Training For The #4

CoC#3

lol, 10p, thats ridiculous, put an add in the local paper saying you want one, and how much your willing to pay. some people might just not be advertising as there is so little demand.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• egg_uk

• pdfk20

• Alawadhi

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, 10p, thats ridiculous, put an add in the local paper saying you want one, and how much your willing to pay. some people might just not be advertising as there is so little demand.

Will do, there's plenty of options i think, my ex has got a garage that she doesn't use but the issue is that it's too close to people's homes and deadlifts of nigh on 600lbs hitting the floor aren't gonna go down well.

yea, there isnt really anyway to dampen that sound, unless you build a lifting platform, climber511 explains how to make your own on his website, but 600lbs should still make a fair sound on that

I built one for doing rolling thunder work on. Certainly does get rid of some of the sound. Somewhere on an industrial estate would be perfect for training, but this is when it gets expensive. Hugo Girard (canadian strongman) has a whole warehouse for his kit, i've always envied that!

eddy ellwood, who was mr universe and was in worlds strongest man has a massive, commercial, gym where he has all the worlds strongest man stuff in, if i remember right. It showed it last time he was in britains strongest man. the website is poor and doesnt show anything though. Be good to train there, it is a massive warehouse as well

yep he has a quality setup!

yesterday's stuff

all db stuff done using the 60mm handles

one arm pressing - 30kgx5, 40kgx3, 50kgx2, 60kgx2

clean and standing press 2 dbs - 30kgx5 40kgx5

db bench - 30kgx10, 30kgx10

kettlebells swing -

32kgx15,15

tricep extensions

Edited by CoC#3

today's stuff

60mm db concentration curls full rom - 30kgx2,3,3

rolling thunder - 65kgx5, 75kgx2, 80kgx2, 85kgx2, 90kgx1, 95kgx1(pr), 100kgxvery close, 95kgx1, 90kgx2

60mm db curls - 30kgx5

60mm db hammers - 40kgx4

32kg kettlebell swings / rows/upright rows

great RT PR Sam, 210lb!

- Duncan

Seconded! Congrats on breaking 200lbs!

cheers guys, 220lbs next time hopefully. It was pretty close, but i feel forward with it instead of straightening up. My RT is handle is getting more 'used' which i am sure makes it easier. That being said, it still spins freely.

today's session lacked motivation really cos i expected my BBSE to arrive today but it didn't... lol.

LH - no sets rb240x6 pr, rb240x5,

BBE with set,

no sets HG400x1, HG400x1, hg300x(5-6mm)

RH -

no sets rb240, filed #2,

MM1 with set x 2, BBE with set (2mmx2),

no sets filed #2, no set HG400 (2-3mm)

HG400 is hard to no set but my LH can do it pretty much all the time. It is an easy gripper (i'd say ~2.5 or 2.6 but the big handles make it fun for no sets) I suspect that the HG300 that i use is similar to the GM3 in strength (from what i have heard) it has an easy sweep and binds near the close. At the close it is as strong as an elite.

light wrist stuff and powerball for rehab of the left wrist - this injury is almost gone.

applied for loads of jobs lately, personal training is bringing sod all cash in.

Edited by CoC#3

Still no BBSE but great session nonetheless!

Had too much caffeine before today's session.

GRIPPERS -

LH

rb240x1

#3x1

BBEx1

#3.5xvvn and then a few bounce negs, i think i held it shut.

#4 x 5mm miss and then 1 neg. Held pretty close.

#3.5xvvn and a few bounce negs.

RB240x10

filed#2x7

RH

rb240x1

#3x1

BBEx1 pr

BBEx1

#3x1

rb240x50clicks

filed#2x7

My older #4 (the one i use) is not that much harder than the #3.5.

kettlebell stuff

Edited by CoC#3

So your LH is stronger than your right? I just noticed that.

So your LH is stronger than your right? I just noticed that.

Yeah, the RH is catching up nicely though. I want to close my old #4 with both hands this year (figure i'll be using a deep set, wide set closes with anything that hard is beyond my capabilites at the moment).

congrats on the RT, and some strong work with those grippers

cheers mate!

closing the 4 both handed will be an awesome feat, im looking ar closing 2.5 this year.

You'll do that easily. Aim for the #3! :mosher

cheers, hope to get a strong close on the two in the next few weeks, not just choked so ill be spending a lot of time on setting it, then hopefully ill be in a better position for the harder grippers. not a chance ill ever make the 4 though, you going to aim higher than the 4 and be the first to close the pro, not sure if anyone has closed the 365 or ge

You could MMS the #2 now easily if you can do a CCS from a choker!

Can't really look past the #4 yet. I'd like to think my hands are going to keep getting stronger though. I prefer shorter term goals, or else it turns into 'at the moment i can't even close the #1 but once day i'll tns the galaxy' sort of bullcrap ;):) and these goals are cert #3 (my CCS sucks arse), gm2-gm5 cert, close #4.

I don't think the RB365 has been closed, but i think it is within human capabilities. Pro with 1/4'' mounting is do able, IMO magnus could have done that or got very close given how easily he closed that #4. Beyond that, i can't see much else being closed. My BBWC, for example is a huge jump and i can't even get it past parallel in a chest crush. I can't see anyone closing a BBWC in my lifetime.

Edited by CoC#3

thats why i want to work on my setting, as i can close the 2 and rb160, rb180 which are both harder in a choker, so my set must be shocking if i cant close them without a choker.

It is easier to just set short term targets, and you have a long time to develop your strength and training to close grippers harder than the 4, but even if you only make it to the 4, then that will still be a very fine achievement, which very few ever achieve. certing on the 3 is so hard now, good luck with that.

Work your set with a #1 or something you can mash easily. It'll come. Maybe your thumb strength is lacking if you set grippers from the bottom?? Try setting grippers from the top, you'll find out what suits you best quickly.

Yeah #3 cert is very hard, not because you have to use a new #3 (personally i think they are easier out of the package cos chalk and stuff accumulates in the spring over time) but because of the CCS rule. It's been said before that i set my grippers way too deep and having a habit of this doesn't help.

GRIPPERS

lh and rh

overcrushes with 2006 #3

hg300x3x1

mm1 x 1

rb240 no sets

ROLLING THUNDER

warmups

90kgx1

100kgxabout half way up

100kgxvery close

100kgxsome air

95kgx1

90kgx4x1

80kgx6x1

65kgx3x5

good session.

went back to it a few hours later and got that 100kg RT!!!

went back to it a few hours later and got that 100kg RT!!!

Sam

Well done fantastic pr next stop 114k

Mark

Edited by MARKR

Cheers guys!

I also tried 105kg and got 2'' air. No luck there. 105kg on the RT feels almost as hard as the millenium dumbell did, if you can compare the 2.

Edited by CoC#3