Grippers

-#2x5 (parallel set)

-#2.5x2 (parallel set)

Bending

-blue nail x 5 (du)

-1/4"x5" grade 5 x 3 (du)

Card Tearing

-56 cards x 2

This was a great workout. I suprised myself by still being able to close the #2.5. I was also suprised by my card tearing ability. I was able to tear the decks like they were nothing.

I've set a new pinch goal: 6 10s in 6 months. I originally tricked myself into believing I could do it in a month. I've now come to my senses and think 6 months will be enough time to do it.

8/4

Plate Pinch

-5 10s x 5

-5 10s x 3 (thumb, index, middle, ring)

-2 25s, 2 10s, loading pin x 2

I've set a new pinch goal: 6 10s in 6 months. I originally tricked myself into believing I could do it in a month. I've now come to my senses and think 6 months will be enough time to do it.

Kevin, Nice work on the grippers, pinching and card tearing.

Six 10s is a bold goal, it makes me question my sanity sometimes as well. Six months sounds like a good time frame. I'm thinking it might take 7.5 to 12.5 lbs. attached to six 10s held together with tape or a pipe before they can be lifted without a pipe.

Make sure you find some plates that fit well together for the 3 25s pinch next time you work on it. The first time I tried it was with a bigger hammertone plate that stuck up about 1/2 inch from the other two and it felt close to going up but I got it my first workout with three matching 25s.

hope you get those 6 10s that would be sick!!! :rock

Kevin, Nice work on the grippers, pinching and card tearing.

Six 10s is a bold goal, it makes me question my sanity sometimes as well. Six months sounds like a good time frame. I'm thinking it might take 7.5 to 12.5 lbs. attached to six 10s held together with tape or a pipe before they can be lifted without a pipe.

Make sure you find some plates that fit well together for the 3 25s pinch next time you work on it. The first time I tried it was with a bigger hammertone plate that stuck up about 1/2 inch from the other two and it felt close to going up but I got it my first workout with three matching 25s.

The more I train for lifting 6-10s the more I realize why there are so few people who have done and who want to do it. The strength it takes is ridiculous. If (when) I finally do it I will consider myself as having a strong grip (I don't think it strong yet).

The 25s I have completely suck because the paint is really slippery and there is a huge size difference when all 3 are put together.

hope you get those 6 10s that would be sick!!! :rock

I really hope so too. I think the guy that posted above you will be next on the list though.

Just watched the video on YouTube that you titled the 1/4"X7" Square bend. I think you got the wrong video buddy! I want to see that monumental bend!

Just watched the video on YouTube that you titled the 1/4"X7" Square bend. I think you got the wrong video buddy! I want to see that monumental bend!

Yeah I just noticed that I posted the 7/16"x7" brass bend instead of the square. I'm uploading the right video now.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done a few bending workouts in the last couple of days. Yesterday I bent a 5.5" grade 8 to 30 degrees DU. I'm hoping that I can bend one to 40 degrees in a month or so.

I've done a few bending workouts in the last couple of days. Yesterday I bent a 5.5" grade 8 to 30 degrees DU. I'm hoping that I can bend one to 40 degrees in a month or so.

Nice bend Kevin!! Those things are nasty!! If you can take that to 40 then you'll very close to a 6" Square.

• 2 weeks later...

8/27

Plate Pinch

-5 10s x 10

Grippers

-#2x5 singles

-#2.5x2 singles

Bending

-blue nail x 5

-1/4"x7" 303 stainless x 2

-1/4"x6" 303 stainless x 2

-1/4"x6" grade 8 bolt PR

8/29

Plate Pinch

-5 10 x 10 (thumb, index, middle, and ring)

Grippers

-#2x5

-#2.5x2

Bending

-1/4x5" g5 to 2 1/4" (IM pads)

-1/4"x5.5" g8 to 35 degrees

I'm hoping to lift 5 10s with index, middle, and thumb in the next couple of weeks. My bending could have been better today. I wanted to move up on David Horne's list for bending in IM pads and the bolt froze at 2 1/4". I got it to that point in less than 30 seconds and couldn't move it any further. I really thought I had the g8, but I was 5 degrees short. I'll bend one in less than 2 weeks.

9/1

Plate Pinch

-5 10s x 10

-5 10s x 0 (a few inches of air with thumb, middle, and index)

Bending (DU)

-5/16"x6" Grade 2 Bolt x 2

-1/4"x7" square x 1

-1/4"x6.5" square x 1

-isos with 5/16"x7"

-St Croix Forge Ultralite Size 0

Kick ass with the horseshoe Kevin!!! Your technique looks great, you just have to tighten it up a bit and your golden!

• 2 weeks later...

9/11

Grippers

-#2x10 singles

-#2.5x5 negatives

Bending (du)

-1/4"x6" grade 2

-1/4"x6" grade 5

-1/4"x5.5" grade 5

-1/4"x5" grade 5

-1/4"x6" grade 8

-1/4"x5.5" grade 8

9/11

Grippers

-#2x10 singles

-#2.5x5 negatives

Bending (du)

-1/4"x6" grade 2

-1/4"x6" grade 5

-1/4"x5.5" grade 5

-1/4"x5" grade 5

-1/4"x6" grade 8

-1/4"x5.5" grade 8

:whacked

• 1 month later...

10/13

Rolling Thunder

-100x3x3

2hp

-100x5 singles

1hp

-5 10s x 5 singles

Grippers

-#2x5 singles

I haven't been able to do any grip workouts lately because my hands and forearms have been sore because of my new job. I think my body has adjusted now so I'll be doing regular workouts again.

Hey! I guess I missed it earlier...I didn't realize you got the 5.5"G8 DU. Nice :rock