• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nockowt1

• David_wigren

• matthcarl

• MalachiMcMullen

DU. I'm unable to bend DO because I have a bad shoulder.

Try some reverse bending, I don't know why but I feel the strongest that way. DO for some reason hurts my thumbs something terrible and Reverse only pushes into my palms and fingers. I also have horrible DO technique and often I just end up pushing directly into the ends of the steel which is where the pain in my thumbs comes in.

DU. I'm unable to bend DO because I have a bad shoulder.

Try some reverse bending, I don't know why but I feel the strongest that way. DO for some reason hurts my thumbs something terrible and Reverse only pushes into my palms and fingers. I also have horrible DO technique and often I just end up pushing directly into the ends of the steel which is where the pain in my thumbs comes in.

I warmed up today with reverse bending. I'll be doing more of that in the future.

11/23

Grippers (all closes no set)

-HG100x1,1,1 (both hands)

-Tx1,1,1 (both hands)

-#1x1,1,1 (both hands)

-#1.5x1,1,1 (both hands)

-#2x0,0,0 (left hand), #2x1,1,1 (right hand)

-#2.5x0,0,0 (right hand)

Bending (DU)

-IM green nail x 3

-IM yellow nail x 0

Today was a really good workout. I decided to just pick a few exercises and do a lot of sets. I got a great pump and I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow from doing so. My shoulder didn't hurt too bad today so I may increase the weight next workout. The best part of the workout was the gripper training. I got closer on the #2.5 than I have before. On my first rep with it I seriously thought it was going to close. I could still see space between the handles so I'm not quite there yet. With a few training sessions similar to this I'll have it closed by Friday of next week (hopefully). Bending didn't go quite like I planned. I could tell as soon as started trying to bend the yellow nail that it wasn't going to happen. Maybe next time.

I could still see space between the handles so I'm not quite there yet. With a few training sessions similar to this I'll have it closed by Friday of next week (hopefully).

Uh, so will I :fear

11/26

Grippers (all closes no set)

-HG150x1,1,1 (both hands)

-Tx1,1,1 (both hands)

-#1x1,1,1 (both hands)

-#1.5x1,1,1 (both hands)

-BBSAx1,1,1 (both hands)

-#1.5x1,1,1 (left hand)

-#2x1,1,1 (right hand)

-#1.5x1,1,1 (left hand)

-#2.5x0,0,0 (right hand)

-IMTUG3x2x10 (both hands ring and pinky)

Bands

-white x 10

-green x 10

-yellow x 10

This wasn't my best gripper session. I was only able to get my #2.5 to 1/2" closed.

I decided to start doing my grip training on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. Tues will be grip machine negatives, Thurs will pinch, hub, bending, etc, and Sat will be grippers.

11/27

Atlantis Grip Machine Negatives

-100lbsx50 negatives each hand closing the handles with both hands and doing the negative with one.

This workout was brutal. It was definitely harder than I thought it would be.

Great work on the Rolling thunder and DU. Just read straight through your log. It's a good one, I'll be sure to follow it! :rock

Great work on the Rolling thunder and DU. Just read straight through your log. It's a good one, I'll be sure to follow it! :rock

Thanks. Glad to have you. If you have any words of wisdom to pass on I'm all ears.

Nice DU video! Have you tried raising both hands as far over your head as possible to start? Then ripping them down the body to get a "rolling start" on the steel? It makes a big difference to me.

Yeah Bens advice is good. And also "locking" your wrist and be sure to have a tight grip on it. Also sledge levering seem to help alot on DU for most people, surtaintly did for me!

Nice DU video! Have you tried raising both hands as far over your head as possible to start? Then ripping them down the body to get a "rolling start" on the steel? It makes a big difference to me.

I've never tried that before, but I will in the future. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah Bens advice is good. And also "locking" your wrist and be sure to have a tight grip on it. Also sledge levering seem to help alot on DU for most people, surtaintly did for me!

I've been doing a little ballistic levering with a 6lb hammer. I'm not strong enough yet to fully lever it. My wrists are definitely the weak link in my grip strength, but I'm working to correct that.

I've never tried that before, but I will in the future. Thanks for the advice.

You're welcome. A few of the best world class DU benders use it to good advantage.

12/4

Grip

Atlantis Grip Machine

-100x55 negatives each hand

This workout was difficult, but my hands aren't as sore as last time. I may be actually be getting used to high volume. One of the trainers at the gym wanted to try this workout and was having difficulty after the first 5 reps.

12/8

Grip

Beef Builder Grip Machine

-75x50 negatives each hand

This was my first workout with my BB grip machine. I could tell during my first few reps that the workout was going to be interesting. It was a lot harder than I was expecting. Oh well, this is what it takes to get stronger.

12/11

BB Grip Machine

-100x50 negatives each hand

The spread on the grip machine is bigger than any gripper I own so these workouts are very difficult.

12/13

Grip

Rolling Thunder

-45x5 (both hands)

-90x3 (both hands)

-115x1,1,1,1,1 (both hands)

-140x1 (right hand) PR

IM Hub

-25x4x5 secs (both hands)

IM Pinch Block

-25x4x5 secs (both hands)

Sledge Hammer Levering (6lbs hammer, 31" handle)

-Left: choked up 15"x5 to front, choked up 15"x5 to rear

-Right: choked up 14"x5 to front, choked up 14"x5 to rear

On the rolling thunder video I posted before I was able to break 140lbs from the ground, but wasn't able to lock it out. I locked it out today for a pr. I'm still hoping to get 150lbs before Jan. I'm hoping to hub lift 2-45s and pinch 2-35s by Jun of '08.

12/15

Grip

BB Grip Machine

-102.5x50 negatives each hand

IMTUG3

-3x5 (ring and pinky)

Sledge Levering (6lb hammer, 31" handle)

-Left hand: 5 to front and 5 to rear (choked up 15" on handle)

-Right hand: 5 to front and 5 to rear (choked up 14" on handle)

IM Bands

-whitex10

-greenx8

-yellowx6

The grip machine workout was easier this time. Maybe my hands are getting tougher (hopefully).

I'll take tougher any day of the week. Getting tougher is a big part of getting stronger. Nice card tare by the way! Last time I tried that myself it didn't go so well :angry:

12/18

Grip

Atlantis Grip Machine

-105x50 negatives each hand

IMTUG3

-2x10 (ring and pinky)

Sledge Levering (6lbs, 31" handle)

-Left: 5 to the front, 5 to the rear (choked up on the handle 15")

-Right: 5 to the front, 5 to the rear (choked up on the handle 13")

IM Bands

-Redx2x10 (using both hands)

The grip machine is getting much easier (even though it's still not easy). It's time for me to bump up the weight some more.

12/20

Grip

Grippers

-HG150x1,1 (both hands)

-Tx1,1 (both hands)

-#1x1,1 (both hands)

-#1.5x1,1 (both hands)

-#2x1,1 (right hand)

-#2.5x0,0 (right hand)

-BBSMx0,0 (right hand)

-#3x0,0 (right hand)

Bending (DU)

-6" timber tiex1 (pr)

-yellow nailx1 (pr)

-blue nailx1 (pr)

-60d nailx1 (pr)

-Grade 5 boltx0

Card Tearing

-13 cardsx1

-26 cardsx1

-39 cardsx1

-52 cardsx1

-75 cardsx0

I met up with one of the members of the gripboard (airdevil) tonight. I got a chance to see him destroy some Grade 5 bolts, 5" Grade 2 bolt, 60d nails, 6"x1/4" square, and Grade 8 bolts (DO). I think having someone else to train with definitely motivated me. I bent stuff tonight that I wasn't close on just a week ago. I was close on the #2.5 but not as close as I would have liked to be. I attempted to lift a 37.5lb blob, but was unable to get any air. Time to step up my game.