• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wes

• unseenbeat

• lifesnotfair

• Timmy

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy, I set it around paralell and mash it against my leg and try and keep it from opening-

Wow I had an awesome vacation, we went up to Bryson City, NC and camped until Thursday, and then we drove up to Tommy Heslep's place in VA. I tried the inch without any warmup and could lift it like 1/2'' off the ground before it rolled out :laugh But if I lifted with both and let go with one I could hold it for a second or so before it rolled out. I really didn't mess with it that much, but it did manage to rip part of my thumbnail up when it rolled. We talked for a bit, and Tommy ripped a deck and bent a horshoe barehanded :blink and showed me some of his amazing scrolls. Then we tried some grippers, and I was about embarrassed how weak my hands felt with grippers, I couldn't even close a #3, but I had fun trying some different ones. He no-setted my hard elite, and I don't even think his hands were up to full strength that day :blink With a bit of coaching on how to bend DO, I managed a ~25 degree bend in a red (second time I've tried one), and I know that I can finish it when my hands heal up. I also bent a spiral, bright 60d and a 6'' grade 5 bolt DO. I managed a sloppy spiral with my hands held out in front of me as well. An incredibly strong and nice guy, and a pretty good magician as well :D . if you're reading this Tommy, thanks again :rock

Sounds like you had a good time over there Wes. :rock

Your a lucky guy to meet Tommy and train with him!

How long does your negative workout take Wes? When I was doing high volume they would take me up to an hour and fourty minutes!

It usually takes me several hours- I wouldn't think doing them really close together would have that much of a benefit

It usually takes me several hours- I wouldn't think doing them really close together would have that much of a benefit

You should try some inverted closes and negs, I like them, and w/ your strength Im sure they couldnt hurt, deinantly help w/ setting that monster to.

I do inverts occasionally. When they are set around paralell I like the way they feel more than regular closes.

Lucky guy, meeting Tommy and everything! :)

Keep up the good work, I wanna see the hydraulic close of the #4 soon! :P

Really? I thought that's what the benefits came from.

My hands are still messed up, but I did grippers anyway. No HV negs though, my hands aren't quite up to it yet.

LH

Choked filed #3 singles x 4

Elite Negs x 10

RH

Choked filed 3 x 5 reps

Choked hard elite x 2 singles in 1'' choker PR

~3/8'' Mounted Super Elite choked x 2 singles HUGE PR it was originally a flush or below flush mount (harder than 2 other 4's that I know of!), but I took the pins out and changed the mount myself. I don't really know quite what to rate it, pretty hard though. My hands aren't taking any more today. The other day I did do a couple of 5 second holds with 85 lbs on the gripinator which would translate to 340lbs of pressure

oh yeah, some sledge walking too

Edited by Wes

My hands are still messed up, but I did grippers anyway. No HV negs though, my hands aren't quite up to it yet.

LH

Choked filed #3 singles x 4

Elite Negs x 10

RH

Choked filed 3 x 5 reps

Choked hard elite x 2 singles in 1'' choker PR

~3/8'' Mounted Super Elite choked x 2 singles HUGE PR it was originally a flush or below flush mount (harder than 2 other 4's that I know of!), but I took the pins out and changed the mount myself. I don't really know quite what to rate it, pretty hard though. My hands aren't taking any more today. The other day I did do a couple of 5 second holds with 85 lbs on the gripinator which would translate to 340lbs of pressure

oh yeah, some sledge walking too

If your hands are sore, take a while off.

That's buff that you altered the BBSE yourself! I wish I was handy. What do you think of the Gripanator?

Modding wasn't that hard really Josh, all you have to do is take a 5/32 punch and knock the pins out, and then you can JB Weld the handles to whatever depth you want- I tried drilling another hole, but after a minute or so of drilling the spring was just scratched, so that got scrapped! The Gripinator is just plain badass. The angles are right to simulate a gripper, and it lets you train the different areas of your strength. Got a weak sweep? No problem, just load up more weight than you use for a close and hold it. You could develop an INSANE sweep with if you choosed to train your sweep with heavy poundages. Likewise with the close. I'll definitely look forward to using this when my hands heal up. They have that same kind of deep down ache I got when I got a boxers fracture, so if it continues after a week or so, it's off for xrays. :( That would suck horrible.

I hope that it doesn't turn out to be anything that would take long to heal.

(Yesterday's Workout)

Barbell press

135x3

145x3

155x3

165x3

175x1

Behind the Neck Press (BB)

95x10 Just something to finish off with

Reverse Oly Bar Curls (my favorite )

45x20

65x5