Machine Reverse Wrist Curls

-30x2x10

Machine Grip

-75x2x10

Card Tearing (Maverick/Hoyle)

-16 cards x 4

-32 cards x 1

-52 cards x 1 (pr)

I wasn't expecting to get the whole deck this soon, but figured I would give it a try. It was quite difficult. I need to work on my speed.

10/1

-15x2x15

Machine Wrist Curls

-100x2x15

Machine Grip

-75x2x10

Two Hand Plate Pinch

-2 25sx3x10 secs

Card Tearing

-12 cards x 4 (Bicycle Rider Back)

10/3

-15x3x10

Machine Wrist Curls

-75x3x10

Machine Grip

-60x3x10

Two Hand Plate Pinch

-2 25s x 3 x 10secs

Card Tearing (Bicycyle Rider Back)

-12 cards

-24 cards

-20 cards

• 2 weeks later...

10/17

-30x2x10

Machine Wrist Curls

-105x2x10

Two Hand Plate Pinch

-2 25s x 3 x 10 secs

Grippers (all reps done credit card width or wider)

-HG100x1,1 (both hands)

-HG150x1,1 (both hands)

-Tx1,1 (both hands)

-HG200x1,1 (both hands)

-#1x1,1 (both hands)

-#1.5x1,1 (right hand)

-#2x1,1 (right hand)

I haven't used grippers in a while so I figured I would see where I was at. I'm a little weak on them, but I think in a couple of weeks I should be back to where I was. I'm hoping to close the #2.5 by Jan '08 (no set).

Hoping to NS a 2.5 by Jan? Have you closed it MMS yet? Either way great goal! My 2.5 is tough, if that #3 I closed was 2.8 then my 2.5 is closer to that so it wont happen for me on my 2.5 for alittle bit still :(

Hoping to NS a 2.5 by Jan? Have you closed it MMS yet? Either way great goal! My 2.5 is tough, if that #3 I closed was 2.8 then my 2.5 is closer to that so it wont happen for me on my 2.5 for alittle bit still :(

I'm unable to MMS any gripper because I suck at setting grippers. Trying to set a gripper actually makes it harder for me. All closes I do are credit card witdth or wider. I feel that training that way will probably make it take longer to close a goal gripper, but my plan is to certify. I also feel that my hands will be stronger in the long run training that way. Several months ago I was about 1/8" from closing my #2.5

I'm unable to MMS any gripper because I suck at setting grippers. Trying to set a gripper actually makes it harder for me. All closes I do are credit card witdth or wider. I feel that training that way will probably make it take longer to close a goal gripper, but my plan is to certify. I also feel that my hands will be stronger in the long run training that way. Several months ago I was about 1/8" from closing my #2.5

Makes sense. I used to train wide reps, CCS, TNS's because I wanted to be strong throughout the whole sweep, not just the close. Training the grippers with wide sets actually makes gripper strength carryover. But if you want to be closing big grippers you should try some close work like Negatives, MMS singles and choker closes, I used to be real weak in on the close because I never trained it. Well I'm still weak on the close but it's getting better, my 2.5 feels easier and easier everytime I try it and I think it's because I've started closing it in a choker from parallel.

Not saying what your doing is wrong or that it wont work, just saying whats worked and is working for me :) Good luck!

Makes sense. I used to train wide reps, CCS, TNS's because I wanted to be strong throughout the whole sweep, not just the close. Training the grippers with wide sets actually makes gripper strength carryover. But if you want to be closing big grippers you should try some close work like Negatives, MMS singles and choker closes, I used to be real weak in on the close because I never trained it. Well I'm still weak on the close but it's getting better, my 2.5 feels easier and easier everytime I try it and I think it's because I've started closing it in a choker from parallel.

Not saying what your doing is wrong or that it wont work, just saying whats worked and is working for me :) Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I actually bought some hose clamps so I probably will be working on choker closes. I'm very weak at the close also.

10/19

-30x2x10

Machine Wrist Curls

-115x2x10

Two Hand Plate Pinch

-2 35sx3x10secs

Grippers

-Store bought gripperx1,1 (both hands)

-HG100x1,1 (both hands)

-HG150x1,1 (both hands)

-Tx1,1(both hands)

-#1x1,1 (both hands)

-HG200x1,1 (both hands)

-#1.5x1,1 (right hand), HG200x1,1 (left hand)

-#2x1,1 (right hand), HG200x1,1 (left hand)

I decided to oil my grippers today and it definitely made a difference.

10/22

Machine Reverse Wrist Curl

-40x2x10

Machine Wrist Curl

-125x2x10

Two Hand Plate Pinch

-2 35sx3x10 secs

Grippers (all TNS closes)

-HG100x1,1 (both hands)

-HG150x1,1 (both hands)

-Tx1,1 (both hands)

-HG200x1,1 (both hands)

-#1x1,1 (both hands)

-#1.5x1,1 (both hands)

-#1.5x1,1 (left hand) #2x1,1 (right hand)

Rolling Thunder (both hands)

-45x10

-90x5

-100x3

-125x1

I'm starting to get the feel for the grippers again. In a few weeks I will attempt to CCS the #2.5. If successful I will work on doing a TNS.

10/24

Reverse Machine Wrist Curls

-45x2x10

Machine Wrist Curls

-135x2x10

Two Hand Plate Pinch

-2 35s x 3 x 10 secs

Grippers (all reps no set)

-HG100x1,1 (both hands)

-HG150x1,1 (both hands)

-Tx1,1 (both hands)

-HG200x1,1 (both hands)

-#1x1,1 (both hands)

-#1.5x1,1 (both hands)

-#2x1,1 (right hand) #1.5x1,1 (left hand)

Rolling Thunder

-45x10

-90x5

-125x1

Let's see that 2.5 CCS attempt on video! Close or no close it more than likely going to be a great attempt!

Let's see that 2.5 CCS attempt on video! Close or no close it more than likely going to be a great attempt!

I'll probably close it before I get a camcorder (hopefully). At the least when I close it I'll have someone take a picture of it closed. I'm hoping to get a camcorder early next year (maybe Dec). Have you taken any videos yet?

I'll probably close it before I get a camcorder (hopefully). At the least when I close it I'll have someone take a picture of it closed. I'm hoping to get a camcorder early next year (maybe Dec). Have you taken any videos yet?

When I do something video worthy I'll have a video ;) I'd post some videos in my gallery but my computer freezes everytime I do so. Haven't tried youtube yet, I still can't figure it out. I must've verified my email 7 or 8 times and it keeps saying I have to verify my email :rolleyes Aren't computer's great?

When I do something video worthy I'll have a video ;) I'd post some videos in my gallery but my computer freezes everytime I do so. Haven't tried youtube yet, I still can't figure it out. I must've verified my email 7 or 8 times and it keeps saying I have to verify my email :rolleyes Aren't computer's great?

When I do eventually get a camcorder getting the video on my computer is going to be interesting. I'm not the most computer savvy person and I've never attempted to put anything on youtube.

10/26

-45x2x10

Machine Wrist Curls

-140x2x10

Two Hand Plate Pinch

-2 35sx3x10 secs

Grippers

-HG100x1,1

-HG150x1,1

-Tx1,1

-HG200x1,1

-#1x1,1

-#1.5x1,1

-HG250x1,1 (right hand only)

-#2x1,1 (right hand only)

My hands were a little sore after this so I skipped the rolling thunder. I did however put a nice kink in a blue nail (DU). I actually find the blue nail easier than the yellow. I ordered a new #2.5 because I want to close one out of the package CCS (when I'm ready).

10/29

Dumbell Farmers Walks

-80x2 (down and back entire length of gym)

-100x2 (down and back entire length of gym)

-50x2x10

Machine Wrist Curls

-150x2x10

I saw something in the gym today that I thought was pretty amazing. There was 65 year old man doing reps on an Atlantis grip machine with the stack (205lbs). I can TNS the #2 and I'm really close on the #2.5, but I couldn't even budge 165lbs on the machine. This guy was pretty tall with huge hands. I'm probably going to take my grippers to the gym with me next time to see what he can do. I have a feeling he could probably CCS the #3. I'm really wondering if this guy is a member here and also if he's already a COC.

I have a feeling he could probably CCS the #3. I'm really wondering if this guy is a member here and also if he's already a COC.

Don't count on it ;)

• 3 weeks later...

11/12

Grip

Grippers (all no set closes)

-HG150x1,1 (both hands)

-Tx1,1 (both hands)

-HG200x1,1 (both hands)

-BBSAx1,1 (both hands)

-#1x1,1 (both hands)

-#1.5x1,1 (both hands)

-BBMx1,1 (both hands)

-HG250x1,1 (right hand) BBMx1,1 (left hand)

-#2x1,1 (right hand), BBMx1,1 (left hand)

-#2x1,1 negatives (left hand), #2.5x1,1 negatives (right hand)

Block weights

-16.5x2x10 secs (1/2 35lb hex dumbell)

Bending (DU)

-IM white nailx1,1

-IM green nailx1,1,1,1

-IM blue nailx0

My wrist has been a little sore lately so I laid off the grip training for a week. I wanted to see how it would feel today. It's still a little sore, but it's getting better. I should be back to full strength before next week.

Apple Tearing

-golden delicious x 1

Rolling Thunder

-45x1,1

-90x1,1

-135x1,1,1,1,1

-140x.5 (got it up, but it slipped out of my hand once I got it to lockout)

Grippers (all no set closes)

-HG150x1,1 (both hands)

-Tx1,1 (both hands)

-#1x1,1 (both hands)

-BBSAx1,1 (both hands)

-#1.5x1,1 (both hands)

-BBMx1,1 (both hands)

-#2x1,1 (right hand)

-#2x1,1 (negatives with left hand), #2.5x1,1 (negatives with right hand)

-BBSMx0 (1/4" from closed)

-IMTUG3x10x1(both hands ring and pinky fingers)

Card Tearing

-112 cards x 0

-75 cards x 0

-60x1

Block Weights (deadlifts)

-16.5x1,1,1,1,1 (half 35lb dumbell)

-24.5x1,1,1,1,1 (half 50lb dumbell)

11/19

Grippers (all no set)

-HG100x1,1,1

-Tx1,1,1

-#1x1,1,1

-#1.5x1,1,1

-#2x1,1,1 (right hand only)

-#2.5x0,0 (right hand only)

Bending

-IM white nail x 3

-IM green nail x 3

-Grade 2 bolt x1 (pr)

Today was a really good workout because I was able to introduce some gym members to the world of grip. Having an audience must hype me up because I bent a grade 2 bolt for the first time. It bent a lot easier than I was expecting. I got closer today on the #2.5 (between 1/4" and 1/8" from closed). I'm still confident I'll have it closed by Christmas.