New Log On The Quest For The Number 4!

How hard would you say yours was? Before I changes the mounting on mine, it was harder than my #4 (which isn't an easy one!)

From my personal analysis, I would have to say the SE has a stouter sweep, while the #4 has a slightly harder close.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wes

• unseenbeat

• lifesnotfair

• Timmy

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird, on mine the sweep was easier and the close was harder

Well, I am going to get an attempt on camera - then do the same with my #4. This way, I will spot the differences.

How hard would you say yours was? Before I changes the mounting on mine, it was harder than my #4 (which isn't an easy one!)

Hey Wes, Why did you change the mounting on the SE?

It was harder than a #4, so it wasn't really useful to me. Changing the mounting made it a more manageable 3.6 or so, just harder than Jad's dud.

Why? Mine's not any different, it's actually harder than the couple others I've tried. Not to mention the knurling is gone is some spots.

Edited by Wes

Why? Mine's not any different, it's actually harder than the couple others I've tried. Not to mention the knurling is gone is some spots.

Its just my #4 is light years away from ALL my other grippers even the GE, the Pro is its only friend.

Yesterday I did some reps on the 3, mabye 5 sets smallest set was 8 and best was 11. Bunch of CCS width singles as well. Did a little RT, did 180 (which was my best a while back) and then stacked a 10 on for a 190 PR. Got 200 moving but couldn't quite lock it out. I think 195-200 is a good possibility fresh :rock I cleaned out the sleeve before starting as well.

Yesterday I did some reps on the 3, mabye 5 sets smallest set was 8 and best was 11. Bunch of CCS width singles as well. Did a little RT, did 180 (which was my best a while back) and then stacked a 10 on for a 190 PR. Got 200 moving but couldn't quite lock it out. I think 195-200 is a good possibility fresh :rock I cleaned out the sleeve before starting as well.

WES!!!!!

Grab that #3 and throw it in the bin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should concentrate on repping that Elite - or some solid attempts at the #4 and force the handles in if you can't quite get it.

I agree with Timmy, if you're doing 8 reps minimun for 5 sets, and you're doing many singles at CCS width, you should include more the Elite in your workout, at least for singles if you can't rep it yet!

BTW, I have a question. I remember a while back you failed on your cert; you said the cert gripper was way harder than your own #3, my question is: is the #3 you're doing all this reps with, the same one you owned at the moment of failing on the cert gripper?

Decided to try and do a full pinch session today, I think this is the second time ever LOL. I'm going to start pinching regularly with the ultimate goal of 2 45's.

One hand pinch on WIDE 25's (3.5'' across) I just put a pipe thru and added collars

RH

55x3

65x3 PR

75x2 PR

80x1 HYUGE PR

LH

Don't really remember all sets, but top weight was 70 PR

2 Hand Plate Pinch (my hands were pretty tired by now)

145x3 PR (IIRC previous was like 140 or so for 1)

Was feeling stoked, so I put on 160 but missed it.

Hub Work

35lb plate hub snatch right hand x 3 PR, clean left hand x 3 PR

Messed with my 45 hub and could get it to slide around a bit, but it is a crazy shallow hub!

All these PR's are kinda freakin' me out because I never do pinch, so either grippers or what I've been doing in Carpentry is helping. A LOT. :blink

---------

Also got some more bending supplies from the HW store. Got some 3/8th's aluminum and bent a 6'' and a 5'' piece. It feels neat to bend something 3/8ths :D

Edited by Wes

Don't know, my 35's are crazy (when I got em they were painted with black gloss, and they're wide as hell! They're starting to season up a bit now though). I've never lifted them to full lockout

Edited by Wes

Don't know, my 35's are crazy (when I got em they were painted with black gloss, and they're wide as hell! They're starting to season up a bit now though). I've never lifted them to full lockout

i know my plates are all like that. Even my 5kg(11lb) ones.

Edited by CoC#3

Bent a 4.5'' x 3/8th's piece of aluminum yesterday, and it was friggin HARD. Harder than a red on the crushdown. Kink was similar though. It's RT day, so here it goes (I clean the inside of the handle every session, so it revolves well. All weights are not including the handle)

Warmup, 3 singles CCS width on filed 3 and 5 reps both hands w/ 135 on RT

Working Weight

155x2 BH

180x3 solid reps BH

Went for the gold and put on 200 and lifted it to full lockout, but only right handed

Seeing as Laine Snook has has good luck with Hi-rep RT, I'm going to give it a try

155x12 reps BH, resetting handle for every rep

165x12 reps RH only RHFER

Wrist work today was swinging a hammer in carpentry for a couple hours during school. We build a house from ground to roof every year, and it's an awesome program. Were just getting the exterior plywood on now. :rock

Edited by Wes

Forgot to add some other stuff. The other day at wrestling practice, I think I tore some part of my pec (the inner part) because every time I take a deep breath I get a bad pain there, and it's too high for a broken rib. It's still doing it a bit, but not that stabbing pain that it was. My back is starting to heal (about damn time!!) it's been screwed up since mid September. Only within the last few days have I been able to even lean my torso forward, or pick up just about anything without pain. It's pretty messed up when your happy you can finally pick up an empty EZ curl bar off the floor without bracing on something. The shoulder injury has finally calmed down as well, it hasn't been bothering me any lately unless I bench wide which is great cuz I don't bench wide anyway. Here's my workout at school

CG Bench, Strict (hands are mabye 5-6 inches apart, any wider and my chest and shoulder complain) 1-2 minutes B/T sets

135x10

155x8

165x3

185x3

205x3

Lying French Presses? These are kind of like skullcrushers, but I drop it behind my head while laying on a bench.

65x15

85x10

105x3

85x10

Right on the sternum Michael-

Nice! Thats strong w/ 205. Ive been doing alot of CG stuff lately, Im really likeing inclined and declined. Im really trying get stronger at takeing the flat CG to the chin, really tax's the wrist's and elbows though.