Teemu I

1. Barbell squat 

- working towards decent depth

4x8x60 kg

2. Barbell clean & press

2x5x50 kg

Trained grippers between sets

Right: 

Choker work: BBSE @ 23 mm 1 x 3 sec hold, @ 25 mm 2 x 3 sec hold, @ 27 mm 2 x failure

Deep set @ 202 lbs #4, 1 x 2 mm miss

Left: 

Choked IGDA 

4,8,10 2 x 3 sec hold

1,7,12 1 x 3 sec hold

3,6,12 1 x 3 sec hold, 1 x 5 sec hold

Getting closer to big boy grippers. 

1. BB Military press

5,10,8,6,6 x 50 kg

2. BB Rows

3 x 15 x 50 kg

3. BB Curls

2 x 5 x 50 kg

4. Plate Curls

2 x 5 x 10 kg

Grip between sets

Right:

Choker work: BBSE @ 27 mm 5 x 1 x 1mm miss, all attempts forced in

Couple of power sets on FBBC 5X.

Left:

Choked IGDA

3,6,12 5 x 3 sec hold

Couple of power sets on BBSE

Notes: Grip felt really slow. Not sure if it's too much or too little Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce over the last few days. :ph34r:

Notes: Grip felt really slow. Not sure if it's too much or too little Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce over the last few days. :ph34r:

This made me laugh a little too loud at work!

1. Barbell squat

- working towards decent depth

4x8x60 kg

2. Barbell clean & press

2x5x50 kg

Trained grippers between sets

Right:

Choker work: BBSE @ 23 mm 1 x 3 sec hold, @ 25 mm 2 x 3 sec hold, @ 27 mm 2 x failure

Deep set @ 202 lbs #4, 1 x 2 mm miss

Left:

Choked IGDA

4,8,10 2 x 3 sec hold

1,7,12 1 x 3 sec hold

3,6,12 1 x 3 sec hold, 1 x 5 sec hold

Getting closer to big boy grippers.

Nice deep setting #4 work

Grippers

Right: 

Choker work: BBSE @ 27 mm 4 x 1, 2 closes, 2 near closes, missed attempts forced in. 

Left: 

Choked IGDA 

4 x 1 x 3 sec hold

Secret Weapon

4 x 3 x 20 kg BFN

RT

1 x 20 x 50 kg

1 x 12 x 65 kg

I think you should show some appreciation towards my fine craftsmanship. I think we have only touched a surface of what a man can do with duct tape etc. You know, this is how MacGyver did his "negatives".

20120801-133145.jpg

• Like 2

1. Secret Weapon

- It took me long to figure out a suitable combination of plates, chain and band resistance. Lost count of how many sets I did.

2. Thick handle (63 mm thick pvc-handle on a 50 mm solid iron bar) dumbbell deadlifts

I started with 40 kg and worked up to getting some air with 80 kg (75 kg with left). It's been a while since I've had the pleasure of writing PR here. One of my goals is of course to lift Inch and I'd say I am on my way to it.

I think you should show some appreciation towards my fine craftsmanship. I think we have only touched a surface of what a man can do with duct tape etc. You know, this is how MacGyver did his "negatives".

20120801-133145.jpg

Teemu, what would be the idea behind this evil contraption add ons? New SW style training?

Chains and bands will help to mimick the strength curve of torsion spring grippers. That's it.

• Like 2

Yesterday evening workout:

1. Weighted Chin-ups

2 x 3 x BW (84 kg) + 34 kg

2 x 3 x BW + 24 kg

2. Barbell shrugs

Worked up to 12 x 100 kg

1. Reverse Wrist Curls

4 x 12x 35 kg

2. Mounted Wrist Roller 63 mm Diameter

6 sets to both directions

3. Thick Dumbbell Hammer Curls

3 x 6 x 20 kg

4. Thick Dumbbell Curls 

3 x 6 x 20 kg

Guest Squat More

Strong stuff brotherman. I am planning on using chains and bands with my Rolling Thunder training eventually, Juha showed me how he did it with RT and 2hp.

1. Choked BBSE

191 lbs @18 mm 1x5 sec hold

191 lbs @24 mm 3x1x1mm miss

2. Barbell Wrist Curls

4x2x70 kg

1. Gripper power sets

3 singles with BB Pro

2. Gripper isometrics @ 30 mm setting

3 singles, 6 seconds each

1. Choker closes

191 lbs @24 mm 1x5 sec hold

191 lbs @27 mm 2x5 sec hold

197 lbs @20 mm 1x1 miss

2. Barbell Wrist Curls

1x3x70 kg

1x2x72,5 kg

1x1x75 kg

3. Gripper Power Sets

3x1xBB Pro

Notes: small break was a good idea.

Edited by Teemu I

1. Choker closes

197 lbs @21 mm 3x1, slightly missed all attempts

2. Gripper Power Sets

3x1xBB Pro

Notes: Setting seems to be getting easier. Kept this quite short as I want to recover properly for Saturday. Maybe another short but light session on Thursday.

1. Choker closes

197 lbs @21 mm 3x1, slightly missed all attempts

2. Gripper Power Sets

3x1xBB Pro

Notes: Setting seems to be getting easier. Kept this quite short as I want to recover properly for Saturday. Maybe another short but light session on Thursday.

I noticed your gradually upping the grippers you use in a choker...is that helping your BB Pro closes, what's the Pro rated? Solid workout listed here

I noticed your gradually upping the grippers you use in a choker...is that helping your BB Pro closes, what's the Pro rated? Solid workout listed here

The reason I am gradually upping the grippers I use in a choker is of course the fact that I am getting stronger. :) I am presently switching up on grippers as soon as I get a close quite easily from 27 mm - 30 mm range. Goal is to choker close 213 lbs #4 @ 27-30 mm range before really starting to work on MMS.

My work on BB Pro is just about building up my setting strength to develop a stronger set for #4's. I just try to get a good set on it. It is freakishly hard gripper @ 248 lbs..

After WSH (next week) it is time to add some fresh ideas to develop certain weaker aspects that will certainly help me to eventually reach my goal of closing 200 lbs+ #4's with MMS. I have a good feeling this is the year I'll finally reach that goal. Workouts during the following weeks and months will vary more than they have in the past weeks. Of course the additions I'll make will be seemingly small, as all will be focused towards single goal.

• Like 1

The reason I am gradually upping the grippers I use in a choker is of course the fact that I am getting stronger. :) I am presently switching up on grippers as soon as I get a close quite easily from 27 mm - 30 mm range. Goal is to choker close 213 lbs #4 @ 27-30 mm range before really starting to work on MMS.

My work on BB Pro is just about building up my setting strength to develop a stronger set for #4's. I just try to get a good set on it. It is freakishly hard gripper @ 248 lbs..

After WSH (next week) it is time to add some fresh ideas to develop certain weaker aspects that will certainly help me to eventually reach my goal of closing 200 lbs+ #4's with MMS. I have a good feeling this is the year I'll finally reach that goal. Workouts during the following weeks and months will vary more than they have in the past weeks. Of course the additions I'll make will be seemingly small, as all will be focused towards single goal.

Teemu...thanks brother, your advice and well worded advice are worth it's weight in gold. I definitely need to get on some choker work, any advice on which ones to get to clamp these grippers down? Great game plan and I can't wait to see you MMS #4's solid bro :rock

Don't know what types are available there. But they should be sturdy hose clamps. Wrap some athletic tape or hockey tape around the gripper handles before putting on the clamp. Choker will stay in place better and tape will also protect the handles. Key is to choke the gripper around handles. Choking around the spring will not work as will make the start too easy. You don't want that.

Don't know what types are available there. But they should be sturdy hose clamps. Wrap some athletic tape or hockey tape around the gripper handles before putting on the clamp. Choker will stay in place better and tape will also protect the handles. Key is to choke the gripper around handles. Choking around the spring will not work as will make the start too easy. You don't want that.

Once again many thanks, good tape around the handles I'll remember. That makes sense and of course not putting it around the spring. I'll go look around for some clamps

I had a nice time at WSH. Frankly I am not happy with my slight miss on Vulcan L19 and I obviously need to man up with Wrist Developer. But I am happy with my adjustable thick bar WR pull, as it was the first time for me to touch that apparatus.

I'll be much stronger overall next year. All I need to do is stay at it consistently.

• Like 1