Stupid Log?

Martin_Arildsson

Hey, I have seen your vids on youtube. Extremely impressive. I'm glad your back posting in the log. Are you going to train for the #4 cert. You're #4 mms closes were sick.

Hey, I have seen your vids on youtube. Extremely impressive. I'm glad your back posting in the log. Are you going to train for the #4 cert. You're #4 mms closes were sick.

Yo! Thanks for the nice comments! First of all I need to start training grip again. After that.... Everything can happen :)

Oh, another important thing:

I must get back to this :D It's awesome!

What i'm trying to say is, keep it up with music posts! I need recommendations in the heavier metal music madness!...

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

• 4 weeks later...

-----------------

Believe it or not, but I'm still training grip, experimenting with negatives on both the secret weapon and TTK. This totally wrecks my grip strength for almost a week. And to make it even more fun my weightlifting routine looks like this:

https://docs.google....lkZEFYQ0E#gid=0

For more info regarding the numbers to the right of the exercises check out reactivetrainingsystems.com

My grip strength is still down, so the only things worth mentioning is that I closed GHP L8 with my right hand a couple of times, and I am less than 2 mm away with my left. And on the GHP L7 it looks like this: 15 or 16 reps with my left and 18 with my right. I've also done a couple of singles at 108 kg on my second 2HP workout this year.

Edited by Martin_Arildsson

:blink Got to get myself a new hobby. Lego or something. Pff 18 reps Ghp 7. :sick:

Strong!

:blink Got to get myself a new hobby. Lego or something. Pff 18 reps Ghp 7. :sick:

Strong!

Haha! Well, Lego is actually nice to play with... :D

Thanks dude!

Glad to see you back at it! Good luck with your training.

- Aaron

Thanks Aaron! It feels great to be back doing more grip specific stuff.

The same to you!

Well, after the last grip session I realized a couple of things...

1. It's quite stupid to increase the negative training 4-5 fold compared to what I did when I closed the #4...

2. It isn't very smart to expect good gains from point 1 while deadlifting three times per week.

Changed my training template to this one in the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia9GUKjWC3FdHlna1ZoQnQ5MFRJbUNLUVZNcmRoSmc#gid=0

This should enable me to get some quality grip work in.

I will keep it as simple as possible, and I'll also probably need to keep the volume quite low to begin with.

-----------------

Believe it or not, but I'm still training grip, experimenting with negatives on both the secret weapon and TTK. This totally wrecks my grip strength for almost a week. And to make it even more fun my weightlifting routine looks like this:

https://docs.google....lkZEFYQ0E#gid=0

For more info regarding the numbers to the right of the exercises check out reactivetrainingsystems.com

My grip strength is still down, so the only things worth mentioning is that I closed GHP L8 with my right hand a couple of times, and I am less than 2 mm away with my left. And on the GHP L7 it looks like this: 15 or 16 reps with my left and 18 with my right. I've also done a couple of singles at 108 kg on my second 2HP workout this year.

Whew GHP went down easy for ya, glad to see your back at...those #4 closes you had a while back were something else :ohmy:bow

Thanks guys!

I hit a new squat PR two days ago... 265 kg x 3 (583,7 pounds). The only aid I use/used is a pair of knee sleeves. If everything goes well I might be able to hit 300 kg in a year or two.

On to the grip side... Not much happening here. Mostly doing wide set reps with grippers. I also received a couple of Manus grip. And I really like them, even despite the fact that I fried my hand and forearms real good! :D

1. You're a beast.

2. Your avatar is incredible.

That is all.

• 2 months later...

A little update. I still train grip, but not so much. Despite that I managed to pull 118 k in 2HP, and yesterday I lifted my blob50 with my right hand a couple of times, and budged it with my left. It hasn't happened much with my gripper progress, but I guess that's because I mostly train with quite wide sets nowadays. I'm also planning to reduce the frequency on how often I train grippers so I can fit in some other grip/wrist training.

Over and out.

Did some cardio today... Squatted 200 kg for 14 reps.

Still a Beast Martin!

Excellent! :)

Still a Beast Martin!

Thanks! :)

Obviously you have some good genetics working for you, but you also train your ass off with squats and stuff...

What is beneficial in your training for squats i.e. low reps..high reps and stuff..mixing it all up etc..

I ask this because I suck at squats and I hate them. Honest. But I do them because you cannot ignore such a good exc. My max still stays around 120 kg...and then it's allready starting to get sloppy. I think the lack of power in my legs also limits my deadliftingwork (stuck around 170 - 180 kg). Tried the front squat but just don't like the feeling it gives me in the shoulder. Maybe try the frontsquat with the use of straps to keep them in place (saw that on the site Tnation). Any tips on squats in general?

Thnx man. Keep it up.

Edited by Geralt

Obviously you have some good genetics working for you, but you also train your ass off with squats and stuff...

What is beneficial in your training for squats i.e. low reps..high reps and stuff..mixing it all up etc..

I ask this because I suck at squats and I hate them. Honest. But I do them because you cannot ignore such a good exc. My max still stays around 120 kg...and then it's allready starting to get sloppy. I think the lack of power in my legs also limits my deadliftingwork (stuck around 170 - 180 kg). Tried the front squat but just don't like the feeling it gives me in the shoulder. Maybe try the frontsquat with the use of straps to keep them in place (saw that on the site Tnation). Any tips on squats in general?

Thnx man. Keep it up.

Hi! Both low and high reps works good for me, but I usually prefer so stay on the higher reps (5+). I allways focus on keeping a good form, and working on weak spots. If you want to see some great squat technique check out Mike Tuchscherer's lifts. I really despise front squats, but I'm doing them anyways... :)

I've had good success with 5/3/1 and am currently following it again. You can see how I train here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia9GUKjWC3FdDJpejZ1MnRuS2tlQ2kxbGtsbmdWbWc

Cool! thnx. I'm digging into your program. Thnx for the spreadsheet!

• 3 weeks later...

Not so much happening at the moment. This week is just a simple deload. I still have some issues with my left forearm, and now I also got some problems with my right pinky... ;)

Anyhow, before the deload I managed to do the following:

Overhead press: 95 kg x 10 (5 kg down from 10RM)

Deadlift: 235 kg x 8 (Same as 8RM)

Bench press: 135 kg x 9 (15 kg down due to breast/shoulder tear from august last year)

Squat: 225 kg x 10 (New PR!)

I also managed to do a nice 118 kg 2HP.