160 1x6

200 2x3

250 2x1

270 2x1

290 2x1 added belt here

315 2x1

325 2x1

335 2x1, 1x1 paused at the bottom.

Squats felt good going heavy. I wanted to go alot harder but I was still testing the rib.

Grippers, MMS (LH was just up to #1. tested hand but didn't feel like pushing it hard)

RH

T 2x1

1 1

1.5 1

2 1

2.5 1

3 (153) 1

BBE (164) 2x10 sec overcrush

3 (145) 2x4 rep

Felt good to do grippers again. Got in good working sets. Didn't feel crazy strong at MMS since I haven't done it in awhile. Gonna try to train more working sets in this short cycle leading up to the March comp. I max too much. But who doesn't?

Did a hip warmup where I put a mini band around the knees and do side steps and wide forward steps. Really helped warm up the hips during squat warmups. I'll do these on deadlift warmups too. Got it from Mark Bell's youtube channel.

• Like 2

last night

bench, axle

110 2x10

130 1x6

140 1x6

150 1x6

160 1x6

170 1x70

180 1x6

185 3x6

Still testing the wrist on bench so went up slowly and stopped at 185. It hurt a little there so didn't go fo rmore weight. I'll try to keep walking the weight back up each week.

Bending, DO, BB wraps

7"x1/4" crs very very painful on the wrist. Couldn't crush it without even more pain so I stopped. The particular DO bending motion hits a deep bruise in the wrist that I didn't know was still in there. I'm going to just put off on the bending until at least after the March AZ comp. With only a month to go I just should rest it and focus on the comp lifts.

2HP, 58mm

102 1x2

122 1x2

132 1x2

142+ long red band 1

142+long orange band 1

142 3x2 paused explosive reps.

getting back on the 2HP train. trying some new stuff today. Will go real heavy next workout.

8# sledge weaver front holds (mimics DO bending)

RH worked up to 20" lift then did alot of 18" lifts and short holds.

LH really hated this. It hits a that wrist bruise just right. Will stick to RH work for now.

You should probably lay on the couch and don't touch anything until after AZ :D

Heal up man. Lots of food and sleep.

You should probably lay on the couch and don't touch anything until after AZ :D

Heal up man. Lots of food and sleep.

Haha. The wrist was buggered doing axle pulls last night but it held up still for a PR. No rest if I can help it. Lol.

Last night deadlifts and axle focus.

deadlifts, axle, sumo

110 2x6 DO

20 2x6 DO

250 3x1 DO

295 3x1 DO

315 1 DO

344 1 DO added belt here

363.5 1 DO tied all time PR set ~5 months back in a contest

373.5 1 DO 10# and was "easy"/. got a solid lockout and hold at the top.

383.5 1 DO miss at the knees with my old grip, 1 miss off the floor with a new grip i'm trying

378.4 1 DO miss old grip

mixed grip sumo pulls for deadlift work. been many months since I did sumo. felt good.

378 1

388 5x1 not too hard but been a while so taking precautions.

conv stance DO grip axle working sets

315 5x1 Left wrist didn't like the wider grip. I wanted to do holds at the top but that was where it hurt the most.

snatch DO grip axle pulls to really hit the pinky/ring fingers

200 5x1 really hurt the wrist but I got to try a snatch grip. hit the last fingers even harder. I liked. Will try to work the snatch grip weight up the most.

I'm really happy to solidly nail an axle PR when I haven't maxed on DO grip on the axle in months, actually since the last contest ~5 months ago. That means that using an axle very often and not maxing is working. Also the wider grip pulls have been working too because I haven't done sumo in a long time. I know if I can get my wide grip to increase I'll get my overall axle grip to increase. Looking forward to nailing a 400 pull some day.

• Like 1

Awesome axle PR! You'll get to 400 in short order no doubt.

I'm doing a lot of DO deadlifts with my regular bar in hopes that there's some decent carry over to the axle. My bar is a power bar from Jessup Gym....so it's 1-1/4" as opposed to just 1".

I feel even doing DO on a deadlift bar works too, so fatter will help more. Just been doing alot of conventional to hit the last 2 fingers. I'm making better sumo grip axle gains when doing everything conventional. Gonna keep doing the same. I'm back on doing alot. Of axle work so I suspect even better gains. Was doing alot of okie bar stuff for last few months since I needed to get used to the whip and I was already doing RT 2x/week.

2HP 58mm, everything was a hard squeeze, speed pull to lockout. reset reps. Worked on getting everything fired hard on the pull.

102 2x2

122 2x2

132 2x2

142 2x2

152 2x2

162 3x2

That is all. Already worn out from yesterdays axle workout and my dry skin was easily pulled off today. This will be the "easy" 2HP day anyways. The heavy day will be Saturdays.

I like your approach to axle training. Nice gains!

I like your approach to axle training. Nice gains!

Thanks bro! Gonna keep doing the same. Best part is gains are finally coming and it isn't max effort so I am free to hit all my normal lifts and grip. Me likey!

Tonight squats and grippers.

Squats, axle, knee sleeves, no belt

110 2x6

160 2x6

200 2x3 paused all reps for a couple seconds in the whole

250 2x3 paused

270 6x3 paused. Wasn't hard but I kind of was Leary of the rip still. Sometimes it is tight. Legs feel worked good despite wasn't a tough workout.

Grippers between squat sets. MMS

Left hand

T 1x3

1.5 2x1 hurt a little but wanted to test it.

#1 6x10 decided volume was better for rehab

Right hand

1 1x3

1.5 1

2 1

2.5 1

3 (145) 1

BBE (164) 1 mm miss, then forced closed with a short hold

King Kong (137) 1x8 fast reps

Filed 2.5 2x4 short holds on each close and a longer hold on the last rep of the set

Not a crazy workout today but I still feel like good work was done. The next 2 gripper workouts will be easier so I can rest up for the march comp. I know I haven't done MMS in a long time so I don't expect a PR or anything. Just want a decent close to keep in the comp.

• Like 1

today. low energy but got some more work done.

bench, axle

110 2x7

130 2x6

150 1x6

160 1x6

170 x16

180 1

190 1

200 1

180 2x6

2HP, 58mm

102 1x2, 1x3

122 1x2

152 1x2

162 1x2

172 3x2

152 1x8 baby reps. tried not to bounce on the rubber floor but it was tough not to. made the reps much harder than i thought they could be.

wrist levers all directions with the hammer tool. been doing a could sets of this each workout, all dynamic levers in all directions. also slowly microloading the tool as the LH can allow.

I saw this roller at Sports Authority the other day and had to purchase it. I remember Chris Rice having one and loving it. After one day of use I love it too! I highly recommend this little guy. I used it alot in the car yesterday and was able to roll out some forearm knots that had been there for months. I'll keep using it in the car and at work to stay loose.

A few brands make this thing.

224148230.jpg

Edited by daniel reinard
  • Like 1

Daniel, you mentioned in a separate thread you wanted to get serious on DL's.

Are you talking about axle DL's or standard bar DL's?

What's your 1RM dead lift on a standard bar? Axle?

What are you weighing now?

I saw this roller at Sports Authority the other day and had to purchase it. I remember Chris Rice having one and loving it. After one day of use I love it too! I highly recommend this little guy. I used it alot in the car yesterday and was able to roll out some forearm knots that had been there for months. I'll keep using it in the car and at work to stay loose.

A few brands make this thing.

224148230.jpg

I have one right here at my desk. Massage Power Roller. Website on mine is DynamaxPro.com

quite a nice massage roller. i'm sure it will get alot of milage. been keeping my eyes open for 2 years and finally saw one for sale.

Mine says Massage Power Rollers by Body Secrets. Website www.mydfx.com

I got my massager as a gift 3 years ago and wouldn't take for it!!!

Daniel, you mentioned in a separate thread you wanted to get serious on DL's.

Are you talking about axle DL's or standard bar DL's? :whistel

What's your 1RM dead lift on a standard bar? Axle? :whistel

What are you weighing now? :whistel

He might not be to chatty on this as it's a competition lift next month as well as letting his weight out etc.

He might not be to chatty on this as it's a competition lift next month as well as letting his weight out etc.

Shoggoth, you're probably right being me and Daniel are grip friends :D and his silence to my questions made me wonder

what's up!

I guess his numbers will eventually pop up if he's as serious as he claims!

I do know he's one strong skinny guy for his relative short term involvement in the sport and to get his training ideas from YouTube is even

more impressive being most of the YouTubers claiming to be trainers/coaches are clowns that don't have a clue IMO!

I wish you well at your contest Big D!!! :rock

Go get em Champ!!! :mosher

Last night.

Squats, axle, knee sleeves

110 2x6

160 1x6

200 2x3

250 2x1

270 2x1

290 2x1 added belt here

315 2x1

325 2x1

335 2x1, 1x1 paused at the bottom.

Squats felt good going heavy. I wanted to go alot harder but I was still testing the rib.

Grippers, MMS (LH was just up to #1. tested hand but didn't feel like pushing it hard)

RH

T 2x1

1 1

1.5 1

2 1

2.5 1

3 (153) 1

BBE (164) 2x10 sec overcrush

3 (145) 2x4 rep

Felt good to do grippers again. Got in good working sets. Didn't feel crazy strong at MMS since I haven't done it in awhile. Gonna try to train more working sets in this short cycle leading up to the March comp. I max too much. But who doesn't?

Did a hip warmup where I put a mini band around the knees and do side steps and wide forward steps. Really helped warm up the hips during squat warmups. I'll do these on deadlift warmups too. Got it from Mark Bell's youtube channel.

Do you do squats before deadlifts or vise versa?

Also, if you have valgus knees when squatting the bands around your knees with help correct this problem (dysfunction).

A much better way to free up the hip area is iron crosses where you lay on your back and place your arms like a cross

and then raise one leg at a time and try and reach towards the opposite hand. Do this about 5-6 times per leg and let me know what you think.

Lastly, lately there's been sufficient research to show that rolling a golf ball under the entire area of the foot releases the fascia from

your achilles all the to the top of your head! I do this prior to every squat session and it makes a huge difference. Try it! You'll like it!

BTW, the reason I'm asking for your 1RM is because I was going to share something with you to automatically add 10-20 pounds to your

DL but if you want to be silent then each to his own! Hope you're not being grudgeful about the JK thread! Cheer up! :)

I would be interested in the link to the research you mentioned on rolling the foot fascia Joe. That sounds cool.