Brent's Log

barbe705

friday 12.18.08

wrist curls on the cc

3x5 30#

3x5 eaton style 30# need to take the weight a lot higher on these.

wrist rotations 3x5 club +5

mms grippers

10x1 bbsm. my hands were very raw from the night before.

3x5 RP IMTUG #6

friday 12.18.08

wrist curls on the cc

3x5 30#

mms grippers

3x5 RP IMTUG #6

Are your index and middle fingers lame? :D 5 reps RP with a #6 should have you grinding a SM into dust.

I think it's a combo of the fact that:

I had only been doing choked grippers for several months so my set is off.

I had done some heavy blocks the night before and then grippers the night before.

If I don't rain grip almost every day I lose any callusses over night. so, my hands were really ripped up. I think my next gripper workout will be much better.

friday 12.18.08

wrist curls on the cc

3x5 30#

mms grippers

3x5 RP IMTUG #6

Are your index and middle fingers lame? :D 5 reps RP with a #6 should have you grinding a SM into dust.

sunday dec 21.08

front levers 5x5 very strict

rear levers on floor 5x5 103 hammer

rotations 3x5 club +5 felt pretty easy, might need to move weight up shortly

Rolling thunder 3x12 touch and go 90#. a lot harder than I thought it would be.

5x1 hub lifts 45#. I was planning to add weight to these. max effort singles might not work so well at the end of a workout.

climber curls

3x10 40#

eaton style 3x5

rotations 3x5 5# very solid. will add weight next time

grippers 10x1

BBSM

JAD is right, I'm lame. I don't know if it's doing grippers at the end or what but, my #3 stopped me cold about an inch out.

3set to failure RP with IM tug 6

my arms were still pretty sore from the first session with the climber curl

block weights

10x1 45#+5

block deads with RP

5x1 45#

TTK 3x10 15#

MMS grippers 10x1

BBSM

grippers are still sucking since they're at the end of the workout. But, that seems to work better for me.

12.28.08 sunday

front levers 5x5 5#. time to move the weight up

rear levers

5x5 10#

2x5 12# They ere all supposed to be 12#. I grabbed the wrong hammer. i thought I had gotten a lot stronger. all sets were strict. Right now I'm sacraficing weight in favor of form.

rotations 3x5 5#. Need to get some 1.25 plates to move the weight up.

RT touch and go stes 3x12 90#. need more weight next time.

45# hub holds for time. The hubs I bought are not as good as I thought upon closer inspection. the ribs are pretty wide and they keep me from getting an optimal finger placement. but, maybe that will help in a comp type situation.

grippers

5x1 BBSM. I can't believe this is still the best i can do even when I'm fresh. I need to do a lot of work on my set and sweep. I think I'll take my filed #2 to work and hit it through the day TNS.

climber curls

3x10 40#

eaton style 3x10 40# need to increase the weight on the eaton style.

club rotations 3x5 5# next workout I need to increae the reps or weight.

plate curls 25+10 3x3 felt rpetty good considering the climber curls before hand.

grippers

5x1 BBSM. I can't believe this is still the best i can do even when I'm fresh. I need to do a lot of work on my set and sweep. I think I'll take my filed #2 to work and hit it through the day TNS.

Try doing some overcrush holds for time throughout the day with that filed #2. You may be pleasantly surprised after a week or so, when you try a max gripper.

climber curls

3x10 40#

eaton style 3x10 40# need to increase the weight on the eaton style.

Brent, if you're using 40lbs for the normal curls. Then 55 to 60lbs will work well for my style, or you can do my style at the end of the workout and 40 will be fine.

I've never really done wrist curls. The first time I did the climber curl I did 3x10 normal and then 3x10 eaton style. I was sore for over a week. So, I'm still getting a feel for what I need to do. Right now with 3 sets or normal I think that the eaton style need to be 10-20 pounds heavier. I'll need to play around a little and see what works for me.

Also, this morning I did the polar bear club swimming thing. I jumped into the Mon at 9:30 this morning. air temp was 18. not sure about water temp.

ran by the weight store to see if they had any big dumbells for block weights. they were closed.

block weight deads

3x1 45# + 10#

1x1 45#+15# 1/2 way up both hands.

5x1 45# + 10#

1x1 45# + 7.25#

3x1 45# + 5#

need to get some more 1.25 to make up a pair for the block weights.

5x1 45# RP only. getting easier. my left hand is still a lot stronger than my right.

3x10 TTK 15#. lowered it slowly enough to be quiet. time to add weight.

10x1 BBSM. I am still lame.

plate curls 2x3 25+10. very hard after all of that other work.

2 greater pittsburgh phone books. one university of pittsburgh phone book into thirds. awesome. I really need to get more of these. they're great fro practice.

sunday 1.4.09

front levers. 5x5 7.5 pounds. brutal huge jump in weight from 5. need to go to the store and get more 1.25 plates. maybe some washers.

rear levers 5x5 12# hammer. these felt very strong. tried to pause and fight it down. I think I could go up in weight but, I don't want to start swinging again. I think I'll just go to the end of the month with these using a pause.

roataions on club with 6.25# 3x5. pretty rough. I'll be at this weight for a couple of weeks.

RT 3x15 95# finished all three sets, time to up the weight again.

3 45# hub holds to failure. I need to tape some of these for the hub contest.

CC

3x10 40#

eaton style 3x10 55#. nead to add a little weight next time. 60# and see how it feels, maybe 65#.

club rotations 3x5 6.25# did all of the sets and felt pretty good. couldn't have been too much stricter. I'll go another workout before I add weight.

MMS grippers

coc#3x2

BBSM x8

RB210x5

my hands were getting really raw at this point and I had to stop with the hard grippers. Sometimes it seems like not having any calusses hold me back.

ripped 2 decks of cards. 1/4'd one and took the other into thirds horizontally. The horizontal tears were murder.

sunday jan 11.09

front levers 2x5 7.5#. these were a struggle

3x8 5#. felt super light after the 7.5.

rear levers 5x5 12# hammer. strict with pause. would like to be able to do time holds soon.

rotations 3x5 club 6.25#

Rolling thunder 3x12 touch and go 100#.

3x1 hub lifts 45# to failure. I need to clean up the one hub I have. it has a little speck of welding material that is sharp as anything.

I was screwing around so I did some more.

fished a 36"x1/2 piece of rebar.

took a DC1 to 180 degrees in less than a minute. now I need to start hearting these things

2 greater pittsburgh phone books.

now I have a couple of aches and pains. I should have wrmed up my major muscles more before diving into this stuff.

Edited by barbe705

1.13.08 tuesday

wrist curls on the cc

3x5 40#

3x5 eaton style 55# ready to go to 60

wrist rotations 3x5 club +7.5. felt pretty good, not ready to move up yet

mms grippers

10x1 bbsm. still can't seem to set a higher gripper

wide choked RB260 3x5 hold to failure.

I REALLY need to get my mms up.

saturday the 17th of jan 09

I missed this on friday because of a frozen pipe. and it was cold enough to freeze pipes in the basement.

block weights

45#x1

45#+5x3

45#+10x1

45#+5x3

45# 5x1 RP only

TTK key pinch 7.5# 3x10

MMS grippers

10x1 BBSM. can get a couple of reps on a harder gripper but, me set is soooo far off of my ability to close.

5x1 power sets RB300

notes on my workout plan right now.

I like the high volume RT work. it seems to be helping. next sequence I think I'll apply it to 2" vbar.

Pinch once a week and just a little on a second day is not enough. my block weights are slipping and I hate to think about what's happening to my 2hp.

the TTK is hard to use. if you aren't super strict it becomes more about flexing your hand than working the thumb. frustrating. I think that the key pinch allows me to hit the thumb a little bit better, it still requires a lot of concentration.

I added a set of plates hulas with a block weight at the end(37.5#). I think that the thumb gets hit pretty hard on the block weight day. I will add the plate hulas to my wrist/support day.

the timed holds on the 45's are hard but, I don't think they're giving me enough stimulation on that day. I'll add the hula after them. I think it's a combo of the weight being to heavy for the quality of the hubs. if the hubs were better i think that the holds at that weight would be ideal.

with those adjustments I'll stick with this until the end of the month. Feb will bring new things.

front levers

3x5 6.25#

quit after this. was feeling very tired and went to bed early. ended up getting 10.5 hours of sleep. I think that the calorie restriction and cold are really slowing me down.

1.21.09 wednesday.

wrist curls on the cc

3x5 45#

3x5 eaton style 60#

wrist rotations 3x5 club +7.5. rough tonight

mms grippers

10x1 bbsm.

wide choked RB260 3x1 hold to failure.

my grippers seem to be getting weaker each workout. I need to figure out how to turn that around. eaton suggested some over crushes on an easier gripper each day. I'll try to start doing that.

sunday jan 25th

missed fridays workout for the burns dinner, so i was fresh

rear levers 5x5 12#

levers from face 3x3 10#. these are super uncomfortable for me. the angle on the wrist is brutal. so, I think i need to do them more to get the wrist used to it.

front levers 5x5 6.25#. time to go up in weight.

rotations 3x5 7.5#.

RT touch and go 2x15 105#

45# hub holds for time 3x1

plate hula 2x25# 2 sets to failure. this was made hard by the temp. i should have worn gloves.

2 DC1 to 180.

a deck of bycycles. this took forever and hurt like hell. my hands were a little raw at this point.

crush down on a bunch of old stock that I had reversed to 130.

1.28.09 wednesday.

wrist curls on the cc

3x5 45#

3x5 eaton style 65#

wrist rotations 3x5 club +7.5.

mms grippers

10x1 bbsm.

the wrist rotations were very strict tonight. my hands were fried for the grippers. they still feel so much harder. I'm going to start adding tns work and power sets to my third grip day.

1.28.09 wednesday.

wrist curls on the cc

3x5 45#

3x5 eaton style 65#

mms grippers

10x1 bbsm.

the wrist rotations were very strict tonight. my hands were fried for the grippers. they still feel so much harder. I'm going to start adding tns work and power sets to my third grip day.

power sets?

1.28.09 wednesday.

wrist curls on the cc

3x5 45#

3x5 eaton style 65#

mms grippers

10x1 bbsm.

power sets?

I think that's what I've scene them called. I think Teemu started the idea. you set a gripper way bigger than you can handle. for the setting practice. and it makes you focus on the set not the close.

1/31/09

MMS grippers

2x1 BBSM

2x1 coc#3

3x1 BBSM

3x1 over crush on RB260 in choker

the MMS is getting easier. the set practice is helping. I would have done more volume but, I hurt my right shoulder in the gym that morning and the sets were bothering it.

block weights

2x1

+5 2x1

+10 2x1

+5 2x1

40#+5# on side 5x1

the block weights seem to be getting harder. I wonder how much of that is the cold in the basement. they feel clammy.

sunday 2.1.09

2"v-bar 3x12 135#. was aiming for 15 but, I haven't do vbar in a while and I had just sanded the bar down.

hub lift

45+5

45+7.5

45+5

one hand pinch on 2x25+weight

MMS 5x1

1 bbsm

2 coc #3

2 bbsm

TNS RB 180 5x1. theses came over the course of the whole day. maybe 2 hours.