New Log On The Quest For The Number 4!

You know Ivar, I really don't remember. It's been that way since September though, I probably should go to the doc about it

That's what you get for being freakin 6'6" at age 17 :tongue

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wes

• unseenbeat

• lifesnotfair

• Timmy

Top Posters In This Topic

6'6"? more like 6'4", though when ya get that tall, who's counting?

I will have you know, son, that the good lady at then doctor's office said I was 6'5 barefooted a couple of months ago. :tongue I am giving myself the liberty of shoes though :D

I will have you know, son, that the good lady at then doctor's office said I was 6'5 barefooted a couple of months ago. :tongue I am giving myself the liberty of shoes though :D

I was measured 6'2" in 2 different officers, yet, I am only 6' 1 3/8" ......

I asked him that not too long ago, I think he said 3/8".

Ya, he got abotu 1/2" after doing all those vids, so about 3/8" is about right.

Had a frig-all awesome workout today. Warmed up with a borrowed #2 (Prob 10 TNS's either hand), switched to the double filed #3, did probably 5 paralell reps, also warmup. Then some wide set closes as well with the 3. Then hit Josh Dale's MM1 dud for probably 10 singles, all MMS. And here's the kicker, I was planning on ending the workout, but decided to give the 4 a squeeze. GOT IT TO 1/4'' WITH A MMS!!! PR :mosher

Found a cool quote too

"If you're afraid of dying, and you're holdin' on, you'll see the

devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the

devils are really angels , freein' you from the earth"

-- Jacob's Ladder

Edited by Wes

Save some for that MM1 cert buddy! Who am I kiddin' yer gonna rock that thing.

Wes if you had gone for the no.4 before you did all those MM1 singles you might of gotten it closer?

Thanks guys, Pete, I don't know if I would have gotten any closer really, that last bit is crazy hard. And lifesnotfair, I can close a filed #3 with a MMS left hand on a good day, so it doesn't do much with a 4.

Did the MM1 today, it got killed. First close was wider than paralell, second was TNS which I wasn't sure, but Tim thought it was, and the third was around or slightly less than CCS. Afterward I did 8 reps, closed it with 2 fingers (deep set) and did a 15lb straphold for time. (I tried a 25 first, and got it off the ground, but it slipped out, so I switched to 15 for the vid.) Everything but the actual cert and straphold is in the gallery. :rock

Did the MM1 today, it got killed. First close was wider than paralell, second was TNS which I wasn't sure, but Tim thought it was, and the third was around or slightly less than CCS. Afterward I did 8 reps, closed it with 2 fingers (deep set) and did a 15lb straphold for time. (I tried a 25 first, and got it off the ground, but it slipped out, so I switched to 15 for the vid.) Everything but the actual cert and straphold is in the gallery. :rock

You Sir, are a FREAK!!! :bow

I can't see any of that in your gallery. Was it easier than jad's MM1 hard dud?

The mashmonsters cert grippers are not different. Everyone closes the same MM1 grippers, MM2 gripper and so on. That what makes the cert proces special, because everyone gets a chance on the same grippers, from US to germany.. etc.. And if there were different grippers a certification wouldn't make any sense.

Thanks everyone! Josh's MM1 dud is way, way harder than than than the real thing. If you can close a #3 with authority, then you should sign up for the MM1.

Edited by Wes

I'm going to start training to lift my old style original york 50lb blob, and I'm setting a goal to lift it in 30 days, kind of a challenge.

11-6-06

Approx 20 negs on the blob B/H (deadlift with other hand helping, and then let go with other hand), best effort was 4 second hold with no assistance from other hand.

Add weight to the blob when you do negatives. This way when you try to lift the blob it will feel lighter. I did this, and got the blob within a week :D

Decided to throw in a crazy workout today

100 pullups

100 pushups

100 squats

100 situps

100 burpees

I didn't time it, but it took a friggin while. I think I'm gonna die

Edited by Wes