Derek's Bending Log

vikingsrule92

You already won the race :D Very strong bend for sure :rock Did you attempted your mag bastard that's stuck at 85 degrees? I bet you can finish it.

Edited by Alawadhi

You already won the race :D Very strong bend for sure :rock Did you attempted your mag bastard that's stuck at 85 degrees? I bet you can finish it.

Yeah like David said it wasn't really worth the race, but we're on for the Huge :D I'll probably attempt a Mag from start in the coming weeks, but that short crap is so damned awkward I don't know if I can get it past 90, but if I can it'll go.

Thanks a lot Ben!!

Again I have to say that it was totally awsome how you killed that peice. No question about it!

I guess that the race for the huge shiny is on... Man the crush on that! I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared.

Again I have to say that it was totally awsome how you killed that peice. No question about it!

I guess that the race for the huge shiny is on... Man the crush on that! I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared.

Are you going to skip the Big SHiny for this race or are you going after it first? Yeah I know dude I'm scared too, but Friday IT DIES!!!! :rock :rock

After I got my Combat Core Strength Ebook from Diesel I had to give some of the exercises in the Abdominal exercise index a go. These are the basic ones and I'll get into the advanced stuff in the coming weeks, this was simply conditioning since my abs are so undertrained. I didn't do anything timed or write any of it down, I was just doing stuff to almost failure. I did a lot of Planks, Windshield Wipers, Hanging Leg raises with twists, complete hanging leg raises, one leg decline situps, etc. This is fun stuff and I've just barely scratched the surface. I HIGHLY recommend everyone buys this ebook while it still includes all of the amazing bonuses (kettlebell ebook, Sledgehammer training, Abdominal exercise index, and other suff)

Are you going to skip the Big SHiny for this race or are you going after it first? Yeah I know dude I'm scared too, but Friday IT DIES!!!! :rock :rock

I'm gonna go for the big shiny with IMP as I planned, but I will go for the huge with all that the bending rules allows, double leather pads and crushdown pads. I like to have a lot of different goals at the same time to keep things interesting.

I'm gonna go for the big shiny with IMP as I planned, but I will go for the huge with all that the bending rules allows, double leather pads and crushdown pads. I like to have a lot of different goals at the same time to keep things interesting.

Oh ok just wondering.

Haha yeah I do too, just look at my sig :D

Oh ok just wondering.

Haha I guess you do. Great to see that you are taking them down one by one.

Oh ok just wondering.

Haha I guess you do. Great to see that you are taking them down one by one.

Yeah well, like Booyah always says (about himself), "I'm a PR whore" and I'll use whatever stock I can to get that next cert or PR ;)

Hallo alles, was gibts?

Today's bending:

Huge Shiny to 110 degrees (4") PR Got it this far quickly ad then it froze, this will die soon

Grand Hexabastard ~10 degree kink PR and it wouldn't move. if I try it fresh it will probably go

Braced:

5/8" x 35" HRS PR Stout bend, going to have bruises tomorrow because of this

3/4" x 48" didn't even wobble :D Haha I thought at least it would move but nope. Good Isos I suppose ;)

Then I did A LOT of isos on this spring Tim I. sent me, I closed it about 1/3 of the way if you were wondering buddy. i got the stuff half way through the workout hahaha. I'll try the 303/Shiny next workout probably, thanks a lot man.

Only 3 PR's. You can't possibly be satisfied with that ;)

Seriously that's some serious damage you put on that huge shiny. You'll get that one well before I do!

Only 3 PR's. You can't possibly be satisfied with that ;)

Seriously that's some serious damage you put on that huge shiny. You'll get that one well before I do!

Hahaha dude I was tired today I only attempted 4 bends :D Thanks man, I certainly hope so ;)

Very well done Derek :rock Do you do anything besides bending?

Very well done Derek :rock Do you do anything besides bending?

At this point in time, just the occasional dumbbell/kettlebell supplemental work and I'm going to start a core program with the info from Combat Core. I believe that if I focus on something I'll get better gains on it then trying to cram everything in like I was last time and since I ahve no comp to worry about I can do this freely.

Training session with Rex and Aaron today, did my first work other then bending in over a month.

Some gripper work, got a #2.5 LH for a PR, but couldn't get anything significant righty, got close to TNSing the #2.5 though.

Random pinch stuff, a few long negs with the blob

Bending: Grand Golden taken to 3" pretty quickly, but then it froze. PR (of sorts)

Didn't really do much significant today, I don't like working out at 7, part of my energys gone by then, but it was still cool working out with the guys. Oh and Rex OBLITERATED two Reds like they were coathangers. Congrats bro!!

Good stuff Derek! Getting the Grand Golden to 3" is great man. Soon then. Did you fight it the full 5 minutes?

Good stuff Derek! Getting the Grand Golden to 3" is great man. Soon then. Did you fight it the full 5 minutes?

No, I fought it a couple mins and then gave up :tongue It wasn't going anywhere though. I think I'll get it soon, maybe I should go after it fresh the next time though. Thanks Ben!!

Good stuff Derek and thanks for letting me take care of the huge shiny for you, I just could not stand to see it unfinished :D

- Aaron

Good stuff Derek and thanks for letting me take care of the huge shiny for you, I just could not stand to see it unfinished :D

- Aaron

You cocky ass :D:laugh

Today's workout: More of the KB race:

KB Snatches with 24kg: 9x10 each arm ... 180 reps PR

It hurts just typing this!! Something tells me I shouldn't have gone for the 9th set but I couldn't resist. My goal coming in to today was 120 but something in me just woulodn't stop, I'm going to regret it tomorrow but I'm really happy with this number. I have 3-4 blisters on each hand and my hands were in pain by the last set but it was all worth it ..... I hope ;)

Edited by vikingsrule92

Braced bending day!!!

Warmup with 60ds

1/2" x 21" HRS PR

12" Keystone Spike to 50 degrees PR I underestmated this one, I used my crappy pads thinki it would be easy, should have used the better ones.

5/8" x 34" HRS PR!!! HA!! I beat you Zach!!

3/8" x 11" Square HRS PR I expected this to be insanely tough since the 11.5" was such a struggle, but it absolutely melted. I got it to about 1", WAY past parallel where the 11.5" was at 2 1/4" (although a little on the flat)

5/8" x 46" Square HRS PR Tough to start but then it melted, easier then I expected, I'm starting to get a hang of this braced stuff ;)

3/8" x 9" FBBC G2 to 30ish degrees PR (I think?) Tough!!My legs were completely jello and I couldn't thigh crush to save my life, I'll get this when fresh

Great day today!! But I took some NO-Xplode before and I absolutely crashed from the caffeine afterward, i had to go on a long walk to try to gt it to go away

Edited by vikingsrule92

Braced bending day!!!

Warmup with 60ds

1/2" x 21" HRS PR

12" Keystone Spike to 50 degrees PR I underestmated this one, I used my crappy pads thinki it would be easy, should have used the better ones.

5/8" x 34" HRS PR!!! HA!! I beat you Zach!!

3/8" x 11" Square HRS PR I expected this to be insanely tough since the 11.5" was such a struggle, but it absolutely melted. I got it to about 1", WAY past parallel where the 11.5" was at 2 1/4" (although a little on the flat)

5/8" x 46" Square HRS PR Tough to start but then it melted, easier then I expected, I'm starting to get a hang of this braced stuff ;)

3/8" x 9" FBBC G2 to 30ish degrees PR (I think?) Tough!!My legs were completely jello and I couldn't thigh crush to save my life, I'll get this when fresh

Great day today!! But I took some NO-Xplode before and I absolutely crashed from the caffeine afterward, i had to go on a long walk to try to gt it to go away

That you did :laugh Just you wait until I finagle my way into the local Fastenal again ;)

Oh don't worry Zach, a shorter piece of all of those bends will die later this week :D Once the 4-5 bruises I'll have tomorrow heal up :D

More braced bending today.

60ds for a warmup

1/2" x 20" HRS PR

12" Keystone Spike to 50 degrees GRRR this keeps freaking eluding me!!! My only failed bend for the whole day!!!

5/8" x 32 - 3/4" HRS PR!!!!

3/8" x 10.5" Square HRS PR

5/8" x 44- 5/8" Square HRS PR

3/8" x 10" Square HRS PR

1/2" x 19" HRS PR Ripped off my pinky nail on this one, needless to say I was done for the day

AMAZING day today!!!! I redestroyed the bruises from last workout, so I'm going to have some HUGE bruises tomorrow but it was worth it!!! Shorter stuff of all thicknesses dies next workout!!!

Oh and the reason I had some very weird lengths is because I can't cut with an angle grinder to save my life :D Hahaha

Edited by vikingsrule92