-greenx10

Bending (reverse)

-3/16"x7" round

-3/16"x6" round

-3/16"x5" round

-1/4"x7" round

-1/4"x6" round

-60d nail

It felt good do a grip workout after resting for a week. The plate pinching would have gone better if my 10s actually fit together. I'm hoping to overcome that and do 5-10s in the next couple of months. All bends were completed in 5 seconds and to at least 70 degrees. I think with a few more sessions like this I'll be ready to try a grade 8 bolt or 1/4"x7" square.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nockowt1

• David_wigren

• matthcarl

• MalachiMcMullen

Good workouts, Kevin and nice reverse bending. It seems that your bicep is OK now.

Re: 5 tens..mine don't fit together either and I have to measure them and keep checking area Play it Again Sports for the couple used ones I need. If I tape 5 together I can get them but not untaped.

Keep after them ... neilkaz ...

1/19

Grip

Rolling Thunder

-45x5

-90x5

-105x3x3

Plate Pinch

-40lbs (4-10s)x4

-50lbs (4-10s, 2-5s, loading pin)

Hub Lift

-25, 35x4

Bending (reverse)

-3/16"x7" round

-3/16"x6" round

-3/16"x5" round

-1/4"x7" round

-1/4"x6" round

-1/4"x7" hex PR

I was finally able to bend the 1/4" hex today. I don't know why it was so hard before. I totally killed it today (70 degrees in 8 seconds).

Way to go to town on that hex, Kevin! I predict you'll be doing a 6" version within a month.

Way to go to town on that hex, Kevin! I predict you'll be doing a 6" version within a month.

What does the 1/4"x6" hex calibrate at? I think my next big bend will be 1/4"x7" square. I also tried the grade 8 again and it still didn't budge at all. It's starting to make me wonder if I have a mutant grade 8.

I don't know if Eric ever calibrated 6" x1/4 hex, but based on his other tests I think is would come up 330ish, compared to 380 for 7" x1/4 square.

I see on my pinned calibration list that a 1/4 x 7" hex hit 255. But individual results may vary. ;)

I put on a little display at work today. I tore a few decks of cards the regular way and lengthwise. I also bent some yellow nails, blue nails, and grade 5 bolts both reverse and DU. They wanted to see me tear a phonebook so I did that (I stopped tearing phonebooks a while ago because my shoulders don't agree with it). My finale was bending my first horseshoe (St Croix Forge 0). My bending has definitely gotten better in the last month. I'm going to rest up for about a week or two and then start working on bending 1/4"x7" square.

2/26

Grip

Rolling Thunder

-45x5

-90x5

-115x2x3

Plate Pinch

-50lbs (2-25)x3

-40lbs (4-10s)x2

Hub Lift

-left: 25, 35, 45 (just a few inches of air)

-right: 35, 45, 45

Card Tearing

-13 cards

-26 cards

-56 cards

-69 cards

I watched my Steve McGranahan dvd's prior to my workout and was inspired to try some DU bending. Here's how it went:

Bending (DU)

-3/16"x7"

-3/16"x6"

-3/16"x5"

-1/4"x7"

-1/4"x6"

-1/4"x6" grade 5 bolt PR

-1/4"x5.5" grade 5 bolt PR

-1/4"x5" grade 5 bolt PR

-1/4"x6" grade 8 bolt x 0 (can't even kink it)

For some reason the 5.5" and 5" bolts felt easier than the 6" bolt. The grade 8 still isn't budging and the only thing I can think of is that I'm not strong enough yet. I will be someday.

Edited by nockowt1

3/1

Grip

Plate Pinch

-30lbs (3-10s)

-40lbs (4-10s)

-50lbs (2-25s)x4

Hub Lift

-left hand: 25, 35, 40x3

-right hand: 25, 35, 45, 50x2

Bending (DU)

-3/16"x7"

-3/16"x6"

-IM yellow nailx2

-IM blue nailx2

-6" grade 8 boltx0

-1/4"x7" hex

-1/4"x7" squarex0

-FBBC Bastardx0

-6" grade 5 boltx0 (IM pads)

I was feeling pretty good today until I tried the grade 8. I'm allowing myself to get frustrated that I can't even kink it to 10 degrees. I'm starting to wonder if grade 8s are really that hard. I decided to try a bastard for the first time and it blew my mind how difficult it feels (I think I have a long way to go before I'm ready for it). It's been a while since I've bent in IM pads and wanted to see how it would feel to bend a grade 5 in them. It didn't feel good at all. I will continue to work at it though because I want to certify on the red nail sometime in the future.

3/3

Grip

Bending

-3/16"x7" (du)

-3/16"x6" (du)

-1/4"x7" (du)

-1/4"x6" (du)

-1/4"x7" sq (du)x0

-1/4"x7" (reverse)

-1/4"x6" (reverse)x0

I figured I would do a little bending today after watching gazza do his thing. My DU was feeling really strong today and I was able to kink the 1/4" sq to about 10 degrees. I decided to do some reverse bending and I was able to bend the 1/4"x7" to 90 degrees pretty easy. When I was bending the 1/4"x6" for some reason my elbow popped. The use of my left arm has been very limited since then. I've been applying ice and icy hot to it and it doesn't seem to be working. I've also been taking tylenol and that only seems to provide temporary relief. There is no swelling but it really feels like I screwed something up. I don't think I'll be able to bend again for at least 2 weeks.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury, Kevin. Hopefully it's only a tendon strain.

My left elbow still hurts after injuring it a week ago. I had hoped that I would be able to do some kind of training with my left arm in another week or so. I think I was fooling myself. I still have difficulty doing anything with my left arm. I'll probably be going to the doctor next week if it doesn't feel any better. I have a bad feeling that the doctor is going to tell me that I screwed something up. With all that being said I decided to train my right hand today because it was driving me crazy not being able to do anything.

3/11

Grip

Grippers (all reps CCS with 2 sec overcrush)

-#1.5x20 singles

-IMTUG4x2x10 (ring and pinky)

-IMTUG4x2x10 (index and middle)

Plate Pinch

-40lbsx3x10 sec (4-10s)

-50lbsx3x10 sec (2-25s)

Hub Lift

-25, 35, 45

IM Bands

-yellowx3x10

I have done any gripper work in a while, but it felt good to train with them again. Since I won't be bending for a while I figured I might as well focus on doing a CCS close on my #2.5 before the end of the year.

if you'd like a bit of competition to help you keep motivated...i'm going for the same gripper goal.....i am about 6-8mm away from doing it with a CCS if that helps...

as an aside...hope the arm gets better soon mate...us reverse benders need to stick together!

Kevin, I hope your left isn't too seriously injured and that you'll be able to train BH et all soon.

I have never been shy about training one hand or arm when the other's injured as I feel that it will, in the end, contribute more to all around strength than being lazy and doing nothing.

Heal up and be strong... neilkaz ..

if you'd like a bit of competition to help you keep motivated...i'm going for the same gripper goal.....i am about 6-8mm away from doing it with a CCS if that helps...

as an aside...hope the arm gets better soon mate...us reverse benders need to stick together!

I'd be willing to have a race to doing a CCS 2.5 close.

I'd be willing to have a race to doing a CCS 2.5 close.

As am I...a 3 way race..lets do it !!

3/13

Grip

Grippers (CCS with 2 sec overcrush)

-#2x5 singles

-#1.5x10 singles

-#1x5 singles

-IMTUG4x2x10 (index and middle)

-#2.5x5 singles (choked to parallel)

Plate Pinch

-50lbsx3x10 sec (2-25s)

Hub Lift

-35, 45, 45

IM Bands

-yellowx3x10

Sledge Levering

-6lb hammer x 1 PR

Today's workout was decent. I had hoped to do better with the #2. I feel that when I can do at least 15 CCS singles with the #2 I will be ready to CCS the #2.5. I finally fully levered a 6lb hammer. I'm suprised I was able to do it sooner consider I was doing pretty good with bending.

3/15

Grippers (CCS with 2 sec overcrush)

-#2x5 singles

-#1.5x5 singles

-#1x10 singles

-#2.5x5 (choked to parallel)

-IMTUG4x2x15 (middle and index)

This workout wasn't anything special. I think I'll rest about 3 days and hit it hard.

3/19

Grippers

-#.2.5x10 singles (choked to parallel)

-#1.5x5 singles (parallel set)

-BBSAx5 singles (parallel set)

-#2x3 singles (parallel set)

-IMTUG4x2x15 (index and middle)

I decided to try a different type of gripper workout. This was the first time I've been able to use a parallel set to close the #2. It still doesn't feel natural to use a parallel set, but I'm getting better at it.

3/22

Grippers

-Tx1,1 (parallel set)

-#1x1,1 (parallel set)

-#1.5x1,1 (parallel set)

-BBSAx1,1,1,1,1 (parallel set)

-#2x1,1,1 (parallel set)

-BBSMx0 (parallel set)

-#2.5x1,1,1 (choked to parallel)

-IMTUG5x2x8 (ring and pinky)

-IMTUG5x2x10 (index and middle)

Plate Pinch

-40lbsx2 (4-10s)

-50lbsx1 (2-25s)

-50lbsx0 (5-10s)

Hub Lift

-35, 45, 45

Today's workout was pretty good. I praticed with a parallel set again and it is starting to feel a little more natural. I was able to get the BBSM to almost 1/4". I have some skin missing on my pinky and I feel if I had taped it up I may have gotten closer. I'm hoping to close the BBSM (from a parallel set) in about a month. I was able to get about 2" of air under the 5-10s even though my plates don't fit together and the edges are really sharp. Maybe I'll suprise myself and fully lift them in a couple of months. My left elbow still hurts but I was able to do some reps with the IMTUGs without pain. Hopefully I'll be close to 100% in a month or so.

Heal up, Kevin and lets see you take out both the 5 10's ( I still chase this and note my plates don't fit well either) and the IM 2.5 from a MM set. I see your BBSM is also harder than your 2.5 and wish you the best with that as well.

Congrats on the 6 lb sledge lever and upwards you go.

.. neilkaz ..

Edited by neilkaz