New Log On The Quest For The Number 4!

Haven't posted here in a while, but Aug 29 I managed to close my #4 in a paralell choker holding the spring, and was somewhere between 1/4'' and a 1/8th off without holding it.

Yesterday's workout

Warmup Filed #3 hold 10 secs

Filed #3 reps in a wider than paralell choker (faster than setting it all the time) mostly sets of 5

Total Reps = 101

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wes

• unseenbeat

• lifesnotfair

• Timmy

Top Posters In This Topic

The elite for me is a bit too hard to do high volume on (near max attempt), so I use the next gripper down, and when I get to around to where I can do 15-20 reps with the #3, I'll switch to the elite.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, how's your progress?

Your elite is "near" max attempt, or it was 2 weeks ago from what I read up there. How far are you on the #4? And second question: when you close the #4 doing negatives, how much does it open?

I haven't done #4 negs for a while, but they really don't help the close. My sweep got WAY stronger, but my close stayed the same. When I started doing hi reps on the filed #3, my close started to get better. The elite was something I could close only on good days, but now, I can close it most any time and I hit a PR of holding it shut for 8 seconds :rock I'll have to get back to you on how far it opens-

Have you ever tried strapholds? I think they help with the close. Strapholds with an Elite, that would be sweet.

BTW, I wanna see a video of you shutting the Elite. Can you TNS it yet? :P

Did a vid of a red bend Friday, lifted 190 on a thick handled dumbell as well messing around. I was joking around and used my buds velcro collars as wrist wraps and levered a 16 lb sledge twice. First time was loose, second time was pretty strict. Wrist wraps add a crazy amount to what you can lever, considering my best without is around 12! Hands were too shot from bending and thickbar to mess w/ gripper though.

Did a vid of a red bend Friday, lifted 190 on a thick handled dumbell as well messing around. I was joking around and used my buds velcro collars as wrist wraps and levered a 16 lb sledge twice. First time was loose, second time was pretty strict. Wrist wraps add a crazy amount to what you can lever, considering my best without is around 12! Hands were too shot from bending and thickbar to mess w/ gripper though.

*Cough*I onbly saw one lever and it wasn't strict at all*HACK*I'm an Ump, so you can't mess with my call*COUGH*

*COUGH* Your ass was busy squatting pansy weight *COUGH* :D

Hey now, I think if anyone here don't need to be talking about pansy weight it's you! :tongue

I did a whole crapload of grippers yesterday, closed my #3 a LOT, didn't really count reps or anything though, and did a lot of holds as well. BUT I did get my Ivanko Super Gripper today, and after spending 1/2 a goddam hour putting the springs on closed it on the 10-12 345lb setting with both hands (also inverted righty), but left handed I had to hold onto the frame to keep it from moving around. Anyone with an ISG know how good this is?

I tried for max filed #3 reps today and here it went (paralell reps)-

No warmup x8 reps

x12 reps PR!!!!!

x10

x8

I really need to become more well rounded, so I'm going to start doing some RT and pinch and work on bending. Some goals are 225 RT (180 or so current), 180 2 Hand Plate Pinch (140-150 current), and a 5.5'' Red or Bastard (7'' Red current, but I know I'm capable of a 6.5'')

Real Name- Wes Peart

Goals for this year-

Go out with Amanda Hell yeah!

Close the #4

Pinch 2 45's

"Long live the weeds and the wilderness!" -- Ed Abbey, 1927-1989

Glad to see you got your self a girl Wes :tongue

I think that is the funniest thing I have seen in goals for the year LMAO

How is that BB elite coming?

Edited by Ivarboneless

Hehe, I think it's more important than closing some pansy gripper, after all a man's gotta have his priorities in order :D As for that elite, I can kill it on workout days (can't quite do it "whenever" yet) and it's a monster :rock

Hehe, I think it's more important than closing some pansy gripper, after all a man's gotta have his priorities in order :D As for that elite, I can kill it on workout days (can't quite do it "whenever" yet) and it's a monster :rock

Same here!

If you want to know a monster, check out my SE..... The beast is mounted flush, and the spread measures 2 7/8"! However, the main difficulty is the binding that I can't even remove with oil!

How hard would you say yours was? Before I changes the mounting on mine, it was harder than my #4 (which isn't an easy one!)