Teemu's Grip Log

Teemu I

For variety in my gripper training, started training with my narrow grippers.

Warmup: explosive NS closes with narrow #2 I bought from Jedd, 4 sets of 3 reps

2 x NS attempt @ 201 lbs Narrow BB Pro, came within 4-5 mm

1 x MMS attempt @ 201 lbs Narrow BB Pro, 1 mm short

1 x MMS attempt @ 210 lbs Narrow BB Pro, missed like the picture below shows

narrow-pro.jpg

Rest of the grip training I'll do later in the evening. This was best gripper workout in a long time I think.

Edited by Teemu I
  • Like 4

Freakin'high lbs numbers! :yikes

Well yes. But remember narrow grippers are always easier than regular spread ones with similar poundage. Sweep is softer in them. However, especially those with Pro spring bind up like crazy towards the close. I have been able to MMS that 201 lbs Narrow Pro in the past. Feels as if it is getting close to that again and maybe even a no set close will happen. I like to train with narrow grippers from time to time, closes on them let me focus more on the end range. Good alternative for choker work that I also think to be one of the better ways to bring up the strength for that last bit of the gripper close.

I highly recommend these narrow Pro-grippers to anyone who is closing #3.5's or similar strength grippers. They are fun to train on. :)

Edited by Teemu I

Rest of today's grip workout

1. Gripper Power Sets

4 x 1 x 248 lbs BB Pro

2. Wrist Developer

- orange spring

- all done both ways

10 x L1

10 x L4

10 x L7, PR

Craziness bit me and went for L10. Almost got a double! PR.

3. Dynamic thumb, Vulcan + Thumbscrews

- white spring

L1 x 10

L4 x 10

L7 x 10

Notes: Great grip workout, making progress. Seems to me that with WD, it might be better not to train it so often.

1. Grippers

- TNS grippers up to easy #3.5

- Explosive TNS easy #2, 5×3

- R&P closes with #1

- Few attempts to close #1 with index finger

2. Dynamic thumb, Vulcan +Thumbscrews

- White spring, L 10, eccentric work 5 x 5

• Like 1

:rock

I can not wait until I can utter that phrase!

:rock

I can not wait until I can utter that phrase!

Just keep on knocking them down one goal at a time!
  • Like 1

Good going. Given your progress with the Vulcan, I'm looking forward to seeing some big steel reverse bends :)

Vulcan? Are you sure you don't mean WD? :)

Good going. Given your progress with the Vulcan, I'm looking forward to seeing some big steel reverse bends :)

My bad, WD indeed.

My bad, WD indeed.

OK, thought so. :) Not sure how my progress with WD will translate to actual reverse bends. I don't want to go for all out bends very soon. I think when I can perform better with black spring, that's the time I should test it. I have that 8 mm round CRS waiting. Maybe I should cut a few pieces like 7", 8", maybe even 9" and 10" pieces to get an idea where I stand or what do you think?

Holy shit how good grip workout.

1. 1HP

- Started with 30 kg, went up in singles up to 40 kg both hands

2. Blobette

- Got air under 49,2 lbs, really happy about that

- Several pretty well controlled eccentrics with 50

3. Rolling Thunder max test

- 80 kg both hands was easy

- Went up to 93,4 kg, really really happy about getting decent air under that one!!!

Notes: Rolling Thunder was amazingly good considering I did a lot of hard lifts and eccentrics with blobette. Plus I did plenty of eccentrics for thumb last night. Will probably get really close to 100 kg with fresh hands. I am approaching my best overall grip numbers.

Vid is crappy as I had to shoot it alone, but I decided to share it anyway.

http://youtu.be/6ZLjU1VERAU

• Like 2

Great lift Teemu! Now I need to use translator and figure out what you Finns mean when you keep saying Saatana hahaha!

• Like 2

Thanks Juha and Jason!

Jason, do look that up. :D

Wikipedia begins like this "Many Finns frequently use profanity in everyday speech..." Hahaha!

• Like 2

Took the dogs out for a walk and went back to garage, as I felt I might have little more in the tank for RT. Got just a bit air under 98,1 kg. Saatana! :)

• Like 1

My bad, WD indeed.

OK, thought so. :) Not sure how my progress with WD will translate to actual reverse bends. I don't want to go for all out bends very soon. I think when I can perform better with black spring, that's the time I should test it. I have that 8 mm round CRS waiting. Maybe I should cut a few pieces like 7", 8", maybe even 9" and 10" pieces to get an idea where I stand or what do you think?

Reverse bending steel is very tough indeed. In as, you really want to get the piece and you'll go all out. I could not make any progress in other grip areas when I was bending hard. So it makes sense to use WD with sub maximal sets to build a solid base, and try out with the steel every now and then. I never tried longer than 7" bars, so cannot really comment on such long bars. But if you get a decent hand position, why not try.

Btw, congrats on the excellent RT work!

• Like 1

1. Axle Rows DU grip

10 x 70 kg

10 x 80 kg

10 x 85 kg

- still waiting for more plates, these weights are starting to get a bit too easy for this.

2. Axle Wrist Curls

10 x 40 kg

10 x 50 kg

5 x 55 kg

Notes: Perhaps too many consecutive days of grip training. Will have to (atleast try) rest until Wednesday.

Started training with block set grippers and soon said to myself screw it, have another go at it tomorrow.

Seeing the progress you made lately, no reason to complain buddy. I am sometimes amazed by how many guys around here can train so much and also can PR!

Better session next time.

Well I don't complain. :) I knew to expect that I was not properly recovered. Decision to not just blindly push forward yesterday was quick as I try to listen my body more these days than I used to. Like many others I have a tendency to do more than I should.

Well I don't complain. :) I knew to expect that I was not properly recovered. Decision to not just blindly push forward yesterday was quick as I try to listen my body more these days than I used to. Like many others I have a tendency to do more than I should.

No you were complaining.

:grin:

• Like 1