Derek's Bending Log

vikingsrule92

Nice PRs man :rock

Nice bending. I'd be in the hospital if I attempted half that :pinch

Outstanding workout Derek! Keep the PRs rolling.

Tim

Thanks Matt and Tim!! Just to clarify, my pinkie nail was just ripped off a little, not completely torn off. My workout was going to be done after that bend anyway, I had already done 7 bends after all :D

Edited by vikingsrule92

You're an animal Derek! :rock Congrats on all the PRs. Don't tear yourself up too bad with the bending.

Thanks Abby and Gumpster!! Abby, the nail is mostly reconnected to the pinkie, it'll be healed by tomorrow probably. The real limiting factor for my next bending session is the Huge bruises on the inside of my thigh and my knee :D

More Braced stuff!! YAY!!! Although my knees are really starting to get screwed up from this stuff, I had to switch to the left knee for the last 3/4 of the workout because my right just couldn't stand the pain. It's going to be at least a week before I go after braced stuff again.

Warmups:

3-60ds

12" Griprite Shiny

1/2" x 18.25" HRS PR

3/8" x 9.5" Square HRS to 35 degrees :angry:PR

5/8" x 32" HRS PR!!!! (Tied for 9th on the long bar list now and I don't plan on slowing down)

3/8" x 9.5" Shiny Griprite Spike PR

5/8" x 44" Square HRS PR

1/2" x 17.375" HRS PR

My knees are SCREAMING at me right now. I have videos that I'll put up later, although I'm not sure if they turned out or not, I was in the shade quite a bit so I'll wait and see.

Thanks a lot Matt!! These were damn tough and hurt ... A LOT :D

Hey guys, I want opinions, the videos are kinda dark, you can see whats going on but its shady, should I post them or wait til next workout for clearer videos shorter bends?

Very nice Derek! I quit adding stuff to the braced list a while back but might start up again early next year. It's cool to watch you do some big braced stuff.

Thanks a lot Matt!! These were damn tough and hurt ... A LOT :D

Hey guys, I want opinions, the videos are kinda dark, you can see whats going on but its shady, should I post them or wait til next workout for clearer videos shorter bends?

Who cares if i't's dark! We just like to see big steel killed :D

Good job Derek! I tried to call you for Weds workout but your phone wasnt going thru. You missed some fun.

- Aaron

Good job Derek! I tried to call you for Weds workout but your phone wasnt going thru. You missed some fun.

- Aaron

Thanks Aaron, yeah I was way too tired to do anything big Wednesday anyway. I didn't get any calls, not sure why it didn't go through.

Alawadhi, ok I'll post them up soon.

Ben, I knew I couldn't possibly be stronger then you :D Come on man, I'll race you to the 1/2" x 16" (if you haven't done it already :D)

Ben, I knew I couldn't possibly be stronger then you :D Come on man, I'll race you to the 1/2" x 16" (if you haven't done it already :D)

:) You're very strong Derek! I did a 1/2"X13" HRS before stopping the braced bending. Probably would have hit the 12" before the month was out but I had other stuff going on. Mainly just lost interest in it though. Got a few pieces of 5/8"X28" HRS to under 90 but couldn't finish them off. I'll let you run on to the 16" piece unchecked. I won't be braced bending for a while at best.

Ben is a monster like Aaron man, no sense in challenging him. Speaking of which why don't you try and prod Aaron into some more braced bending? I'm sure he could do some big long bar bends with his past power and O lifting strength.

I will race you to 12" though. I have hit a bit of a wall so you got a chance to catch up for a bit. I've had that damn 13" and the 10" spike stuck forever now it seems. Considering the rate you progress at it actually may be a good race at that.

Ben, damn man I had no idea you were that strong braced. I saw you had a 1/2" x 20" on Davids list and I figured that couldn't be your best, but DAMN!

Tim, I could try to convince Aaron to go into braced, but I REALLY want a shot at being better at him at something and I'm SO close :D I'll race you to the 12" but I really stand no chance at all, I'm about 4 1/2" behind :D Maybe you go to the 12" and I go to the 14"? I'll go to the 12" if you want, I'm just willing to place all my money on me losing ;)

Thanks Kevin, I'm hoping shorter steel in all sizes :D All of my braced short term goals are in my sig.

Some various bends

Golden Hexabastard, about 1 minute and done. PR Fun stuff, a little harder then a shiny inch for inch

Big Golden Hexabastard to 2.75" and I ran out of steam I'll get it when fresh

3/8" x 7" HRS to 3.75" PR Really ran out of steam on the crush, 2 bends and a lot of isos on these springy Goldens really destroyed my strength on the crush

1/2" x 17" HRS PR!!!

Tried to practice some random feats for the upcoming talent show at school but most of them I failed at. I do have a lineup in mind though and I want your guys' opinions.

1/2" x 3 ft Strongman style and then fish it

5/8" x 3 ft over the knee

8" Companion wrench

And I might throw in a 12" Spike in the middle. What do you guys think? I also want to thank Tim T for his massiv ehelp in choosing events and all of that. Thanks buddy. Oh and the videos for the 1/2" and the Golden Hex are in the bending forum, check em out and leave me some feedback guys.

Edited by vikingsrule92

Great bending Derek! Is your 3/8" HRS harder on the crushdown than the Brass-Hex?

Thanks Ben!! I honestly couldn't tell you. I've never fully finished a piece and since I was totally toasted by this time it's hard to say. All I know is that if Aaron struggled with a 6" piece, it's STOUT stock!!!