Training For The #4

CoC#3

Hey Sam, sorry I've been caught up with school lately and haven't been checking this. I don't have an easy bastards and I think acorn only has a few and is pretty stingy with them. I'll send you some of my 5/16" x 7" which is similar to an easier bastard, some hard bastards, some 5/16" HRS, some 1/4" Sq and Stainless Sq, some 60ds, and some bolts. I'll send you some crazy hard JH G5s and you can see how you fare. I can only send like 4 lbs of stuff because in order to send more over seas it would cost me like $30, while with 4 lbs of stuff it's only $10.

Edited by vikingsrule92

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• egg_uk

• pdfk20

• Alawadhi

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks

hands been too torn up lately to train grippers or bending

tuesday - axle dls up to 155kg, 165kg off the floor, 135kgx1,1,1,1,1,1, bicep stuff

levering work

wednesday - overhead work, tricep high volume stuff

then pinch 2z15kg plates passed round body/2 finger lifts etc...

2x20kg passes hand to hand

levering work

bent my first grade 8 today. IM wraps. Less than 1 minute. Had to work on the kink a bit but it was easy from 45 degrees on.

thanks Steve for giving me this bolt.

Wow! Impressive bending Sam! That red will be yours soon! I say you could measure it months now!

thanks.

Been bending a lot lately (more on this lately) also busy with work but have managed to get back into the bodybuilding. The size is coming back.

Bending wise since the grade 8 i have bent a shiny 5/16''x5'' bolt (harder than a G5 IMO not as hard as a grade 8) and also managed 7''x1/4'' square that Pete was kind enough to send me (i think it was FBBC Pete can confirm if it is or not??). This was a hard bend, but once kinked it wasn't too bad! Cut a red down to just over 6'' couldn't kink it though. Im wraps, as per usual, were used so once i bend a red i will be ready to cert.

Edited by CoC#3

thanks.

Been bending a lot lately (more on this lately) also busy with work but have managed to get back into the bodybuilding. The size is coming back.

Bending wise since the grade 8 i have bent a shiny 5/16''x5'' bolt (harder than a G5 IMO not as hard as a grade 8) and also managed 7''x1/4'' square that Pete was kind enough to send me (i think it was FBBC Pete can confirm if it is or not??). This was a hard bend, but once kinked it wasn't too bad! Cut a red down to just over 6'' couldn't kink it though. Im wraps, as per usual, were used so once i bend a red i will be ready to cert.

sam thought you said you were feeling better being lighter?

busy with work - haven't been updating

done a few sessions with weights recently - started squats and deads again

bodyweight is 234lbs.

been training lots of bending lately aswell as levering

this is my attempt at a grand bastard in IM wraps. i think i'll need to start on the leather to finish this one,

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6337

Great job Sam, you're racing through hard steel won't be long i reckon before you take down a red and more!

bodyweight is 234lbs.

this is my attempt at a grand bastard in IM wraps. i think i'll need to start on the leather to finish this one,

This would be the biggest mistake of your life. Your are very near to the red and want to start leather????! Keep bending using IM pads and cert on the red THEN use leather.

Thanks Pete

Alawadhi you are right mate what i meant was i think that to do that grand i am going to need some better wraps. For the first time i felt like hand toughness limited me on that one.

thursday - grand bastard a few more hits, bicep work, heavy levering

yesterday - shoulder work, levering, wrist work, grippers, kb stuff

today -

getting back into squats, loads of warmups then 90kgx3, 110kgx3, 110kgx3 felt very nice, back wan't too bad either

bending (60ds bentone cut down to 4'' bent one about 10degrees cut down to 3.25'') also bent 30 60ds at 6''

levering

32kg kb juggling

Did you close the big daddy?

Nice volume work on the nails Sam. Are they UK or US 6"?

haven't tried yet! i want to nail (pun intended) that grand bastard first.

when do you want me to send it back i.e. how long do i have to train for it?

these 60ds are easy Pete - i could bend them forever. Just playing around with DU, DO, helsep style and reverse style. Also played around doing parts of the bend barehanded.

Auto - UK ones. Easy ones.

haven't tried yet! i want to nail (pun intended) that grand bastard first.

when do you want me to send it back i.e. how long do i have to train for it?

these 60ds are easy Pete - i could bend them forever. Just playing around with DU, DO, helsep style and reverse style. Also played around doing parts of the bend barehanded.

Auto - UK ones. Easy ones.

You can send her back when you can close her anytime :D That means when you want to send her back then send it. I really want to see her tights closed :D

bodyweight is 234lbs.

This would be the biggest mistake of your life. Your are very near to the red and want to start leather????! Keep bending using IM pads and cert on the red THEN use leather.

Funny how it's different for some people. I had never trained with IM pads before my certs (except for the few things when Booyah was over) and had no problem certing even though I only used leather to train. The only thing that makes them harder is that they aren't as cushy as leather.. Might be a little more uncomfortable, that's it.

Your a beast Wes. For mortals like me I think it's better to stick to leather. Sam is like you and he might use leather.

• 2 weeks later...

Hows your training been Sam? I just noticed you haven't posted in your log in like 3 weeks.