Online Reverse Bending Challenge?

David Horne

My training is paying off, especially the new training tool I've developed.

All for now,

David

Can you tell us more about your new training tool?

Whatever it is it sure seem to be working well for you. Great job on the recent bends!

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

• EricMilfeld

Gaster,

I don't want to yet as I'm only using the prototype, and will be getting the second prototype made soon. Once we have it sorted, then they will be ready. Wait and see, it is excellent, believe me!

David

27 Oct 06

Really pleased with todays training with Nick!

Bent;

Bent a 5.25" x 8mm CRS bar (calibrated at 300k) to 45 degrees.

then a Grade 8 bolt x 5" (from Sean Prince) to 17 degrees.

Red soon, anyone got any spares?

Also how harder is the FBBC bastard bar compared to a red?

All for now,

David

Thanks Bob, I still do all my PR bends with a reverse kink but now I also rely pretty heavily on DO to finish them off. I don't think it is quite 45 degrees if I took out the protractor but its a pretty darn big kink.

weee got a 6" grade 8 to 40 degrees today. Not bad being me :D

And the skin between the thumb and the indexfinger? ..there ain't any :S

Edited by Mats Erik

haven't been able to move anything reverse for awhile not even a 60d. Last night I got my first 5.5 G5 to 45. My DO training has been put on hold since I started taking reverse seriously but I am hitting pr's on hammers so it must be working..........

Great bend on that G8 David...........Crazy strong!!

I need some wrists!

burner

Well, I did a hard 60d to 45 degrees. Got about 10 degrees or so on a grade 5.

I am going to work this for a bit.

Did a little reverse Bending yesterday.

Though I got a new PR: 7 1/2" x 5/16" HRS from sweden (very hard, was a long time my PR in DU bending), I not very happy with my reverse bending lately, since I tried a G8 afterwards and all what happened was that I peeled my skin from my middle finger.

Nevertheless the HRS was an interesting bend because I needed about 5s before that thing finally started to kink.

Does HRS heat up without moving if you put enough pressure into it (yet not enough to actually bend it)?

Martin was highly confused watching that bend.

Did some easier reverse bends up to a G5 and all were horribly off center, looks like I'm holding the bar to high in my lefty.

Have to work on that since it for sure doesn't make the bend easier.

BTW:

Martin got the 6" G5 easily and missed the 5.5" G5 just a tiny bit due to his injury in his right wrist (capsule strainment). :bow

Bob,

No problem. I've found this exercise really good for strengthening my wrist and forearm. Plus I'm having fun!

David

2 Nov 06

Felt below par before I trained and yes it showed. But still carried on and finished my workload on my machine.

Bent a Grade 8 bolt x 5.5" to 12 degrees.

Bent a 5.25" x 8mm CRS bar (calibrated at 300k) to 15 degrees.

David

Took one of David's 235k challenge bars to 35 degrees.

-Sean

had a guy at work finally put down a 60d DO..........then I showed him a reverse 60d and he went absolutely bezerk, I did it with one strong sweep ............now I know I'm like the weakest guy on the board but this dude thinks I'm a god now...........funny how little the "regular" people know...........thanks for having this race Dave, I'm having a blast.

:mosher

burner

Edited by burner

burner,

I'm glad your having fun, boy so am I.

Bob,

Great news. I'll send that info to Franky and get it on the list. I think you'll do well at the Reverse bending with all the levering you do.

5 Nov 06

Great workout today with Nick McKinless.

Bent two 6" nails taped together to 70 degrees then finished.

Bent a Red to 10 degrees.

Bent a Grade 8 x 5.5" bolt to 50 degrees.

With all this bending my wrist now feels ready for armwrestling again, shame my shoulder isn't sorted yet.

David

Thanks David.

What sucks is that I am horrible at front levering. I think this reverse bending might cure that problem a little.

burner,

I'm glad your having fun, boy so am I.

Bob,

Great news. I'll send that info to Franky and get it on the list. I think you'll do well at the Reverse bending with all the levering you do.

5 Nov 06

Great workout today with Nick McKinless.

Bent two 6" nails taped together to 70 degrees then finished.

Bent a Red to 10 degrees.

Bent a Grade 8 x 5.5" bolt to 50 degrees.

With all this bending my wrist now feels ready for armwrestling again, shame my shoulder isn't sorted yet.

David

Amazing stuff David.

That G8 is very impressive.

Grade 5 6" today, damn close to 90.

5.5 grade to maybe 15.

Nice work Bob.

Soon you'll get that 5.5" G5.

Great bending guys! :rock Can anyone point me to some videos of a clearly visible Reverse style bend? I seem to remember seeing some quite a while back but I'd like to know if my form is anywhere near decent on this before I tear into it full steam. I am bending almost every day now so I might as well try to become a little more well rounded. Might save my shoulder from coming out again. Good times though.

Hey Dave do you switch hands ?.........I've been mostly using my right to do the front lever of reverse bending. The left is the problem, how should I throw in the weak side training so as not to disrupt my progrerss?

Edited by burner