Derek's Bending Log

vikingsrule92

Thanks Ben!!

Matt, it's only for FBBC certs and I still have a LOT of space :whistel

Haha thanks for the confidence dude

Very well done Derek :rock And nice car :D:mosher

Edited by Alawadhi

Derek I think the coolest thing about you is that you put to rest any myths about age (you're one of the youngest here) and size (you're a relatively small guy). In spite of your age and size you are definitely one of the best benders in the world (that I know of) and seem to be getting better everyday. Keep doing your thing.

By the way, which was harder, th huge hex or the huge goldens?

By the way, which was harder, th huge hex or the huge goldens?

Oh crap sorry i forgot to respond to your last question about this. I think the Huge Hex was just barely harder, but I bent it on the corner so the crush was harder then if I bent it right. I think it pretty much depends on your strength. The golden has an easier kink with harder crush and Hex the exact opposite.

Kevin, thanks a lot buddy. Is there anyone younger on here? I appreciate the compliments but I'm still a ways off one of the best in the world but I will definitely work my ass off to get to that point. :rock

Nice car D...Some day remind me to tell you the horror story that was my 1st car....hahahahaah....

Like your PR board too, good idea....Keep pounding away, cause I am....hahahahah

-B

:angry::angry::angry: Well I probably won't be able to try the Big Shiny tomorrow. I got really sick all of a sudden today, I went from perfectly fine to having to blow my nose a minimum of every 5 mins in the span of less then an hour. I might still do some isos or something, but that's if I'm feeling decent. If I keep deteriorating I might be barely able to breath let alone bend. DAMMIT!!!!!!!! :cry

Hope you get better fast. The amazingly fast progress of people like you keeps me training hard, because I see what hard work gives :D

Get better and come back stonger :rock

Great log so far Derek!

Regarding the big shiny race mentioned in Mike's grand shiny thread, it seems that you are ready to go at it soon. I do not have FBBC cut stock at 6,5" but I can cut one 7" down to 6,5" to make an equivilent of a big shiny, still the same steel just not fbbc cut.

Also I plan to attempt this with IMP. Considering that I've never attempted a big shiny regardless of wraps, I would like to try it a couple of times first before I'm willing to set a date for it. But if you really want to set it next week or something, I'm still game

Great log so far Derek!

Regarding the big shiny race mentioned in Mike's grand shiny thread, it seems that you are ready to go at it soon. I do not have FBBC cut stock at 6,5" but I can cut one 7" down to 6,5" to make an equivilent of a big shiny, still the same steel just not fbbc cut.

Also I plan to attempt this with IMP. Considering that I've never attempted a big shiny regardless of wraps, I would like to try it a couple of times first before I'm willing to set a date for it. But if you really want to set it next week or something, I'm still game

I'll probably go after it Monday or Tuesday, depending on when this cold is gone. It's about half over now so I figure by Tuesday at the latest. I'll probably attempt it regardless, we can always put this off and make it a race to the Huge, but it's up to you dude.

Thanks Jason :D

I vote for Super Derek. It's simple and easy, but direct and accurately descriptive.

Also get better soon, but not too soon, you gotta give me some time to work up to that big shiny.

I vote for Super Derek. It's simple and easy, but direct and accurately descriptive.

Also get better soon, but not too soon, you gotta give me some time to work up to that big shiny.

Haha thanks buddy. Nah I can't give you any time dude. I'm going after it early next week :D

I tried it yesterday just to get a feel for it. Man that hurt! I'm miles away from that in IMP... Got a nice kink to about 45 degrees but after that my hands couldn't take it. Try it your self after you get well. And if you happen to get it, it's not a peice worthy a race. If you don't get it, it's on!

Also you could ask Alawhadi to join the race. I hear that he's currently going after it.

I tried it yesterday just to get a feel for it. Man that hurt! I'm miles away from that in IMP... Got a nice kink to about 45 degrees but after that my hands couldn't take it. Try it your self after you get well. And if you happen to get it, it's not a peice worthy a race. If you don't get it, it's on!

Also you could ask Alawhadi to join the race. I hear that he's currently going after it.

Ok, like I said I'll probably end up trying it tomorrow or Tuesday because I'm already 90% healthy. If I get it we'll make it a race to the Huge, if I don't I'll invite Alawadhi over and then it'll be a race.

I follow your log Derek :D Ok I am in! But 90% I will not bend today. And if I did it will be for the feeling of it.

I follow your log Derek :D Ok I am in! But 90% I will not bend today. And if I did it will be for the feeling of it.

I'm going after the Big Shiny in about 30 mins. Like I said, if I get it either you and David can have a race, or we can all race to the Huge. If not it's on!!

Hey guys, took down the Big Shiny today in just under 2 minutes. The video will be up soon and I'll post it in the Bending section as well as here. Other then that it was pretty much A LOT of isos. I was so damn tired after the Big Shiny I couldn't take down some things that should've been fairly routine. Oh well I got in a lot of Isos. I'm thinking next workout I'll go after the Grand Golden :rock :rock, we'll see how it goes. Also, I think my dad is going to attempt the 5.5" Square and Huge Bastard so look for those to go down. Thanks for the encouragement guys. The race to the Huge is ON!!!!

Good work Derek he## of a bend man wow :rock tell your dad good luck !!!!!

Just watched the video. Great job Derek. I take it you were excited that you got the bend:) Do you ever have a workout where you don't get a pr?

Just watched the video. Great job Derek. I take it you were excited that you got the bend:) Do you ever have a workout where you don't get a pr?

Haha yeah I was a little excited :D

Yeah I do, it's just rare, usually whether I finish a bend or not when I try something new it's a PR