I've had that exclusive CCS or TNS training bite in me in the butt when I went to set a heavier gripper. Man, everything is so event specific.

I agree. My schedule went to the 12s almost a year ago and it's been quite the adjustment. I'm just now to the point where PL lifts are back to where they were. Grip was hardly affected and I experienced the "shift warmup" as well. When I recieved my first blob I got home, opened the box and started lifting it. And yeah, training for all these specific events is taxing and tedious. My certs in January then comps in March, April and June...it's alot. Good thing is I did them all for fun and not competiveness so having lower than normal numbers is fine. After Nats I'll probably just do the San Jose expo fun events and then stop competing at least for 6 months. Bouncing from one comp to the other and one cert to another actually hinders training. One can't focus on certain lifts and push the gains.

Very true. Contests and certs can certainly keep ya motivated, though.

Incline bench, axle

70 2x6

90 1x6

100 1x6

110 1x6

120 1x6

130 1x6

135 5x6

Added 5# to get 135 last time but couldn't get 5x6. I got it this time. So I'll add another 5# next time to 140. Good incline progress.

2HP 58mm, all reps touch/go

103 1x3

113 1

153 1

163 1

173 1,2,3,2,2,2

2x45 wide, 10 sec ISO finisher

Grippers 20mm

#1 2x2 reset reps

About once a week I pick up a 7" 370 bar in BB wraps and I slowly lay into it DO to test my comfort level of the jacked wrist. This was the first time the bar started moving nice and controlled with no weird feeling in the wrist at all. I think I'll be able to do a DO run again after Nats but will keep it to 7" this time.

• Like 2

Nice! Getting your bend back!

• Like 1

been a whacky weekend. working like crazy so training hasn't been happening.

• 1 month later...

First time in a while I've done any training for anything. I doubt I'll be able to stay on top of my log like I used to. Just too much going on right now. I did manage for dust of the axle for working sets of 6x6. Did some hammer wrist levers and plate curls. Easy stuff.

• Like 5

First time in a while I've done any training for anything. I doubt I'll be able to stay on top of my log like I used to. Just too much going on right now. I did manage for dust of the axle for working sets of 6x6. Did some hammer wrist levers and plate curls. Easy stuff.

Good to see you training again, getting any work in is better then nothing. When things slow down and you can train more again the rest might have been some benefit for you.

• Like 1

Glad to see you're getting some time to train!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys. it's quite far and few between right now. i've just got a lot on the plate so training is knocked down on the priorority list.