Training For The #4

CoC#3

I've been doing a bit. I've been upping the bodybuilding style sessions aswell to get my size and strength back.

I'm still hitting the bending and grippers, though i have been doing more volume rather than max stuff to let my hands heal a bit. I am starting direct training for that HG500 today! WOOT!

Haven't had a lot of time to post recently hopefully will be able to give more time to the GB (and get that blob order done) in the near future.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• egg_uk

• pdfk20

• Alawadhi

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you can do it :rock

• 2 weeks later...
I am starting direct training for that HG500 today! WOOT!

Ahh, now there's a stout goal! Clay Edgin only ever had the production model down to 3/8-1/4", I can see you however, not to long from now closing that and perhaps a medium 4? Keep us posted!

• 3 weeks later...

Started training seriously again 2 weeks ago.

I have been doing a lot of work with the vice gripper.

TONIGHT I DID:

vice gripper

10,9 position 7 reps

11,9 position 5 reps

12,9 position 2 reps

Not full reps though i.e. only opening half way (equivalent of MMS).

Also did loads of no sets with 10,7 position

Also did a few MMS closes with the MM1.

training today

seated db presses

40kgx5

45kgx3

military presses

tricep stuff

grip

mm1x1,1,1,1

vice gripper up to 10,8,6 almost got it on 10,8,7

LOL!

Sam, I got a good laugh out of

sam's hands are a bit small to be good at lifting with handles so thick
also. Looks like you're doing great to me. :rock
Re. comments about me lifting thick handled dumbells/that session mentioned in odin's post. june16th (when i collected my inch) i lifted the inch about 2-3 inches off the floor i trained with it for a month pretty much everyday and was eventually able to pull it about 4-5 inches with some tilt (so still a ways off lockout). When i trained with viper (aug 17th) i didn't attempt the inch bell only did some throws from hand to hand with the small one and some cleans and presses with the small one. Viper managed to get air under the inch first attempt at it. Steve did a full lift with the inch on that day with minimal tilt.

You can't be too far away from a full DL, I know you said:

as for the inch dumbell deadlift i am very very close i expect to do it in a few weeks max,

It might take me quite a bit longer than you, but the Inch is the main focus in my training now.

Good luck Sam, I hope to see some video of your progress soon. Hope you can get together with Steve and Viper, it was fun to watch the other video of you with the baby Inch.

lol, thing is my hands actually aren't very small they are around 8';' it's just stev's got 9'' hands and viper's are pretty close to 9'' aswell.

I'm sure you'll get the inch soon your thumb strength from all those blob lifts is bound to help you.

lol, thing is my hands actually aren't very small they are around 8';' it's just stev's got 9'' hands and viper's are pretty close to 9'' aswell.

I'm sure you'll get the inch soon your thumb strength from all those blob lifts is bound to help you.

Thanks for the support Sam, some doubt my potential for a full DL without years of training due to "hand size", etc. I've been researching it here, and it seems that once you can get some air a full DL is likely if you make it a primary focus in your training. I can hold it for a bit at the top, midrange and near the floor, so I think I might get it sooner than some predict.

Keep up the good work Sam and i look forward to seeing you close the #4 as well as DL the Inch and the MDB in the near future.

Edited by odin