Training For The #4

CoC#3

no set work today -

wamed up with a few MMS closes of my #3 and rb210 and extensor work.

RH did loads of volume no set stuff with RB240, filed #2 and the VG.

LH got RB330N to 3/8'' TNS and a hard HG300 (3.1-3.2) - TNS - to about 1-2mm every attempt. Also RB240x8 no set closes.

Finished with some VG closes.

:rock:

Edited by CoC#3

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• egg_uk

• pdfk20

• Alawadhi

Top Posters In This Topic

usual warmups up to #3x1

RB330N - all within 2mm also got close on no set

CCS #3 stuff - all quite near

hard HG300 no set - 6 attempts, all missed by a hair.

MM1 closes

loads of RB240 no sets

VG stuff

But you have to share with Pete!

I hardly think i am or ever will be strongman material, but Sam on the other hand has got it all going for him, seeing him do that 300kg one hand lift at the IronGrip was the start of something really special to come i reckon.

thanks guys, looks like one hand lift is a good event for me. I'd like to get some kit for the one hand lift setup, so i can train it at home.

2hrs sleep last night and i couldn't get back to sleep - can't sleep very well these days.

today's session

RH - #3x1, #3x1, CCS attempts on #3, HG400x7 parallel reps, Tx50, Tx50

LH - RB330Nx1, RB330x2mm, RB330x3mm, #4xBFNs, #4xBFNs, HG400x10, RB240x10

(BFN = bounce forced negative you close the gripper assisted, let it open do a short hold, assist it closed again etc and repate 3-5 times every attempt...) These BFNs were done out of a deep set today. Holding the #4 shut is just round the corner.

2'' bar DO DLs -

132kgx1,1,1,1

132kgx1

137kgx1 with a thumbless DO grip (pr)

137kgx1,1 DO

axle muscle cleans - 50kgx8x2 just to get some blood flowing

Edited by CoC#3

LOL. Hasn't been that bad lately mate. 2 cups of strong coffee a day (always pre workout) that's all i've been consuming.

That's very responsible :tongue I had to cut back recently. I love coffee. I can't imagine being addicted to something like cigarettes. Good plan though. If you're only having 2 cups, why not make 'em really strong :yikes

Cannon, since cutting back have you noticed any changes in your workouts?

I even love the smell of coffee :D

I find that when I drink coffee, then my urine smells like coffee, something no other food does. Not that I make an attempt to smell it, in case you're wondering, but it just does.

I hope this didn't sound gross, but it's true. Maybe that's one of the reasons I don't drink it too much? :tongue

I find that when I drink coffee, then my urine smells like coffee, something no other food does. Not that I make an attempt to smell it, in case you're wondering, but it just does.

I hope this didn't sound gross, but it's true. Maybe that's one of the reasons I don't drink it too much? :tongue

Dude.

Dude.

Where's my car?

LOL

So we've gone from a discussion on coffee to the finer details about lifesnotfair's piss to the movie Dude Where's my Car... LMAO :D

:laugh

So I'm really the only one who notices this??? Your noses don't work then. It only happens with coffee. Not with any other type of drink, and I've tried them all. Thought it was normal actually!

BTW, that movie sucked beyond belief.

That's very responsible :tongue I had to cut back recently. I love coffee. I can't imagine being addicted to something like cigarettes. Good plan though. If you're only having 2 cups, why not make 'em really strong :yikes

By the sounds of it they are and are too late in the day hence the bad sleep.

Probably is Mob, i usually lift/train grip around 5-6pm

8hrs of broken sleep last night, ah well a bit better...

Lifesnotfair can't say i analyse my urine that much - lol but it makes sense with coffee caffeine is a mild poison and therefore your body wants to excrete it i think caffeine is passed by urine

If you've upped your training frequency you would probably be best to drop your caffeine intake per day or even go off it completely every other training day or so. There is no point using a stimulant to up your training level if you cannot recover from the increased intensity properly due to broken sleep. You posted that you are about to start a new job - you will probably need all the sleep you can get over the next few weeks.

If you've upped your training frequency you would probably be best to drop your caffeine intake per day or even go off it completely every other training day or so. There is no point using a stimulant to up your training level if you cannot recover from the increased intensity properly due to broken sleep. You posted that you are about to start a new job - you will probably need all the sleep you can get over the next few weeks.

Good point mate.

Yep, i landed a job with 50hrs a week. Ontop of this i may be a doing a few hrs personal traning aswell for extra cash. Because of these commitments i am most likely going to drop training frequency anyway to 4-5 times a week. I've never needed that much sleep, 5 solid hrs and i'm good so i'm going to have plenty of training time left.

I wanted to make the most of having few commitments over the last few weeks and train most days (since the IG i have only had 3-4 days complete rest). This training was aimed at the #4 - and i got close by getting an RB330 that i rate at 3.8-3.9 to about 2mm.

fairly happy with today's session

GRIPPERS

LH - warmups, #3.5xvn, #4 BFNs, RB330N x 2 singles, #3 x 10 singles

Attempted a braced #4 close and got very, very close.

RH - warmups, RB330Nxvn, #3 x 15 singles most of these overcrushed aswell.

My bro mashed the trainer today easily. The kid's doing great :rock:

2 HAND PINCH

using my brand new bodypower 20kg discs and some scaffold tube through them to add weight. The discs are very smooth and unseasoned so i rubbed a bit of chalk in first. Then,

empty apparatus (45kg) x 8 x1

55kgx3

65kgx1

70kgx1,1,1,1

ROLLING THUNDER

85kgx3,3 easy enough

extensor work

Edited by CoC#3

fairly happy with today's session

GRIPPERS

LH - warmups, #3.5xvn, #4 BFNs, RB330N x 2 singles, #3 x 10 singles

Attempted a braced #4 close and got very, very close.

RH - warmups, RB330Nxvn, #3 x 15 singles most of these overcrushed aswell.

My bro mashed the trainer today easily. The kid's doing great :rock:

2 HAND PINCH

using my brand new bodypower 20kg discs and some scaffold tube through them to add weight. The discs are very smooth and unseasoned so i rubbed a bit of chalk in first. Then,

empty apparatus (45kg) x 8 x1

55kgx3

65kgx1

70kgx1,1,1,1

ROLLING THUNDER

85kgx3,3 easy enough

extensor work

Brilliant all round grip session Sam, well done!

Cheers Pete!

rubbed chalk into my 2hp setup tonight, felt a bit better this time round. Did a few lifts with 75kg on it.

Thanks Geo. I've been pleased with my progress on grippers lately.

today's session

RH -

#3x16x1 (a few clicks thrown into a few of these)

LH -

warmups

all inverted today

#3x1

#3x1

#3x5

#3x4

a few no sets with a #1 both hands.

pleased with this session - RH felt great today, like i could close that #3 forever, especially considering a long day (8-4) at work, poor diet as usual etc...