Training For The #4

CoC#3

As per what we discussed: the new 4 is now for testing of the grip only and must not form a part of the usual grip tools.

Yep. That's what it's for now. The #4 you tried is the one i'm going to be training with.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• egg_uk

• pdfk20

• Alawadhi

Top Posters In This Topic

today's was a good session

26/05/07

squats - 50kgx5, 90kgx5, 130kgx5

grippers - strapholds (using the end of a lfiting strap) with 5kg using the MM1. No set work with the RB240 with both hands.

rolling thunder - 40kgx5, 60kgx5, 70kgx1, 80kgx1, 85kgx1,1,1,1, 90kgxhalf way up, 85kgx1, 70kgx5

kettlebells - one arm swings 32kgx10x2, cleans 32kgx3 each side

Tomorrow i start negs again, i think my hands are recovered from last sat (at last!) - i'm going to use the BBPRO for these and move up to the BBWC later this year. Hopefully these and strapholds with grippers around the #3 range will get me the #4 closed!

Tomorrow i start negs again, i think my hands are recovered from last sat (at last!) - i'm going to use the BBPRO for these and move up to the BBWC later this year. Hopefully these and strapholds with grippers around the #3 range will get me the #4 closed!

Good luck man!

28/05/07

Grippers - sucked < <:whacked . all the reps with the elite were missed (closest was 2-3mm off). negs with the pro were aweful and felt weak. even my warmup closes with the MM1 and RB260 (though they were all closed) didn't feel that easy.

Rolling thunder - 40kgx5, 65kgx5, 75kgx3, 80kgx1 85kgx1, 90kgx1(pr), 100kgxair, 90kgx1, 80kgx4,6

(AWESOME! HAPPY WITH THIS!) :mosher:mosher

I then did a rolling thunder lift with my 11 year old brother (63kg bodyweight) standing on a 20kg plate. This makes 88kg total including the weight of the pin and handle! :upsidedwn:mosher

60mm thick bar hammer curls - 30kgx5,5,5,5

Edited by CoC#3

Nice workout!

Sam, when you got the #4 to 4mm what close did you use? Inverted, normal, or normal using 3 fingers?

Edited by Alawadhi

Thanks!

I am generally strongest with 3 fingers normal way up, and this is how i attempted the #4. I get better leverage from my stronger fingers this way.

Edited by CoC#3

one arm pressing - 30kgx5, 40kgx3,3,3,3 (these are done without leg drive)

kettlebell work - bottom up presses, swings

rolling thunder - 45kgx5, 65kgx5, 75kgx1, 85kgx2, 90kgx1, 91.5kgx1(miss though, i didn't lower it under control), 85kgx3(pr), 85kgx3, 85kgx1, 65kgx3

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=5870 - did this today closed the MM1 and pressed upside down the 32kg kb at the same time. Fun stuff and is harder coordination wise than anything else.

Edited by CoC#3

Thanks!

I am generally strongest with 3 fingers normal way up, and this is how i attempted the #4. I get better leverage from my stronger fingers this way.

Hmmmmm......... :whistel

You will be like Magnus :D closing the #4 with 3 fingers!

Yeah ss i was finding my pinky (especially with LH) slips off a lot. Now i don't bother using it and have been closing grippers like that - i gave it a go after seeing the magnus mash! I still set them too deep though - i need to fix this.

Alawhadhi - i hope so, i'd love to do that eventually.

one arm pressing - 30kgx5, 40kgx3,3,3,3 (these are done without leg drive)

kettlebell work - bottom up presses, swings

rolling thunder - 45kgx5, 65kgx5, 75kgx1, 85kgx2, 90kgx1, 91.5kgx1(miss though, i didn't lower it under control), 85kgx3(pr), 85kgx3, 85kgx1, 65kgx3

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=5870 - did this today closed the MM1 and pressed upside down the 32kg kb at the same time. Fun stuff and is harder coordination wise than anything else.

Awesome shirt ;)

Thanks Jose.

#3.5 - with a deep set. I have never tried a super elite but i ordered one yesterday.

today's grippers - GM1 cert did it TNS hydraulic style then TNS with 2 fingers. Easy gripper.

rolling thunder - 45kgx5, 65kgx5, 75kgx3, 85kgx3, 90kgx1, 90kgx1, 95kgx0,0 (half way up, maybe slightly higher), 90kgx1, 85kgx2 (everything above done with each hand)

kettlebell work

thick bar hammer curls - 30kgx3x3

01/06/07

tns grippers - #1x5, RB240x1,1,1,1, MM1xvery close miss, filed#3xgood squeezex2 (very close), elitexsqueeze, RB240x1,1,1,1

(re the filed #3: this gripper has over half of the dogleg handle cut away to increase the ROM)

2'' vbar - 60kgx2, 80kgx2, 90kgx1(lh), 90kgx0(rh), 60kgx5(bh) absolute crap.

rolling thunder - warmups then 85kgx4 pr lh, 80kgx3 pr rh

rested for a bit after that last session (out of choice) and came back later and finished with:

thick dumbell rows - up to 70kgx1

kettlebell work

thick dumbell hammer curls - 20kgx5, 30kgx5, 40kgx3, 50kgx1, 30kgx3 all with each arm. These are done one arm at a time, and were performed without swing.

Woke up sore this morning. Nothing to do today though so i decided to train anyway.

one arm press - 30kgx5, 40kgx2, 50kgx1,1(pr) done without leg drive and with a 60mm dumbell

axle standing press - 50kgx5,5,5 all supersetted with 50kgx15,15,15 axle rows

hands feel ok so i'll probably do no set work later tonight.

big cuppa coffee before this session!

no set grippers-

RB240x2,3,3

MM1x3 misses by this much ||

elitexa big squeeze got it well past parallel but still a way off

i then played with my filed #3. Squeezed it no set to well past where the handles would have been but still couldn't get it touch. Half the handle is filed and this is causing the skin to trap. My new #3 is still beyond me no set wise because it's spread is over 3''.

light set work

MM1x1,1,1

finished up with no sets of a filed #2.

Edited by CoC#3

grippers -

RB240x1,1

MM1x1 TNS (pr) YEAH!!

MM1x1,1 light set

BBEx1

rolling thunder -

25kgx10, 45kgx5, 65kgx5, 85kgx1,1, 90kgx1, 95kgxhalf way up, 85kgx5(pr), 80kgx1 thumbless pr

finished up with some 2'' axle curls and thick db hammer curls with a thumbless grip.

Thanks Pete. I gave the MM1 a ride no set at the IG when we were playing around with grippers afterwards. I have been working to get it for the last 2 weeks. Next gripper to no set is the elite, and that hard #3 of mine you closed.