New Log On The Quest For The Number 4!

I really like CG Bench, it hits the triceps hard and doesn't bother my chest or shoulder. Never tried on an incline or decline though. However like Sam Solomi said, I have big triceps with the chest of a 12 year old girl :D Not that I care, but that's what happens when you do all CG work!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wes

• unseenbeat

• lifesnotfair

• Timmy

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like CG Bench, it hits the triceps hard and doesn't bother my chest or shoulder. Never tried on an incline or decline though. However like Sam Solomi said, I have big triceps with the chest of a 12 year old girl :D Not that I care, but that's what happens when you do all CG work!

Hey, I've got a decent chest, and the only thing I do directly for my chest is dips

Exactly- You used to do a lot of varieties of pushups though. When I do pushups, I always did diamonds and still do. I can do more diamonds than regular width LOL

I just think it's cuz I'm the better man. Besides that, I keep my muscles scared of me, as I'll beat the hell out of them if they let themselves get out of shape.

Friday night got moved to this upcoming friday, as Scott's girl got in a fight with her mom, and thus wasn't allowed to do anything all weekend, aside from accompany her mom. Saturday night was straight though, had a good party at Curtis' house.

Friday night got moved to this upcoming friday, as Scott's girl got in a fight with her mom, and thus wasn't allowed to do anything all weekend, aside from accompany her mom. Saturday night was straight though, had a good party at Curtis' house.

You guys know about Rule #3 right?

A reminder:

(3. The GripBoard is NOT a personal message system. That's what email and the PM system is for.)

Thanks

Hi Wes,

Is the RT training detrimental or beneficial to your gripper strength? I'd be interested to see your opinion on this.

Duncan

You guys know about Rule #3 right?

A reminder:

(3. The GripBoard is NOT a personal message system. That's what email and the PM system is for.)

Thanks

Sorry bossman, I think you've gotten onto me about this before. :whacked

Sorry 'bout that Rick

Hi Wes,

Is the RT training detrimental or beneficial to your gripper strength? I'd be interested to see your opinion on this.

Duncan

Doesn't seem to be hurting it for now. I have heard it will slow gripper progress in the beginning, but in the long run it will help a lot. Especially with the sweep. It seems that all the guys with a good RT are also good at grippers, so we will see..

Got a story for ya'll today.. I was at wrestling practice, and the coach wasn't there today, so they were just playing games to lose weight like dodgeball and four corners. I didn't really feel like playing, so I went to run a few stadiums at our football field. After about 10 or so, I busted my ass on the way up, but felt all right. About 15 stadiums later, I hear something squishing in my shoe and it turns out that when I fell, I put a 6 inch gash in my leg and my sock and the top of my shoe is soaked in blood, hence the squelching :blink Didn't even hurt until I started walking back! Weird stuff.

Edited by Wes

Arghh, ran out of time to edit, cuz I forgot some stuff.

As for regular lifting, I felt like crap today. Did a couple of sets of 10 with 95lbs in the seated press behind the neck and then a couple sets of really CG bench w/185. Just couldn't do any real weight today. Same with grippers, I was doing reps with my filed #3, and only managed a couple sets of 5 opening wider than paralell. :cry Some days you have it and some days you don't.

Messed around with the grippers today...

Hydraulic 3 close

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/116086333..._387_842424.wmv

TNS Josh Dale's Dud, Holding the spring

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/116086333..._387_610030.wmv

MMS Josh Dale's Dud, was pretty tired

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/116086333...2_387_45862.wmv

#4 close in wider than paralell setting in the PDA Choker (holdin spring)

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/116086333...2_387_60804.wmv

4 close in paralell choker (holdin' spring)

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/116086333..._387_863778.wmv

I feel good, da na na na na...

Edited by Wes

Wes, you're getting crazy, if there is anyone to close a Pro is you. Well done!!!!

Hi, Wes, I just noticed you do Closegrip Bench, pretty strong, too. I just wanted to say that it's my favorite bench assist exercise; I don't think anything else other than bench itself ever helped me out nearly as much to get stronger from around 250 to 400. I almost never see anyone with a very strong, or very "close grip," closegrip bench. It's pleasing to see you're doing well over 115 or 135, unlike most people!

Thanks guys :rock

I did some 2 hand plate pinch today, the humidity was perfect and my hands felt like they were made of fly paper today.

90 for a 20 second hold as a warmup

140x3 reps

150x2 reps

160x1 rep PR!!!!

170 up about 5 inches.. HUMONGOUS PR!!!

Finshed off with some one hand 2 45 negatives.

As for other lifting, I did 5x5 with 185 on the Bench Press today, with strict form and a 1 second pause at the chest on every rep. That pause makes benching a LOT harder! I'm hoping to get into raw PLing, but I can't train squats or deads properly with the sorry state my backs in now :(

I have heard you mention your back before......what exactly happened to it?

Be careful man, your back is an awful thing to have injured.

You know Ivar, I really don't remember. It's been that way since September though, I probably should go to the doc about it

You know Ivar, I really don't remember. It's been that way since September though, I probably should go to the doc about it

Having back problems at your age, you better go to the doc.