Decided to throw in a crazy workout today

100 pullups

100 pushups

100 squats

100 situps

100 burpees

I didn't time it, but it took a friggin while. I think I'm gonna die

DON'T DIE!! YOU'll NEVER CERT THE #4!

What exactly is a burpee? I think I may try this sometime and see how long it takes me.

On a side note just confirming those were indeed PULLups and not CHINups.

A silly question, what's the difference between a pullup and a chinup?

A pullup your palms face away from you and a chinup your palms face towards you.

Crap, I was hoping that you were doing chinups so I could do them in 5X20, but I don't think I can do 5X20 pullups with only small rests between. Now that I think about it, my pullups PR(30) is only 2 off of my chinups PR(32) so maybe I could.

At gymnastics we call burpees "squat thrust with a pushup". I had a feeling that those were what you were talking about, very cruel exercise.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Damn straight about being cruel! :laugh

Did a short gripper workout today

Double filed #3 for a couple wider than paralell reps, then for 5 CCS singles. Missed a CCS lefty by a gnats ass. Odd, because I don't train my left hand as much as I should and closing a #3 with any kind of set mainly depends on the weather and phase of the moon. Switched to the Elite, hit it for 6 singles righty, slightly wide set. Went to the Super Elite with a MMS, first attempt was the best. I swear to God I've seen hairs thicker than the distance between those handles :ohmy Next 4 attempts were between a quarter and an eighth. I was going to switch back to the elite for singles, but I had to make dinner and by the time I was done, my hands had "cooled" off and were pretty worthless.

Damn straight about being cruel! :laugh

Did a short gripper workout today

Double filed #3 for a couple wider than paralell reps, then for 5 CCS singles. Missed a CCS lefty by a gnats ass. Odd, because I don't train my left hand as much as I should and closing a #3 with any kind of set mainly depends on the weather and phase of the moon. Switched to the Elite, hit it for 6 singles righty, slightly wide set. Went to the Super Elite with a MMS, first attempt was the best. I swear to God I've seen hairs thicker than the distance between those handles :ohmy Next 4 attempts were between a quarter and an eighth. I was going to switch back to the elite for singles, but I had to make dinner and by the time I was done, my hands had "cooled" off and were pretty worthless.

Nice work on the BBSE! :rock

So your BBSE is what it's supossed to be - easier than your No. 4, right?

How is it compared to the BBE? Can you rep the BBE yet?

To answer your questions, yes but not by much, a lot harder, yes. And thanks Matt.

Hey, I'm just glad to see you're giving that gripper a ride. Great work! :devil

Decided to do a bit of supporting grip work today, I don't really ever train it directly and it's important in strongman, so here it goes. These are double overhand lockouts (3'' ROM) on an olympic bar, no hook grip or straps, just chalk.

225x20 sec

315x10 sec

385x5 sec

435x5 sec

455x5 sec

475x5 sec

495x5 sec

505x5 sec Ran outta plates here, need to buy more

Then switched to axle (smooth pipe, no knurling), double overhand, no straps (Bar weighs ~25)

205x5

295x5

365x5

415x5 seconds, BIG PR :yikes

435, leaned back too much and thumbs came off, so I won't count it.

If my buddy comes by later, I'll try and get a pic of the 415 with his camera

What excercise is that? I mean, you said supporting grip, which is kindof like the grip to do a farmer's walk, right? But how were you lifting that? And what were you doing, deadlifts?

Yeah, supporting is used on farmers walk and holding on to bars like in a deadlift or clean. These are like 3'' deadlifts. I can't do anything from the floor because of my back, so I just pull off something high, so I can still get a good workout for my hands.

They were three inch range of motion lockouts. I.e. the top three inches of a deadlift.

Nice work Wes. I can't even imagine what you will become capable of if you are at the stage of closing a #4 at around 18. So much time and so many grippers!

EDIT: Didn't see Wes's description above before i posted.

Edited by bunchofbananas

Ah, I won't bring the camera by later today, but I will witness a heavy lockout. I'd like to see if I can get 300 from the ground on that thang.

Errrr.... Because I already have one from IM.... :yikes A few pages back I mention using it

Edited by Wes

Last weekend I finally got around to setting a 4x4 post in concrete outside by my workout area, and I dusted off the secret weapon and bolted it to the 4x4 as a permanent fixture.

35x2 both hands, couldn't even feel this

70x3 both hands, startin' to feel it a bit more (this is around a 3 IMO, but it's kind of hard to tell because the handles on the SW are shaved so much)

90lbs for 10 holds each hand. This is a good weight for now, I can hold it very close to closed at BTR.

Some wide #3 closes afterwards (~CCS), got a wide set #3 lefty a few times and got it right all of them. The 3 feels so ridiculously easy after all that SW stuff.

Screwed with my york 50 blob today, did a bunch of holds and negs. Hit a big pr in holding it without any assistance from the other hand with a slight tilt for about 6 seconds. Got about an inch of air with it too.