The Double D Gripper Log

DuTCH

Man, i don't understand why i can't get those stupid nails.. I kinked one, but that's it...  I prekinked a 6,5mm nail from the swiss comp to 40degrees, and it was really hard to fully bend it under 2" .. HELP!!!  :help  :help

We'll kill some nails in August when You're at my house - and not just 6,5mm nails.... :mosher

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuTCH

• Martin_Arildsson

• dannyboy

• mobsterone

warm up:

3-5 attempts #3

3-5 NO SET closes #2

max out on no set closes #1... All the way open, and SSssssquueezze!

my best on the maxxing out to fully open was 35

I'll try that out! Sounds good to me! Thanks for sharing! :)

Yes, and to make it harder, file that #2 a LOT!!

Well, got back at the nails, and somehow i did 3 6,5mm nails!! YEs, yes, this is very nice, finally some progress. It wasn't the HARD Swiss nail but still, i worked on that nail for ages... so PR!

And now the 7,0mm nails! :rock

im trying that workout you sugested dutch.

Im gunna go 2 on 1 off. I will only be recording my right hand stats but that dosnt mean imnot training lefty :)

chocker set to credit card width

1 close

1 miss by 1/16

#2 table no set

5 reps

5 reps

#1 open fully reps

compared to what im used to this is alot of volume, i like the idea though.

good job dannyboy are you planing to take the choker off.

good job dannyboy are you planing to take the choker off.

in all honesty dadams i cant get it without the chocker. im close though. Im just gunna do this routine for a bit. I think its gunna work!

hey i wonder how dutch did today, it was his coc cert, dutch youout there?

training.

choker set to credit card width

set 1 - close

set 2 - close

set 3 - close, thislast set i barely got it so i didnt bother with a fourth.

#2 table no set

4 reps and 1/16 from getting 5th

#1 opened fully reps

36 reps

between my sets im taking 2 - 3 minutes rest compared to my last workout i took about 10 minutes after my number 3 work then another 10 after my 2 work so yesterdays results on my 2 and 1 were a bit better.

hmmmm im undecided if ill train tomorrow or not, i should take the day off but as you all know these things are hard to put down :blush

Edited by dannyboy

well my hands felt tired today but stupidly i still did my workout. well i tried atr least. came about 3/16 from getting my 3 closed with a chocker set to cc width. After that performance i just put down the gripper. Gunna have to take tomorrow off to rest. Should of just trusted my instincts!

Thanks David!

Hey dan, you are going great! Get those hose clamps off the #3, and practice the CC. Maybe holding the #3 in the CC position for time will get you used to it.

Did some block weights and 2hand pinch training. I like it alot!

2 hand pinch, worked up to a max of 51,5kg. This may sound like nothing, but before the swiss comp i only managed 42kg, and at the contest i pulled 78 i think.. If this 51kg gets me to add 10k to the initial 78 i am happy :laugh ( be afraid franky, be veeery afraid!!)

block weights, i have a block that weighs 7,5kg.. I pinch it in every way possible, do walks with it with just middle and index+thumb..

It's easy to add weight by placing a dumbell across. Today i went up to 22,5kg.. BH..

Couldn't do bending, because it is already 1.00 at night.. Tomorrow i'll do bending.

sounds like a good workout dutch

Thanks dadams, always nice to hear your support!

Today was grippers again:

I made a slight change, and made a bit more volume to it for lefty..

Warm up #1, 10 reps or so BH

Filed #2 3 closes RH and 3 sets of 2 LH

#3 one set close, and (here it comes) four doubles with #3 in choker at parallel!! Major PR!

#3 LH, almost closed it in choker.. I think two weeks, and i'll close it

Then i did negatives and overcrushes, used the RB300 and filed #2. Did 8 singles,, you have to eeeaaaassssee into it ;)

babyreps #1: RH 150 LH100 both in one set, always one set btw.

Thanks dadams, always nice to hear your support!

Today was grippers again:

I made a slight change, and made a bit more volume to it for lefty..

Warm up #1, 10 reps or so BH

Filed #2  3 closes RH and 3 sets of 2 LH

#3 one set close, and (here it comes) four doubles with #3 in choker at parallel!! Major PR!

#3 LH, almost closed it in choker.. I think two weeks, and i'll close it

Then i did negatives and overcrushes, used the RB300 and filed #2.  Did 8 singles,, you have to eeeaaaassssee into it ;)

babyreps #1: RH 150 LH100  both in one set, always one set btw.

man thats amazing dutch! doubles :bow

you know what i find though, i find that when i have a gripper in a chocker after the first rep the chocker is off the gripper just sliding around. How are you able to do a double without the chocker moving?

hey there buddy, doubles, yes, i was amazed too!

Tomorrow i'll post a vid of it. I just close it, and let the hose clamp fall in place. I don't keep tension on it, like a short pause, but short.. Explode, rest and explOODE!!

tonight it's bending, blEEEGH!

Mwoah, it went, let's put it that way..

It was again, very late due too my stupid summerjob. I wanted to DU kink 30 6mm nails, but due to the fact i got sleepy during bending and wanting to go to bed, i went for time...

20 6mm nails in 13 minutes.. Not good, next time i'll do better. But it's the wrapping that takes time. Nails finished with DO. This week i'll probably buy some harder 6mm nails to do high volume with.

Great work with the hose clamp doubles Dutch!

I found that when I could do 5 or more parallel (hose clamp) reps with a #3 that I was usually able to TNS close it. Just a weird bit of trivia but it might work for you too.

Hmm, 5 closes right? Well, then i am on my way!

Grippers again.. Currently working with one on, one off

Warm up #1

LH: 3 singles with filed #2

3 negatives with RB300

3 overcrushes with filed #2, held for 5-10 seconds

RH: 3 singles filed #2

2 triples!!! with #3 in choker (parallel)

1 double with #3 in choker

2 overcrushes RB300

1 attempt on RB300, got it to parallel

The new invention of mr. JAG is the sweeper, a sort of a sponge that you put between the handles. Will help the sweep. I did a few squeezes with it, and afterwards tried to close it, and went significantly easier...

Babyreps: LH 110 with #1, RH 160 with RH

btw, I mailed Strossen, if he receives the cert form this weekend or so, i will be featured in the Sept. Issue of MILO!!! :rock:rock

So, DAN, MILO comes out every 3 months, so i expect to see you in the december issue!!

cool dutch, ya dan that would be cool to see you there to

It sure would dadams!

Tried V-bar from moser today.. Tried it last week, but it went horrible!! I am aiming to break Wylie his record, so i want to pull at least 170kg! Hmm, still a long way, and only a month to go...

V-bar: I pull both left and right with same poundages/ kilos

warm up

3 singles with 100kg

2 singles with 105

2 singles 110

1 single with 115

1 single with 120kg..

Next week, 125 or 130