Training For The #4

CoC#3

Is anyone able to bend a red without using DO grip, and bracing the nail under their chin and using their upperbody strength to bend and crush the nail? I cannot even get into position to do that, having very tight shoulders. I was happy back in the day to have bent a blue reverse grip and no bracing of any kind.

http://www.cyberpump.com/albums/album166/aaa.wmv

I remember that video - made my eyes water with the underhand and flexing of the wrist. Even with that the bar is finished by the method of tucking it under the chin.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• egg_uk

• pdfk20

• Alawadhi

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that video loads of times when i was bending, he just melts that red its awesome

Minimal wrap WOW! :rock

Lets not forget Gazza shiny bastard bend barehanded DU and Reverse!

Is anyone able to bend a red without using DO grip, and bracing the nail under their chin and using their upperbody strength to bend and crush the nail? I cannot even get into position to do that, having very tight shoulders. I was happy back in the day to have bent a blue reverse grip and no bracing of any kind.

http://www.cyberpump.com/albums/album166/aaa.wmv

Great clip, great music and a strong fella - theres a reason Dave's a Pro Strongman now (and beating the best).

today did a 4.75'' blue. 4.4'' blue beat me. Just couldn't get more than a 45 degree kink - i have thick hands and this piece was just too short.

also did loads of levering.

8mm HRS or 1/4" Hex next then Sam.

Edited by Autolupus

Pretty much anywhere, it's "black"(HRS) as opposed to "bright"(CRS) mild steel and around £2.50 @6m lengths, bends with a large rad.

A quick googling brought these up http://www.arenastock.co.uk/

they look to have a good selection of materials and type. Obviously it'd be cheaper to find a local stockist and cut the material yourself but if you can get a good deal on cuts, p+p, are feeling a little lazy and like getting parcels... :whistel

I've decided if I buy any more stock pre-cut I'm going for 12" lengths, it means I can get a 7" and 5" length, 6.5" and 5.5" or 2x6" for a single cut(using a hacksaw, grinder, boltcroppers...) giving five possible lengths, will be less cuts to pay for and less scrap than you'd get if you bought stock @ 7" lengths and started cutting down, something I did initially!

Edited by Autolupus

Interesting, thanks dude.

GRIPPERS -

LH - worked up to

#4xvery close x 2 (these were the nearest ever attempts)

The i did

RB365xa squeeze - got this one quite near, def within 5-6mm.

RH

MM1 wide set work and loads of #3.5 negs.

VICE GRIPPER

11,8,6 for a new PR. Loads of work here with varying resistance.

Extensor work.

Nice work on the #4! Your last time was I guess a hair away? And this one is even more???!!!!! :rock

Nice work on the #4! Your last time was I guess a hair away? And this one is even more???!!!!! :rock

I thought the first one may have touched. Because of this for the second i got my brother to witness and asked him if it was closed. The gripper was inverted so i couldn't see it nor could feel it touching for sure. He said that it was about a paper width off but still not closed. I'm very near.

Edited by CoC#3

BENDING - im wraps

bluex1

yellowx1

8mm screw x 5.5'' and 6'' 1

GRADE 5 6'' x 1 (stock that pete sent me)

GRADE 5 5.5'' x 1 - this one was easy. Sub 10 secs. I think 5.5'' is my optimal length.

GRADE 5 6.5'' x 0 (too long, couldn't get any power, only got slight kink)

GRADE 8 x 0 (this one i got from Mobster - couldn't move it)

BASTARD x 0 (another piece i got from Mobster - not happening yet. I think i'll cut this down from 7'' and see if i get anything on, say a 5.5'' length)

6.5'' GRADE 5 x 1 (PR)

yellow x 1,1

IM hub work

levering - loads of sets of 10 and 15 with 8lbs sledge to nose, also lots of work in all directions

2 hours powerball at light speed

extensor work

2 hours of powerball :blink i had one of those years ago, and i know 2 hours is a LONG time, your forearms must have been pumped

If you can get a Grand Bastard but can't get a regular then wow, that would be amazing. Great work lately Sam. I'll send you some stock on Monday. What kind of stuff would you want? Any clue? I'll also ask acorn to contribute some too so you'l have lots.

a few of the 'easier' bastards would be nice (i've heard the new ones are much much harder) aswell as some more g5 and g8 blots. Thanks dude.

vice gripper - up to 12,10 (hardest setting)

bending - grade5 from mobster x 1(easy), 5/16''x5'' bolt x 2(from hardware store), 3/8''x5'' screw boltx0 didn't move it

levering

Nice close on the vice gripper :mosher

Do you think that you have a good carry over between the vice gripper and conventional grippers? I have one ISG, it's a good piece of equipment but i don´t see carry over.

Carryover to inverted closes is big. Thanks Jose.

yesterday -

bending, 10 60d then 2 5/16''x5'' bolts (all DO) then 1 60d bent behind the head also bent a 60d DU, 60d brookfield style everything using im wraps

today -

bending, 2 60d then 5/16''x5'' bolt then 60d behind head then 60d kinked in IM wraps and crushed down bare handed.

levering did loads of stuff with 8 and 10lbs sledges

pinky/ring closes of trainer