Stupid Log?

Martin_Arildsson

Thanks!

---------------------

This will rock your socks off:

:D

My right pinky still hurts and it affects my grip training and regular training. It's completely ridiculous. A big and strong man who whines about his pinky finger.

On the positive side I'm hitting the weights hard. Got a new 9RM at 225 kg in deadlift yesterday, and right after that I squated 240 kg for four reps.

Not so much happening at the moment. This week is just a simple deload. I still have some issues with my left forearm, and now I also got some problems with my right pinky... ;)

Anyhow, before the deload I managed to do the following:

Overhead press: 95 kg x 10 (5 kg down from 10RM)

Deadlift: 235 kg x 8 (Same as 8RM)

Bench press: 135 kg x 9 (15 kg down due to breast/shoulder tear from august last year)

Squat: 225 kg x 10 (New PR!)

I also managed to do a nice 118 kg 2HP.

Great lift Big Guy, hope you heal up soon

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

I recently bought a complete set of rated MM replicas from cannonpowerworks.com and I'm really looking forward to test them.

My aches and injuries in forearms and fingers is slowly getting better. So a couple of days ago I could close a #3.5 again with my right... Pretty far off from where I've been before. At least my weightlifting is going good. Got a couple of new PRs in form of: Military press: 100 kg x 11, Squat: 230 kg x 10, Deadlift: 245 kg x 7

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have now received all the grippers from cannonpowerworks.

MM1 Replica RGC #156

MM2 Replica RGC #162

MM3 Replica RGC #179

MM4 Replica RGC #186

MM5 Replica RGC #190

MM6 Replica RGC #196

MM7 Replica RGC #198

MM8 Replica RGC #201

I closed the MM3 replica quite easy, and was less then 1 mm away on the MM4 replica with both hands. I'm way below my top gripper strength from 2010... Hopefully I can get back up there again. :)

• Like 4

You will get there no problem big man. All the best in your training and I look forward to reading the progress.

Glad they arrived! This was quite the task putting together a complete rated set. I try and take care with the replicas that while all grippers vary, it would be a bummer to get an MM3 that's harder than your MM4 for example. I probably rated 16+ grippers to get your 8 that had a nice progression.

Glad they arrived! This was quite the task putting together a complete rated set. I try and take care with the replicas that while all grippers vary, it would be a bummer to get an MM3 that's harder than your MM4 for example. I probably rated 16+ grippers to get your 8 that had a nice progression.

I was wondering what kind of work it was if you did rate all those for Martin, as the progression in Martin's set seems as perfect as it could be. You are now officially cooler than Santa Claus. :santa: Edited by Teemu I

Certainly you can!

/Obama

Yes we can!

You can get there and BEYOND! :)

You must have the craziest pinch base-strength out there...

Hope so. My right pinky is feeling better, and I think I found out what the problem was with my left forearm. Thanks!

You will get there no problem big man. All the best in your training and I look forward to reading the progress.

Thanks!

Damn! Thanks a lot Matt!

I was wondering what kind of work it was if you did rate all those for Martin, as the progression in Martin's set seems as perfect as it could be. You are now officially cooler than Santa Claus. :santa:

Yeah, I think so too. Santa v2.0

• 2 years later...

Oh hi there! :)

I'll try to log some stuff here again...

2014-12-31

High bar squats:

20 kg x 10/10/10

70 kg x 5/5

120 kg x 5

157,5 kg x 5

180 kg x 5

202,5 kg x 5/5/5/5/5

Bench press:

20 kg x 20/20

60 kg x 10/10

100 kg x 5

125 kg x 5/5/5/5/5

Grippers!

Left:

CoC T x 10/10

CoC #1 x 10/10

CoC #2 x 5

CoC #3 x 5

CoC #3.5 x 1/1/0

CoC #3 x 5/5/10

Right:

CoC T x 10/10

CoC #1 x 10/10

CoC #2 x 5

CoC #3 x 5

CoC #3.5 x 1/1/0

CoC #3 x 5/5/10

Plate curls

----------------------------------------------------

Everything felt heavy today. High bar squats with weightlifting shoes isn't my best squat variation... Bench wasn't fun at all either, felt off. And for the grippers, well what can I say? I haven't trained grippers for several months and am still able to close a #3.5 with both hands and rep the #3.

• Like 2

The last couple of years I've mostly been focused on strength training, where I managed to complete a couple of life goals I had set up. Like squatting 300 kg, and also deadlifting 300 kg.

Edited by Martin_Arildsson
  • Like 3

Nice to see you logging again, Martin! You're one of the strongest gripper (and other grip stuff too) guys when factoring in both hands. I always liked your no set videos, too. I would love to see you CCS cert the #4. With you back in training again, it would not surprise me at all to see your name on that awesome list.

• Like 1

Damn strong lifting Martin!

Thanks, that was R'yleh nice of you.

Beautifully done!

Thanks Eric!

Nice to see you logging again, Martin! You're one of the strongest gripper (and other grip stuff too) guys when factoring in both hands. I always liked your no set videos, too. I would love to see you CCS cert the #4. With you back in training again, it would not surprise me at all to see your name on that awesome list.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ben! I tried many times since the last LGC to get back to grip training again, but I lost interest after just a couple of workouts. Hopefully it will stick a bit longer this time. :)

Beast!

beauty-and-the-beast-bill-condon.jpg?cro

• Like 1

What bencrush did not mention, is that Martin was/is also one of the best Two-Hands-Pincher of all time, at least in my opinion. Not only did he post great numbers in competition (I don't remember exactly but like 113kg??) but his 'base' strength on that apparatus was always super high, and I remember seeing 120kg lifts in training.

Glad you're still that strong Martin. Being able to close a #3.5 without touching grippers for months is truly impressive!!

• Like 3

2015-01-02

Overhead press:

20 kg x 20/20

60 kg x 5/5

77,5 kg x 5

87,5 kg x 5

100 kg x 10

77,5 kg x 15

Bench press:

20 kg x 20/20

70 kg x 10

102,5 kg x 8/8/8/8/8

Cable row:

60 kg x 12

100 kg x 12/12/12/12/20

Barbell curl:

20 kg x 20

40 kg x 10/10/10/10/10

----------------------------------

The OHP went better than I thought it would.

2015-01-03

Grippers:

Left:

CoC T x 10/10/10

CoC #1 x 10

CoC #1.5 x 1

CoC #2 x 1

CoC #2.5 x 1

CoC #3 x 1

MM1 Replica x 1/1/1

GHP L6 x 5

Right:

CoC T x 10/10/10

CoC #1 x 10

CoC #1.5 x 1

CoC #2 x 1

CoC #2.5 x 1

CoC #3 x 1

MM1 Replica x 1/1/1

GHP L6 x 5

Grippers are way down, but I didn't expect any miracles either.

2HP:

20 kg x 5

40 kg x 1/1

50 kg x 1/1

70 kg x 1

90 kg x 1

100 kg x 1

105 kg x 1

80 kg x 9 seconds / 12 seconds

90 kg x 1

It's a good starting point. I don't think I've done any pinches for atleast 6 months.

I ended with a couple of sets of TTK, Somewhere around 8 sets of 10, with low weight.

Pinchar du på euron?

Is it seasoned? Mine has rust on the surface where I have been using it.

The other side looks new.