Martin_Arildsson

Try not to destroy it on the first attempt :D

That won't happen :D

2008-09-09

Squats:

120 x 3/3

170 kg x 3

180 kg x 3/3/3

Trying to focus on using my hips more, didn't go that well...

Frontsquats:

70 kg x 5/3

100 kg x 3

120 kg x 3/3/3

Felt ok, I should add more weight.

Benchpress:

70 kg x 5/3/5/3/3

Vulcan gripper L/R:

L1 10/10

L1 10/10

L4 5/5

L7 3/3

L10 3/3

L13 0/1

L13 1/1

L16 0/0

L16 0/0

L15 1/1

L13 7/6

L13 3/3

L13 3/3

L13 3/3

L13 3/3

L13 3/3

Very nice piece of equipment! I should have closed it on L16, well better luck next time.

Thickbar SLDL:

100 kg x 3

130 kg x 3/3/3/3

100 kg x 8

And one set of rows, 100 kg x 9.

2008-09-13

Squat:

120 kg x 3/3/3/3/3/3

Benchpress:

100 kg x 3/3

120 kg x 3

140 kg x 1

150 kg x 1

160 kg x 1

142,5 kg x 3/3

70 kg x 10

Deadlift:

70 kg x 5

120 kg x 3

170 kg x 3

200 kg x 1

220 kg x 3/3/3

170 kg x 5/5

Rear delts in machine:

50 kg x 10/10/10

And a really crappy gripper session during squats and bp.

2008-09-16

Squat:

120 kg x 5

170 kg x 3

190 kg x 3/3/3

150 kg x 5/5

Benchpress:

70 kg x 5/5

100 kg x 3/3/3

40 kg x 15/15

Barbellrows:

100 kg x 6

120 kg x 6/6/8

100 kg x 10

Dumbell curl:

28,5 kg x 6

32,5 kg x 2

Reardelt-machine:

30 kg x 10

50 kg x 10

60 kg x 6

Vulcangripper:

Best was L16 with my left and L15 with my right. The VG feels great in my left hand, but akward in my right.

How do you feel about the thicker handles of the VG? For me it seems to be a factor that's limiting what I can actually close. I can easily hold a couple of levels higher settings closed than I can close with one hand. It seems that I can't wrap the fingers around the handle quite the way I can with CoC's.

How do you feel about the thicker handles of the VG? For me it seems to be a factor that's limiting what I can actually close. I can easily hold a couple of levels higher settings closed than I can close with one hand. It seems that I can't wrap the fingers around the handle quite the way I can with CoC's.

I actually compared the handles on the VG with an IM gripper, and they looked almost just as thick? How much thicker is the VG?

BTW: I was thinking some about chokers, and by the looks of the VG, it should be very easy to add some kind of choker-thing on it.

I actually compared the handles on the VG with an IM gripper, and they looked almost just as thick? How much thicker is the VG?

BTW: I was thinking some about chokers, and by the looks of the VG, it should be very easy to add some kind of choker-thing on it.

I don't have one yet, just ordered one, though. But I thought about choking a VG, and easiest way I could come up with would be to put a wooden block between the spring-holding arms.

I don't have one yet, just ordered one, though. But I thought about choking a VG, and easiest way I could come up with would be to put a wooden block between the spring-holding arms.

Yup, but I thought about something more sturdy, and where you can regulate the distance. Perhaps with a sprint or something.

Well, they are somwhat thicker, not much but enough to make a difference when you don't have very long fingers. I don't know the exact specs as I don't have a measuring device to take proper measures.

Choker is what I have been thinking too, but haven't, atleast yet, figured out a good choker for VG. Let me know if you do.

Yup, but I thought about something more sturdy, and where you can regulate the distance. Perhaps with a sprint or something.

Piece of 2x4 not sturdy enough? :laugh

Nope!

Wood deforms too easy.

Nope!

Wood deforms too easy.

Hmm, I have hard time believing that. But hey, you've got the gripper and I don't. I'll see when I get mine. Will be interesting to hear what you come up with.

Nope!

Wood deforms too easy.

Hmm, I have hard time believing that. But hey, you've got the gripper and I don't. I'll see when I get mine. Will be interesting to hear what you come up with.

I always thought that steel were harder than wood? :)

You would want the choker to be quit light in weight as well. Vulcan is pretty heavy in itself and adding something that's heavy would make training more awkward.

Metal is definitely harder. But the lever arm is relatively long on the other side compared to where you crush, that's why I don't think wood yielding under pressure would be a problem. But Teemu has a good point. 2x4 is not very convenient :)

I find the strength curve on the VG is different, it seems tougher through the sweep range and easier at the close compared to a regular gripper. This makes it hard to set, which I suppose is either a good or bad thing depending where your strengths lie. I wonder whether this might be a bigger factor than the handle size?

I find the strength curve on the VG is different, it seems tougher through the sweep range and easier at the close compared to a regular gripper. This makes it hard to set, which I suppose is either a good or bad thing depending where your strengths lie. I wonder whether this might be a bigger factor than the handle size?
I do not know which is a bigger factor, but that is a very good point as well. I do like the challenge that harder set brings though, as it's a weakness for me.

2008-09-21

Squat:

20 kg x 8/8/8

70 kg x 8/8

120 kg x 5/3

160 kg x 3

180 kg x 3/3/3

140 kg x 5/5

Grippers L/R

CoC #2 3/3

CoC #2 3/3

CoC #3 5/5

PDA437 3/4

PDA437 4/4

PDA437 6/8

Benchpress:

70 kg x 5/5

100 kg x 3

120 kg x 3

130 kg x 3/3/3

100 kg x 5/5

2HP ~70mm

55 kg x 3

75 kg x 1/1/1

80 kg x 1

85 kg x 1

90 kg x 1

80 kg x 3

Pulldown:

2-3 sets at 100 kg, somewhere around 8-12 reps.

Dumbell curl:

30 kg x 5

32,5 kg x 2

28,5 kg x 5

2008-09-24

Squat:

70 kg x 8/8

120 kg x 3

170 kg x 3

200 kg x 1

210 kg x 1

220 kg x 1

200 kg x 2

170 kg x 5/5/5

120 kg x 8

Bar high and shoulder width, felt good!

Grippers L/R:

CoC #1 5/5

CoC #1 5/5

CoC #2 5/5

CoC #3 5/5

CoC #3.5 1/1

CoC #3.5 1/1

PDA437 3/4

PDA437 4/4

PDA 437 4/5

Benchpress:

70 kg x 10

100 kg x 10/6/6/6/6/10

Did alot of blobwalking (35 lbs) and many singles and reps with two 15kg plates.

2008-09-27

Squat:

120 kg x 3/3/3

Benchpress:

100 kg x 3

120 kg x 3

140 kg x 1

150 kg x 3/3 PR!

140 kg x 3

120 kg x 3/3/3/3

Grippers L/R:

CoC #3 9/12

Deadlift:

140 kg x 3

180 kg x 3

210 kg x 3

230 kg x 3/3/3

200 kg x 3/3/3/3

Dumbellrow:

67,5 kg x 10

2008-09-29

Squat:

80 kg x 6/6/6

120 kg x 3

140 kg x 3

160 kg x 3/3/3/3/3/3

90 kg x 3

Grippers L/R:

CoC #1: 5/5

CoC #2: 5/5

CoC #3: 5/5

CoC #3: 5/5

PDA437: 8/9

PDA437: 4/5

PDA437: 5/5

PDA437: 4/5

Average reps/set L/R

PDA437: 5,25/6

CG benchpress:

70 kg x 10/10/10/10/10

Rolling thunder:

A couple of sets on 60 kg, triples. I think that I finally realized why I suck at thickbar!