Teemu's Grip Log

Teemu I

I've sorely missed your training updates too Teemu! Kick that #4's butt man!!!

Don't know how to give back the good inspiration you gave me !

Anyway, keep up the hard work Teemu !! You'll get that damn #4 !!

Now if some of you guys could say something to get me properly pissed, it would be greatly appreciated and helpful. :D Something like you'll never close the #4, or something. ;)

Imagine if your legacy was that you got sooo close, but never did it. You'd be like the Buffalo Bills of gripping. Tried for four, but didn't win.

(Alright, that was weak, but hopefully it will light a fire!)

Great to see you Buddy!

Thanks Matt, that actually was a very good one my friend! :)

Grippers, MMS:

L: #3.5 (3,28 ); 5 x 1 x 3 sec OC

R: #3.5 (3,28 ) x 1, BBE (3,54) x 1 (easy close and OC), BBSE (3,64) x 1 (2mm miss), BBSE (3,64) x 1 (2 mm miss), BBE (3,54) x 1 3 sec OC

Gaining back what I had fairly quickly it seems. Good gripper session.

Quality is the key. I made each and every single count, so what seems like very little in terms of work load goes a long way. I almost passed out twice (both BBSE attempts), which is not something to shoot for, but tells me I'm pushing myself hard enough.

I will make fast gains as long as I remember the concept of quality. It has to be brought in every time with determined effort. Next week it has to mean more than it did in this workout: I'll force the missed attempts closed IF I don't close that easy BBSE.

Glad to see you posting again. Your log is a gripper workout goldmine. I was reading back when you were chasing the BBE.

Glad to see you posting again. Your log is a gripper workout goldmine. I was reading back when you were chasing the BBE.

Thanks man! Good to hear that! :) BBE did not come easily for me, but it was sweet to finally get it. Good times. :)

Did a total body workout yesterday, mostly basic barbell exercises and as grip related exercise I did DO rack pulls as a finisher. I got to be fairly happy with 2 x 220 kg pulls, as the bar was all greasy and I had no chalk. 250 kg was too much.

img_0165-e1279346283614.jpg?w=450&h=600

I second that. Glad to see Teemu at it again. I watched a video of him almost getting a #4 on YouTube in addition to some other grip feats. It'd be great to see him become the next #4 closer (I'm talking MMS, if we're talking CCS I think Paul Knight's going to become the next certed on the IM list).

1. Grippers, MMS:

#3 (3,08 ) 1/1 (R/L)

#3 (3,20) 1/1

#3.5 (3,28 ) 1/1

BBE (3,32) 1/0 (forced in lefty x 3)

BBE (3,54) 1/0 (forced in lefty x 3)

BBSE_1 (3,50) 0/0 (forced in x 1), right hand 1 mm short from close

#3.5 (3,60) 1/0 (forced in lefty x 3)

BBSE (3,64) 0/0 (forced in x 3), right hand 2 mm short

BBSE (3,64) 0/0 (forced in x 3)

It was fairly decent to be able to close that hard #3.5 again.

2. Dynamic thumb with pony clamp

10 x 1 x 5 sec OC

3. Sledge front levers

- singles to the max, progressing by changing the grip 1 cm with each attempt

Glad to see you back in training Teemu. Few people are capable for a #4 close and you are one of them.

Do you focus only in Grip training right now, or you train other stuff too?

Again welcome back and best wishes for a #4 smash! :mosher

Glad to see you back in training Teemu. Few people are capable for a #4 close and you are one of them.

Thank you very much for your nice words.

I do train other stuff too, I was looking for a gym and now I've found one that suits my budget. :D It's free as it's a gym located in one of the buildings at the hospital I started working in this week. :) Employees can use it any time (yet I know I will most likely be able to train there alone, which suits me great). I intend to get stronger overall, now that I got a place to train heavy.

Thank you very much for your nice words.

I do train other stuff too, I was looking for a gym and now I've found one that suits my budget. :D It's free as it's a gym located in one of the buildings at the hospital I started working in this week. :) Employees can use it any time (yet I know I will most likely be able to train there alone, which suits me great). I intend to get stronger overall, now that I got a place to train heavy.

Very nice thing you found a place you can train my friend. Keep up the good work!

Teemu,

I have been following your log as of lately, I am wondering how far are you from your easiest #4, and what does it cal @?

Hard to say, as right now the most suitable grippers for my training are the ones I used in my last workout, all of them easier than any of the #4's I own or have loaned. Time for actual #4 attempts in training has to wait some time as I rebuild what my crushing strength was at its best. But I'm making progress fairly steadily right now so I'm confident it will not take long. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did some functional core exercises and closed a hard #3.5 a few times in between.

Edited by Teemu I

Another core training session and 8 attempts with narrow BB Pro (201 lbs). Poor attempts!

Upper body weight training.

Negatives with narrow BB Pro.

Pony clamp work for thumbs.

Gym and grippers. Upper body and core session. Getting stronger now with everything and got my nightmarish #3.5 down to 4 mm with almost no set, twice.

Edited by Teemu I