• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• egg_uk

• pdfk20

• Alawadhi

Top Posters In This Topic

What size Kettlebell was used for the bottom up press?

24-kilos.

Sam good work on the proper Inch nearly being done - I was outside coaching the lads then.

Cheers Mob, i'm going to try this again hopefully i can get that lockout soon. Weighed my inch bell yesterday it weighs 79.5kg slightly overweight!

My BBSE came today so i'm going to do grippers tonight.

Hand in the way again... :tongue If you pause/jump the clip you can see the set! ;)

Nice close Sam! :D

Thanks! I think the videos are getting better gradually. I'll attempt a #4 on video again soon hopefully should be a bit clearer this time.

today's session

overhead press - one arm

warmup 32kg KB x 2 x3

INCH DB x 0 x 3 kept missing lockout by about 1''. I'll get this soon.

50kgx3x3

INCH DB 2 hand cleans

thick handled work

warmup 50kg plate loaded thick bell

inch db x 10 BH assisted pulls. Focusing on holding at the top.

inch db x air x 2

inch db holds against thighs 10 sec each hand.

stuff with red im extensor band

grippers

BBSExattempt - about 1cm off. made the mistake of grippers after thick bar so i stopped there.

very nice session tonight

grippers (first this time) ;)

vice gripper to warm up

RH -

filed #2 x 1

rb240x1

#3x1

#3x1

RB330N 3 attempts all to around 3-4mm then neg and hold almost shut

RB330N TNS squeeze

RB240x1

LH -

filed #2 x 1

RB240x1

#3x1

felt good so

RB330Nx1 , then

RB330Nx1 inverted with a wider than parallel 'set'.

BBSE 1 attempt to about 5mm. This gripper is close to my #4, if not just as hard.

RB330Nx2 inverted

nice to include inverted grippers again, with a narrow gripper i am generally reasonably strong this way!

thick bells

thick handled db - 50kgx3 B/H

inch db attempts, holds, negs, etc... B/H

thick handled db holds with 60kg

vice gripper on easy setting to cool down + im red extensors

My other BBSE arrived today. I now have 2 BBSEs one normal and 1 with 1/4'' mount. The one with 1/4'' mount isn't that much easier, and both my BBSEs are only a tad easier than my old #4.

so tonight,

grippers

RH -

filed #2x3

RB240x2

#3x1

#3x1

RB330Nxvvnx3

#3x5 small reps

mm1xovercrush

mm1xsome credit card work all vn

LH -

filed #2 x 5

Rb240x1

#3x1

RB330Nx1,1,1

BBSE 1/4 mount to around 3-4mm, 2 attempts.

mm1xovercrush

mm1xsome credit card work all vvn

overhead presses, 1 arm

40kgx5 warmups

inch db - very close. arm was fullt straightened but i failed to hold it at the top.

40kgx5x5

32kg kettlebell

kb swings and catches.

extensors.

Edited by CoC#3

Do you do some kind of rehab after gripper work?

Yep, my red im extensor band and powerball are in use all evening. I also do contrast baths often. At night i sleep in gloves, helps blood flow. Normally the morning after grippers my hands are fresh again. I have another contrast bath the morning after grip work. I spend about half an hour warming my hands pre training aswell.

Since the british iron grip which was 1 month ago yesterday i have only had 3 days of no grip training. My recovery is very good, and generally unless i do a load of stuff with the #4 such as negs, high volume, etc... i can train grippers every day, and make gains.

You lucky bastard I wish I recovered so quick :tongue It takes me days before I can hit the grippers again after a hard workout but I'm glad your making the most of your youth and blasting it while your body is still willing to take it. If you don't cert on the #4 by the time your 21 there's something wrong. Do it man :mosher

Thanks for the reply. I often have a pain in the middle knuckle of my right hand after gripper workout (often but not always). unless i do some kind of rehab. I will try your method.

no chance i could train grippers everyday, lucky you. think it would get boring doing them everyday anyway. unless i was making noticeable gains often, which you also seem to be doing. congrats again, you looking at certing on the 3 any time soon, or more aiming at closing the 4 in training?

Dunkster, ideally i'd like to be the first to close the #4 under the new rules. I can't see it happening though, many are closer than i am. My hands are used to the volume, i went through a phase of #4 negs every day and pretty much anything since these feels 'light'.

Alawadhi try the contrast baths they help a lot!

egguk, #4 in training, inch dumbell, millennium dumbell and pressing the millennium dumbell. These are my current goals. I am also interested in pursuing the GM certs (gm2-5).

great session tonight!

gripperZ-

rh-

filed#2x1

RB240x1

#3x10 'baby reps' from wider than parallel set

#3x7 'baby reps'

RB330Nxvvvn - so close.

RB330Nxvvn

#3x1

HG400x1

filed#2x3

lh-

filed #2x1

RB240x1

RB330Nx1 (easy)

BBSExvnx2

hard #4 x waste of time attempt

RB330Nx1

no sets RB240.

a no set with HG400

repping with RB240 and filed #2.

Cheers egg. How are you coming along with the #2 mate, can you close it without the choker yet?

tried yesterday, at most 1mm away, really bugged me, but closest yet and was ill the day before, so should be soon.

Liking the training so far Sam, the upped volume is nice too of course :D Which goal is #1 on the list? #4, MDB press, Inch lift?

egg, you'll get that #3 very soon! get a bit hyped up and you'll destroy it.

malachi - #4 close is my #1 goal, as for the inch dumbell deadlift i am very very close i expect to do it in a few weeks max, millennium dumbell press i am a long way off at the minute but it is definitely something i want to achieve.

got the new RBs today, thanks TomY

rb210 - easy, i can no set this one for warmup no prob.

rb300 - about a 3.5 strength, closed LH, very near RH. In gallery.

rb330 - close to a #4 strength. Attempt in my gallery.

rb365 - monster, harder than gr8 #4. I can get it a bit past parallel.

pics here: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=5988

also got my rb330n to about 1-2mm RH. Closest yet. I thought it touched for a split second.

nice work mashing those grippers, you can cert on the rb grippers, they produce cert grippers which, i think, are basically the narrow grippers

thanks, rb300n would probably be my best no set. I can't no set the rb330n.

tonight's session

inch pulls - with tilt, back bell to knees front bell cleared the floor by 2''-3'' on best attempt.

inch db press - pressed held at the top for a very short amount of time. I got the lockout this time but it tilted back and i had to drop it.

kettlebell stuff

HG500 - a few negatives, holds, attempts in an inverted position.

RB330N - tried closing this with 2 fingers. About 3mm off.

I put some tough rubber tubing (from the handles of a pair of bolt cutters) over my handles of my old #3 to make the handles the same size as those of the HG500. Works perfectly. The spread and size of the handles of this #3 are now identical to that of the HG500. I now have an 'HG450' or thereabouts. With this i did 27 parallel reps LH and 20 RH. I think this seems like the best way to train for the HG500.

extensor work and powerball

i don't normally train twice a day but i am pleased i did. This session included the best inch pulls i have done and definately the biggest dent i have ever put in my HG500.