The Double D Gripper Log

DuTCH

It sure would dadams!

Tried V-bar from moser today.. Tried it last week, but it went horrible!! I am aiming to break Wylie his record, so i want to pull at least 170kg! Hmm, still a long way, and only a month to go...

V-bar: I pull both left and right with same poundages/ kilos

warm up

3 singles with 100kg

2 singles with 105

2 singles 110

1 single with 115

1 single with 120kg..

Next week, 125 or 130

theo you are progressing FAST!!!! I believe the #4 is in your future.

Moonabc1 also sent me the sweeper helper but mine hasnt arived yet. You said you found it helped?

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuTCH

• Martin_Arildsson

• dannyboy

• mobsterone

Thanks man!

RB grippers received! How nice, aluminium handles chrome spring! I got a RB240 wich is NOT a 2.7 or 2.8... I think it's even harder than my 2004 #3 so it would be around 3.2 or so. A RB330N wich feels like a brick. Guess is a 3.5. And a RB365 with an extended handle. Like a #4... Very nice, have me lots of fun this weekend! :rock:laugh

Thanks man!

RB grippers received! How nice, aluminium handles chrome spring! I got a RB240 wich is NOT a 2.7 or 2.8... I think it's even harder than my 2004 #3 so it would be around 3.2 or so. A RB330N wich feels like a brick. Guess is a 3.5.  And a RB365 with an extended handle. Like a #4... Very nice, have me lots of fun this weekend! :rock  :laugh

im JELLOUS!! How close are you on that 3.5?

just finished my workout

cc width #3 hose clamp closes

#1 - closed

#2 - closed

#3 - closed, i should have went for a 4th as the third was as easy as the first.

#2 table no set closes

7 reps all done with no rest inbetween. just put it on the table then pick it right back up

#1 no set closes (opened untill fully open on each rep)

39 reps

Like i said im still training my lefty but only with one set.

I hope i dont end up with one forearm bigger than the other. :ohmy

Edited by dannyboy

That would look silly indeed Dan! :)

Tried those grippers today. RB240 i can't close it... Very strange, sweep isn't hard, but after parallel it get's real tuff, harder than the #3.. I am around 1 1/2" away on the close..

RB330N, i am 1 1/4" away on the close, i think it's due to the narrow spread. Very hard too.

I came within a 1mm of closing the #3 lefty, so that's very good news!

Tonight i will do a lot of negatives with the RB365 to see how that works out....

So 4 2night:

Negatives

2 hand pinch

levering...

I have been sloppy this weekend, so all the work is stuffed in one night :blink

That would look silly indeed Dan! :)

Tried those grippers today. RB240 i can't close it... Very strange, sweep isn't hard, but after parallel it get's real tuff, harder than the #3.. I am around 1 1/2" away on the close..

RB330N, i am 1 1/4" away on the close, i think it's due to the narrow spread. Very hard too.

I came within a 1mm of closing the #3 lefty, so that's very good news!

Tonight i will do a lot of negatives with the RB365 to see how that works out....

So 4 2night:

Negatives

2 hand pinch

levering...

I have been sloppy this weekend, so all the work is stuffed in one night :blink

Keep going Dutch you'll have that RB 240 in the future ;)

I'm just coming back...will be watching this thread..love competitive threads..that stay friendly...good luck to all!!

DId a little bit grippers tonight, was very busy with things and even missed my bending workout :angry:

In the gym i did my 20 rep squats again, with 112,5kg. I also went to a therapist for my shoulder, because it's been bothering me for over 3 months now, so it was time to do something about it...

After that, i did some squeezes as a warm up, and i closed my RB240!! It was i n a choker to parallel. I closed it only once, and then tried and missed. After that i could quite easily close my #3 with a small set for 2 singles.. That confirms just how hard my RB240 is....

Still alive and kicking.. Well, as far as kicking goes ofcourse..

Today i had a major back workout planned, buuuut because i am a bit lazy and had a long day at work i thought, hmmm why not sleep and eat, do a little v-bar and work out tomorrow. And so it happens that i only did some v-bar today :)

I changed my weight training for the benefit of the Em in august. I only weight train 3 times, opposed to 4-5 times a week.

Yesterday i had a serious gripper workout. A lot of attempts, and 5 sets of chokers on the filed #2.

V-bar: Horrible, well, not horrible but not as expected..

3 reps 50kg

3 reps 75kg

3 reps 90kg

2 reps 110kg

2 reps 115kg

RH 1 rep 120kg

Rh 1 rep 125kg and whoopa, nice piece of skin almost clean off the hand. Since i am a nancy :) i stopped there. Didn't want to loose more skin, cos tomorrow my new grippers will arrive and i want to workout with them.

LH did 115kg, but guess i was sore from yesterday. Strange, sometimes my left is very strong, stronger than right, and sometimes otherwise... Ah well.

Today i had a major back workout planned, buuuut because i am a bit lazy and had a long day at work i thought, hmmm why not sleep and eat, do a little v-bar and work out tomorrow. And so it happens that i only did some v-bar today :)

I changed my weight training for the benefit of the Em in august. I only weight train 3 times, opposed to 4-5 times a week.

Yesterday i had a serious gripper workout. A lot of attempts, and 5 sets of chokers on the filed #2.

3 reps 50kg

3 reps 75kg

3 reps 90kg

2 reps 110kg

2 reps 115kg

RH 1 rep 120kg

Rh 1 rep 125kg and whoopa, nice piece of skin almost clean off the hand. Since i am a nancy :) i stopped there. Didn't want to loose more skin, cos tomorrow my new grippers will arrive and i want to workout with them.

LH did 115kg, but guess i was sore from yesterday. Strange, sometimes my left is very strong, stronger than right, and sometimes otherwise... Ah well.

nice theo, i bet when you get yoru new grippers your motivation will go through the roof!

As for me im putting aside my credit card training for now. Ive been doing it for a while and had good progress but now ts gone stale. soooo this means its time to switch things up a bit.

I put J.A.G. on my #3 and tightened it all the way. I tested it and its for sure harder than the mm1. I would say maybe a mm1.2 or something. Right now i cant close it just yet, i know i could just make it easier by undoing the hose clamp but its a great goal gripper the way it is. Im 1/16 away from getting the beast closed with a force close.

3 reps 50kg

3 reps 75kg

3 reps 90kg

2 reps 110kg

2 reps 115kg

RH 1 rep 120kg

nice theo, i bet when you get yoru new grippers your motivation will go through the roof!

As for me im putting aside my credit card training for now. Ive been doing it for a while and had good progress but now ts gone stale. soooo this means its time to switch things up a bit.

I put J.A.G. on my #3 and tightened it all the way. I tested it and its for sure harder than the mm1. I would say maybe a mm1.2 or something. Right now i cant close it just yet, i know i could just make it easier by undoing the hose clamp but its a great goal gripper the way it is. Im 1/16 away from getting the beast closed with a force close.

Dannyboy you and Dutch keep going man and kicking butt :mosher

Dannyboy you and Dutch keep going man and kicking butt :mosher

thanks buddy. Glad to see you back also. :)

i put the J.A.G. on my #2 and tightened it fully for my left hand.

I went from getting 28 reps on my 2 to getting 6 reps. I wish it were a bit harder even.

Good luck Dan, seems like you are determined to go get PR's! That's good man!!

Thanks again T!

My BBE and BBSE have arrived. Such nice grippers. I actually like them better than my RB grippers. These handles are very nice.

I waited the whole day, and then did a few singles on the BBE. Lefty ofcourse i am not there yet. I think about a 1" away.. Right hand is better than expected, 1/4" from closing the Elite!!! I think within 2 weeks i'll close it. Coming after you Bencrush!

Thanks again T!

My BBE and BBSE have arrived. Such nice grippers. I actually like them better than my RB grippers. These handles are very nice.

I waited the whole day, and then did a few singles on the BBE. Lefty ofcourse i am not there yet. I think about a 1" away.. Right hand is better than expected, 1/4" from closing the Elite!!! I think within 2 weeks i'll close it. Coming after you Bencrush!

1/4 " from the elite...Dutch that's not just great that's just outstanding, keep crushing buddy and let that elite know who's boss :rock

Great Theo! I see you in my rear view mirror...looks like you're going to pass me at a high rate of speed! :D

Thanks again T!

1/4 from the elite huh? when will you let me catch up? will you please slow down already? lol keep those prs to a minimum :rock

I know, they just keep coming! Thanks both of you guys! When i get access to a dig. cam. i'll post some vids again... :cool

Well, been very busy what that friggin' elite. It's hard, but it's also getting closer. I am doing a lot of singles every day, for 6 days straight. Then 6 days straight negs. with a RB. See what happens.

Today i did some heavy levering.. (well, i find it kinda heavy) until i couldn't lever anymore. Will do this for a few days in a row, and bend in the weekend after some rest. Hopefully get a harder nail this way to bend.

Also some V-bar work. I have two v-bar's now. One short, and one a bit long. Standard size actually. Weird thing is, that the upper part of the bar is getting very very slippery, and more close to where the plates are is nice and dirty.

Lifting it in the upper part of the bar got me around 120kg both hands. Then i started to lift more close to the plates, and got 135kg both hands.. That's pretty good. Well on my way.

I figured that i just need to get used to the actual heavier weights, and just see what happens at the EM. Contest adrenaline always helps a lot.

Well, been very busy what that friggin' elite. It's hard, but it's also getting closer. I am doing a lot of singles every day, for 6 days straight. Then 6 days straight negs. with a RB. See what happens.

Today i did some heavy levering.. (well, i find it kinda heavy) until i couldn't lever anymore. Will do this for a few days in a row, and bend in the weekend after some rest. Hopefully get a harder nail this way to bend.

Also some V-bar work. I have two v-bar's now. One short, and one a bit long. Standard size actually. Weird thing is, that the upper part of the bar is getting very very slippery, and more close to where the plates are is nice and dirty.

Lifting it in the upper part of the bar got me around 120kg both hands. Then i started to lift more close to the plates, and got 135kg both hands.. That's pretty good. Well on my way.

I figured that i just need to get used to the actual heavier weights, and just see what happens at the EM. Contest adrenaline always helps a lot.

love the routine, keep it coming. Your overall strength is really coming up now, now your a all arounder in grip :laugh

Thanks T!

I am still at the heavy singles, but i think i will not go for 6 days, instead i'll do 4 days, 1 off, 4 days 2 off. Next week i'll have a little grip meet with ze djermááns.. Lh is really close the #3, best attempt was under 0,5cm. RH on the elite is just really nice, but not there.. Keep hitting 0,5cm.. Got the Elite from shrug, and he tested it at 3.4, but no less, maybe a bit more.. Well, i am never sure about how hard it is, so after 6 all out attempts i picked up #3 to see if i was strong enough to close it.. Well, no problem! could say that's a PR!

Thats funny my Elite also came from Shrug...back in the fall and it is about the same strength..you are getting stronger everyday Dutch!

Thanks T!

I am still at the heavy singles, but i think i will not go for 6 days, instead i'll do 4 days, 1 off, 4 days 2 off.

yea im the same. After day 3 my hands were dead. 3 on one off is my limit for now.