treeniboksi.jpg?w=450

Grippers:

Right hand, BBSE choked @ 19 mm, 4/5 closes

Left hand, choked IGDA

Testing the 1 RM, Spring positions 4,6,11 was it. About the same as a

hard #3 or BB Elite. I'm going to train my left hand with this, as it

is good for microloading and performance doesn't vary that much as

it's less about technique.

Notes: right hand is improving fast, from workout to workout.

Dynamic thumb with Vulcan and thumbscrews

5 x 5, all eccentrics

Did all the grip training in between all kinds of assistance/rehab exercises, for example neck work with bands.

Edited by Teemu I
  • Like 1

pultti.jpg

Reverse bending this short bolt to 45 degrees and finishing it with a chest crush is probably the hardest grip related thing I've done.

I'm trying to get more into bending (traditional styles) as I just want to make my wrists stronger.

I really like the photo additions to your log!

Thanks buddy, I will add videos as well when I get something good enough done. :)

I'm enjoying this as well. I'm trying to make grippers a priority for the next several months. this is certanly helpping me get excited about them.

Kb press 24 kg 

4 sets

10, 10, 10, 6

Manus grip chin-ups

4 sets

16, 8, 5, 5

Super-setted these two exercises. Some improvement with thick handled stuff it seems. 

Thanks, best for me in a long time. I want to get 20. Surprise surprise, grip is the limiting factor here. :) I can get more reps with flexed wrists, but I want to develop thumb strength with these and I think there's a better carryover to Rolling Thunder when wrists are kept in the neutral position.

http://youtu.be/4L7Olaem1_Q

Tested grip before this workout. Aching hands told me it's not yet

time for any direct grip work. Grip gets it share with sandbag lifts and chin-ups.

1. Sandbag shouldering

Trying to improve my time for shouldering 60 kg sandbag for 10 reps.

Got to 8 minutes and 7 secs. 1 minute and 31 sec better than last

time.

2. Sandbag bear hug squats

2 x 5 X 60 kg

3. Weighted chin-ups

5, 3, 2 X BW+ 24 kg

It is a really nice and warm weather, so I did the sandbag exercises

outside. Just going outside is almost as good a warmup as I need.

My overall conditioning is not very good at the moment.

Using the band to hold the kb must make it a bit tougher too with the bouncing around. I like the sounds of the scurrying footsteps on your floor when your getting work done lol!

Actually it doesn't bounce around too much. There are of course better ways to add weight, but this is the quickest and easiest way I could figure out with the equipment I have around the house. :)

Yeah the dogs are always following very closely what I'm doing..they are too curious for their own good in fact. :D I have to keep them behind a gate when I'm training, just for their safety. :)

Edited by Teemu I
  • Like 1

pultti.jpg

Reverse bending this short bolt to 45 degrees and finishing it with a chest crush is probably the hardest grip related thing I've done.

I'm trying to get more into bending (traditional styles) as I just want to make my wrists stronger.

Cool to see you doing reverse bending, too. And yeah, bending tends to get crazy intense :) What's the bolt thickness? Does it have any label etc?

pultti.jpg

is that 5/16 inch hex bolt?

Cool to see you doing reverse bending, too. And yeah, bending tends to get crazy intense :) What's the bolt thickness? Does it have any label etc?

is that 5/16 inch hex bolt?

Well, I am unfamiliar with the grading systems of these bolts, as they differ but looked into it. It has marking SFC 8.8, which means it's Class 8.8 which is approximately equivalent to Grade 5. It's a 6 mm thick bolt. They are sold here in Finland as M6 x 120 bolts.

Edited by Teemu I

I just put together a new article about grippers and eccentric training. It's in my blog.

• Like 1

1. Sandbag clean & press

3x8x40 kg

2. Onearm kb rows

2x12x34 kg

3. Kb Shrugs

2x12x34 kg

4. Bw lunges

3x20

5. Sit-ups

2x15

6. Planks

2xmax time

Trained grip between sets

1. Grippers

Right: BBSE choked @ 21 mm, 3 x 5 sec OC

Left: choked IGDA, got up to spring combo 1,8,11

Improving.

2. Vulcan Thumbscrews, eccentrics

5x5

1. MMS Grippers

Did some attempts (6-7?) on several different strength #4's just to get more used to them again. Surprisingly good feel, like I'm back in the zone where these hard grippers do not feel impossible at all. Setting strength is getting better it seems.

2. Gripper power sets

Practiced setting my FBBC 5X, and actually forced these attempts closed and turned into eccentric holds. 3 all-out singles.

3. BTR grippers

Several no set closes and attempts and eventually forced reps and eccentrics on a double-filed #3. BTR work feels weird, better get back to this. Did not write down the volume. Just kept on working until I could not get the gripper to even parallel.

• Like 2

Total body workout

1. Sandbag bear hug squat

3 x 5 x 60 kg

2. Manus Grip Pull-ups

8, 5, 5, 4 x BW (Grip simply wasn't there anymore because of the earlier gripper workout today.)

3. Band Face Pulls

4 x 12

4. KB Press

3 x 10 x 24 kg

5. Hanging Leg Rises

3 x 10

1. Band resisted KB Sumo deadlifts for conditioning

4 x 20 x 50 kg

2. KB floor press

3 x 15 x 24 kg

3. KB curl

3 x 4 x 24 kg

4. Back extensions

3 x 20

5. Sit-ups

3 x 20

6. Planks

2 x 45 sec

No grip today. I was shoveling dirt for 4 hours yesterday so I'll train grip tomorrow.

Edited by Teemu I

Keep it up buddy. Good workouts. Glad to hear the #4 is feeling like a workable gripper.

• Like 1

sw2.jpg

It appears I'm not so young anymore. :D Guys threw me a bachelor party on Saturday and one thing they had planned to ruin me was track & field events, including shot put, discus, javelin, long jump and 100 m dash. By the way, I ran 100 m in 13.6 sec after who knows how many beers and wearing this goofy toga they forced me to wear. :) I have no video proof of that (fortunately!) I don't think I've ever been as sore as I was on Sunday and yesterday. So I postponed my yesterdays workout for today. It still was just about getting something done as nothing felt right or good.

1. Barbell military press

3x8x50 kg

2. Partial deadlift (mainly just trying to stretch my hamstrings :D )

1x20x50 kg

1x20x70 kg

3. Chin-ups

3x12xbw

Grip between sets

1. Grippers

Right: BBSE choked @ 23 mm, 3 x 1

failure, 3 sec close, failure

Left: choked IGDA, spring combo 4,8,10 (ISG calc gives this 296,6 lbs), 3 x 1

3 sec close, 3 sec close, failure

2. Secret Weapon

- training just the end range

5 x 1 x 25 kg

• Like 2

Got 3 sets of thick bar sumo deadlifts done and back felt too stiff. I am (finally) smart enough to call it a day if I feel an injury is possible. I need to do more mobility and soft tissue work. Hip/pelvis region is just too damn tight.

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials buddy! Javelin, shot and discus after a few beer might get pretty interesting as well :yikes

Thanks Jason. I am just happy to survive all that without lower back injury. :D

• Like 1

1. MMS Grippers

Did some attempts (6-7?) on several different strength #4's just to get more used to them again. Surprisingly good feel, like I'm back in the zone where these hard grippers do not feel impossible at all. Setting strength is getting better it seems.

2. Gripper power sets

Practiced setting my FBBC 5X, and actually forced these attempts closed and turned into eccentric holds. 3 all-out singles.

3. BTR grippers

Several no set closes and attempts and eventually forced reps and eccentrics on a double-filed #3. BTR work feels weird, better get back to this. Did not write down the volume. Just kept on working until I could not get the gripper to even parallel.

I missed this post, nice to see you working with a #4 again :cool