• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuTCH

• Martin_Arildsson

• dannyboy

• mobsterone

Thanks guys, all is fine.

Still training for the EM. Been rather busy with it, not mentioning the #'s too much, since it's a competition.. :blink

Since a week i got a TTK apparatus, and it is really working well. I only have 5kg for it, because i don't have a lot of 50mm plates. So i start with 2,5 for 3 sets of 15. Done with one hand. Then i add 2,5>5kg and rep with 2 thumbs for 3 sets of 15-20.. This really fires my thumbs, and holding for time is just insane..

It improved my pinch with about 4kg. Yesterday i got full lift off on 67,5kg. Done on my wooden block..

Thanks guys, all is fine.

Still training for the EM. Been rather busy with it, not mentioning the #'s too much, since it's a competition..  :blink

Since a week i got a TTK apparatus, and it is really working well. I only have 5kg for it, because i don't have a lot of 50mm plates. So i start with 2,5 for 3 sets of 15. Done with one hand. Then i add 2,5>5kg and rep with 2 thumbs for 3 sets of 15-20.. This really fires my thumbs, and holding for time is just insane..

It improved my pinch with about 4kg. Yesterday i got full lift off on 67,5kg. Done on my wooden block..

whats your one hand pinch like theo?

hey look at that....i reached 1000 posts. This is my greatest acomplishment to DATE!!!! clsong the #3 fails in comparison!!!!!

Edited by dannyboy

1000posts.. You are fast!

One hand pinch is ok. Can pinch 2 35's.

How are you doing with training?

Elite hasn't been closed yet...

hey look at that....i reached 1000 posts.  This is my greatest acomplishment to DATE!!!!  clsong the #3 fails in comparison!!!!!

Danny, you just like to talk!!!! :laugh:laugh

hey look at that....i reached 1000 posts.  This is my greatest acomplishment to DATE!!!!  clsong the #3 fails in comparison!!!!!

hahah obviously not as much as you paul lol

Theo my training has slacked off a bit as of the last week. Tonight im back at it again though.

hahah obviously not as much as you paul lol

Theo my training has slacked off a bit as of the last week. Tonight im back at it again though.

good to see the Double D's back and at it :mosher

i know i dont post in here much these days, but thats caus i dont have much tio report. Well i just tested my average #3 for the first time right handed in over a month and got it for 7 reps! All reps were performed with inbetween 3/4 inch to one inch open.

thanks guys. im gunan try and getthis on film next workout.

i said TRY, caus god i suck at getting a good shot.

thanks guys.  im gunan try and getthis on film next workout.

i said TRY, caus god i suck at getting a good shot.

Sometimes I think getting a good video is harder than closing the gripper in question!!

Great job guys! :rock You're both stronger now than you probably thought possible a few years ago. Feels good, doesn't it? :)

Great job guys! :rock  You're both stronger now than you probably thought possible a few years ago.  Feels good, doesn't it? :)

yea for sure!

last night was a huge night for me, i closed my #3 left handed!!!!!

Hey dont get me wrong, the set was deeeeeeep, it was about a half inch set. Regardless before this i was only able to force the 3 shut and hold it for time.

right handed i was 1/4 inch shy of 9 reps. once again these are reps of around 3/4 - 1 inch in depth. Will these reps carry over to my elite? sure, why wouldnt it.

9 parallel plus reps!!! Great job Danny!!

9 parallel plus reps!!! Great job Danny!!

no paul. i ALMOST got 9 lol. close but no cigar. thanks though.

I tried to get it on cam yesterday and wont you knwo itthe film came out sooo bad ahahahaha

Congrats!! This will sure carryover to the elite! 8 reps is very nice! Next thing you know you are strapholding 25lbs! ;)

Hehe, another small training session..

I improved my bending a bit, because i can finally bend my 6,5mm stock. I had one left, bent it and ran over to the hardware store to buy 5kg of those nails... I think it is a bit easier than the 6,5mm swiss nails, but harder than the 7mm.. It's CRS>.

Also started training with the grippers and doing some lever work, for the contest of DH. Timed hold with the filed #2 and the #3.

I got 3 sets and max hold on the #3 was 25seconds.

Also started with my RT training for an upcoming contest by Moser. My hands are just under 20cm.. I trained yesterday, and pulled 72,kg RH and 70LH. I hope by november/december i will pull over 80kg.

Great job guys! :rock   You're both stronger now than you probably thought possible a few years ago.  Feels good, doesn't it? :)

yea for sure!

last night was a huge night for me, i closed my #3 left handed!!!!!

Hey dont get me wrong, the set was deeeeeeep, it was about a half inch set. Regardless before this i was only able to force the 3 shut and hold it for time.

right handed i was 1/4 inch shy of 9 reps. once again these are reps of around 3/4 - 1 inch in depth. Will these reps carry over to my elite? sure, why wouldnt it.

Good job! :rock

Nice one Dan!! #3 left and right, that's some good stuff!

Hopefully i will be able to compete in C.o.C, in Stafford. I did start training for it already.

Did some levering, ggc rules. Don't know how this will turn out, but right now i lever with my v-bar and some weights. Did this tonight. I think i will do this almost every day, and increase weights gradually when i hit 10-15 reps.

Some 2 hand pinching, was way off. I really feel uncomfortable with a wide block, 60mm, and i will go for a smaller width, a 55mm will be a bit better. Afterwards some TTK work. High reps, 3 sets.

No grippers, was really sore from yesterday. Did strapholds with 2,5kg on my filed #2 left and right.

I got an ISG from Clay. That thing is nice, but also very confusing, in the sence of when i should increase, how much resistance i want, reps or whatever. I already got a ISG calculator.

I set it at 2 and 10 i think. Feels pretty hard already, even though it's only 210lbs. Strange. The handles are taped up. I saw this picture of Nathan Holle doing 3 springs on hardest setting. Pretty amazing!

That's it for 2day. 2morrow is V-bar and OH lift again..

Nice one Dan!! #3 left and right, that's some good stuff!

Hopefully i will be able to compete in C.o.C, in Stafford. I did start training for it already.

Did some levering, ggc rules. Don't know how this will turn out, but right now i lever with my v-bar and some weights. Did this tonight. I think i will do this almost every day, and increase weights gradually when i hit 10-15 reps.

Some 2 hand pinching, was way off. I really feel uncomfortable with a wide block, 60mm, and i will go for a smaller width, a 55mm will be a bit better. Afterwards some TTK work. High reps, 3 sets.

No grippers, was really sore from yesterday. Did strapholds with 2,5kg on my filed #2 left and right.

I got an ISG from Clay. That thing is nice, but also very confusing, in the sence of when i should increase, how much resistance i want, reps or whatever. I already got a ISG calculator.

I set it at 2 and 10 i think. Feels pretty hard already, even though it's only 210lbs. Strange. The handles are taped up. I saw this picture of Nathan Holle doing 3 springs on hardest setting. Pretty amazing!

That's it for 2day. 2morrow is V-bar and OH lift again..

theo you're becoming quite the all rounder in grip. STRONG as hell all rounder might i add!!!!

hey i just did my workout, had to write this down!!! i was 1/32 away from getting 11 reps on my #3 right handed. Im back to doing 1 set a night. ill do this till gains stop i guess. reps 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch. i try to get them at 3/4 but they arent always perfect.

Thanks man!! Damn, you are repping that #3 almost like you were repping that #2 when you started.. !! Great! See what you can do on the elite now!

Within a hair i closed my elite!!! That is a major pr for me!

Got a HG300 from ATp, it was a contest i won at our neighbours site, GM.

Yesterday when i opened it i wanted to no set it, taped it too, right off the bat.. Well, no chance! It was harder than my #3!!! Pretty frustrating. It was also same width as my #1. Then i chest closed it maybe 30-40 times and suddenly it almost shrunk a full inch!! It is still hard, i think it's a hard 2.8. Probably 2.85 or so. I can't close it lefty, and i can close a 2.81 lefty, so figure.

Did strapholds with the HG300, and filed #2 lefty. 2 sets of strapholds, and before that 3 attempts at a gripper i want to close. LEfty is now HG300 and Righty is elite.

At the gym, V-bar session. Started with my smaller v-bar, 18inch long.

Ended with 3 reps with 100kg both hands. Easing back into this.

Also RT work, some PR's here too.

Worked up to my max. That was 72,5kg left, and 75kg right!! End of the month i want 80kg right hand, 75kg left.

good times here!