• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• FrankyBoy

• bencrush

• EricMilfeld

Very good, especially for a 1. time bend. :blink

Thanks Franky, It was actually my second try at that. First one was just before the video to see if I could do it. :tongue So whats the next step after the 6" G5 that we are shooting for? 1/4"sq x7"? or 5.5 G5? I think I'm a long way from either.

- Aaron

I'd say (thats just a proposal)

5.5" G5

6" G8

5.5" G8

7"x1/4" square FBBC

6.5" x1/4" square FBBC

7" Red

:whacked

That list is based on the fact that we 'only' do the kink, that elimates the hard crushdown on G8s.

5.5 G5 warped.......I did a 12.5 sledge last night , so I wonder what kind of lever you need to do a red this way?

5.5 G5 warped.......I did a 12.5 sledge last night , so I wonder what kind of lever you need to do a red this way?

A beastly one IMO. I have to admit doing a red reverse style is pretty damn impressive to me. I ordered another 25pack of reds from IM today. I think I'm gonna work the heslep style bends too. Anyone besides Tommy done better than a yellow like that?

- Aaron

During a visit today Flo did bend a 6" G5 reverse style to about 65°. :rock

Heslep style is arms out at chest level right? Brookfeild did them waist level to If I remember correctly. :whacked

Brookfeild waist level bend is different and easier the way Heslep does.

Did some serious training towards rev. bending during the visit of Florian today:

Got a 6" x 5/16" HRS (reverse) down which felt far above a 6" G5.

Probably shouldn't tell it (but I'm pretty happy with this PR) but Flo, definately not weak in the wrists tried that bar DU and reverse and handed it then to me (straight). That was after his G5 demolition:

Video of Flo hurting a G5

Besides this a lot of front levers for my right hand which is the 'pushing' (upper) hand in reverse bends for me.

Edited by FrankyBoy

Did some serious training towards rev. bending during the visit of Florian today:

Got a 6" x 5/16" HRS (reverse) down which felt far above a 6" G5.

Probably shouldn't tell it (but I'm pretty happy with this PR) but Flo, definately not weak in the wrists tried that bar DU and reverse and handed it then to me (straight). That was after his G5 demolition:

Video of Flo hurting a G5

Besides this a lot of front levers for my right hand which is the 'pushing' (upper) hand in reverse bends for me.

WOW!! Huge PR FRANK!! :rock:rock:rock:rock

15 Sept 06

Success with;

Bent a 6" x 8mm HRS bar (calibrated at 225k) to 90 degrees.

Failed with;

Grade 5 bolt x 5.5" to 50 degrees. Didn't have a 6" bolt available.

David

15 Sept 06

Failed with;

Grade 5 bolt x 5.5" to 50 degrees. Didn't have a 6" bolt available.

David

Uh, that was close.

Great bend, nevertheless.

I find it hard to get to 60° with 5.5" stock.

Franky,

Yes it was close, and my bending hand was rammed right against my other hand. So maybe it would be best to do the shorter than 6" bends to say 45-50 degrees. What does everyone think?

The HRS bars bend quite differently to CRS and grade 5 bolts. They bend more rounded at the bend allowing it not to squash on the thumb webbing area. So I think it's easier to bend these at a shorter length than the others mentioned.

David

Thats the reason it was decided to go only for 45° in the reverse bend sub event at the germany bending championship.

45° is fine for me.

Can you guys bend a cut 5 1/2'' blue nail to well beyond 60 degrees reverse style (I certainly can in a single motion)? If the answer to that question is yes then we all know what is preventing you from doing the same with a 5/16'' CRS at the same length. A bit like the TNS/hand size debate.

I can bend harder stock than a 5.5" G5 if its only long enough so it shouldn't be the lack of wrist strength as you seem to imply.

I think I can bend a 5.5" Blue reverse but I have to press it into the meat between the thumb and the index of the holding hand while my knuckles of the bending hand are already touching the wrist of the holding hand.

Is that a 60D bright common???

If so I owe you some :bow:bow

Yep one of those. My previous best was a yellow nail so I was pretty excited.

- Aaron

To get anything to a 60 degree bend I have to press my fingers into the thumb area, and to secure the 60 degree bend beyond this I take my fingers away and push with my hand. Especially with bolts as they bounce back out of the bend.

I think the 45 degree bend rule the germans are using in their bending champs is well thought out and is all wrist and an excellent display of reverse bending.

This is the way I will be training on this in the future, everyone else can please themselves.

Thanks Franky for your thoughts as they mirrored mine.

David

Good job David.

Will be interesting to see when the first G8s fall. :yikes