The Double D Gripper Log

DuTCH

Great numbers Theo!

Hope you reach your goals!

Best wishes for you and good luck.

Train hard for it :rock

(And no fricandel special en frites in the contest preperation :laugh )

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuTCH

• Martin_Arildsson

• dannyboy

• mobsterone

dutch thats cool that you'll be certing

Thanks, dadams, hope it will just work out fine....

yeah dutch well see your name on the ironmind site soon for sure, keep up the good work :rock

Thanks Itch!!

I put the JAG (i think everyone still knows what it is...?) on my #3 to make it a bit harder. I don't know how much harder it is, because i don't want to put in the effort to break my weight scale.. I think it's 3.05 or 3.1. It IS harder, in the afternoon i tried it, and i couldn't get it for the first two times...

Afternoon:

No left hand gripping

Rh, 2 missed attempts on the JAG #3

2 closed #3.

At night:

LH, 4 sets of 3-4 reps on the filed #2.

RH, 4 singles on the #3 JAG closed

LH 120clicks on the #1 PR

RH 200clicks on the #1 PR

I feel the clicks, altough not as high volume as some of the others on the board, really help. They finish up the workout nicely, and give a good pump. I think what really helps is squeezing out those last reps/clicks, where you really have to put in the effort. Imagine trying a hard gripper that is just 3 mm of closing, i think when you max out on your clicks/reps the difficulty equals it.

Thanks Itch!!

I put the JAG (i think everyone still knows what it is...?) on my #3 to make it a bit harder. I don't know how much harder it is, because i don't want to put in the effort to break my weight scale.. I think it's 3.05 or 3.1. It IS harder, in the afternoon i tried it, and i couldn't get it for the first two times...

Afternoon:

No left hand gripping

Rh, 2 missed attempts on the JAG #3

2 closed #3.

At night:

LH, 4 sets of 3-4 reps on the filed #2.

RH, 4 singles on the #3 JAG closed

LH 120clicks on the #1 PR

RH 200clicks on the #1 PR

I feel the clicks, altough not as high volume as some of the others on the board, really help. They finish up the workout nicely, and give a good pump. I think what really helps is squeezing out those last reps/clicks, where you really have to put in the effort. Imagine trying a hard gripper that is just 3 mm of closing, i think when you max out on your clicks/reps the difficulty equals it.

good job dutch :kiss

did you do a cc set with your #3 with JAG on it?

no, but it was wider than parallel... Working on that crush, make it real solid for the certification so there is no doubt!

dutch i believe that you will breeze threw the cert

Indeed, with the adrenaline you will have NO problem at all!! Go for it!!!

And train that OHL (and bending) you wuss!!! :)

my take is that if you can get your bending to level (and I know you can) and raise your OHL, you could be looking at a podium at the euro!!

GOGOGOGO!!!

thanks for the motivation, i won't dissapoint you!! :rock

the date is next week saturday, 9th of July... The contest will be held in Vriezenveen. If you want to visit a dutch site, www.realdutchpower.nl

RH:Grippers went well, did 8 closes, set was wider than parallel with #3 The last close was held for 20 seconds... Then it started to hurt!!

LH: did 6 sets of 3 reps with the filed #2.. Filed it a bit more..

Man, i haven't missed a #3 close for over a month now.. Except at fatigue..

the date is next week saturday, 9th of July...  The contest will be held in Vriezenveen. If you want to visit a dutch site, www.realdutchpower.nl 

RH:Grippers went well, did 8 closes, set was wider than parallel with #3 The last close was held for 20 seconds... Then it started to hurt!!

LH: did 6 sets of 3 reps with the filed #2.. Filed it a bit more..

Man, i haven't missed a #3 close for over a month now.. Except at fatigue..

sweet theo, ill be thining of ya on the 9th

a little update on my training.

i can now close my #3 with a credit card set (2.25 inches). BUT thats when its in a choker set to the 2.25 inches. I find that if i hold the gripper in place for the length of time it takes to put a cc inbetween the handles that im to fatigued after to finish the close. Ill keep working on it.

left hand im now able to close my #3 fully with a force close and i hold it for 10 seconds.

wow!! i hear another future coc talking!! my suggestion is stop with the hose clamp now, because you are ready for training with the cc. Do the following workout:

warm up:

3-5 attempts #3

3-5 NO SET closes #2

max out on no set closes #1... All the way open, and SSssssquueezze!

my best on the maxxing out to fully open was 35

Bending, yes Franky, bending!

Today i did 'high volume'.. ahum..

6mmx14cm = 1/4"x5.5" nails. I did 20 of them. I think they are about the same as a yellow, but shorter.. Comes close to a blue? dunno...

all nails bent with DU, all but one kinked further then 60degrees. I could have done more, but that's for wednesday.. The nails feel real good, my form is better too. (watched a lot of dave ostlund his DU bends..) Hopefully i will be able to do the 6,5mm nails soon, and get nasty with the stock that Moser sent me.....

wow!! i hear another future coc talking!! my suggestion is stop with the hose clamp now, because you are ready for training with the cc.  Do the following workout:

warm up:

3-5 attempts #3

3-5 NO SET closes #2

max out on no set closes #1... All the way open, and SSssssquueezze!

my best on the maxxing out to fully open was 35

yea the plan as you know is to have my name right under yours in the coc list.

damn you guys are doing great, good to hear your bending is coming along and good luck on you cert Dutch. Dannyboy good job on the choker closes, i know that youll be able to cert soon.

damn you guys are doing great, good to hear your bending is coming along and good luck on you cert Dutch. Dannyboy good job on the choker closes, i know that youll be able to cert soon.

thanks buddy, i hope you're right!

man i know that youll nail that damn thing

Thanks Dadams, i am not too worried either, but you never know....

After a long day of work, cutting bags open all day long with a knife, i did some gripping.. Not too dissapointed, went good actually :D

Warm up with #1- 8 reps or so

LH: i did 15 sets of 3 reps with my filed #2. Filed it some more, because i want to get the #3 lefty too. A few tns closes too (4)

RH: I really turned the JAG on tight, almost to full extent. JAG claims that when it's fully turned on it comes close to MM@. Dannyboy could confirm this, because with the JAg on the #3 it was waaay harder than the MM1... I think i had it around 3.2 today.

8 closes with the #3 +JAg. After that, i wanted to do some CC work for the certification. Took the JAg off, and the #3 felt a lot easier.

4 CC closes with #3.

Then 'cooldown' with #1

LH- 15 no set closes, done as reps

RH- 25 no set closes, done as reps.

Hopefully this week my new grippers will arrive. For those that like RB grippers, there is now a new gripper: The RB365, wich is the same/harder than IM #4.... You can also get any gripper with extended handles too!

I ordered RB240, RB330N and RB365 with extended handles...

JAG claims that when it's fully turned on it comes close to MM@. Dannyboy could confirm this,

yea thoe, when i put JAG almost fully tightened on my #3 it for sure was harder than the MM1 that i tried.

today your training went great theo, for me it was a good day too.

i did 2 hose clamp credit card closes and it was eeeeeasy.

I did this one handed too, im gunna keep doing this till monday and then ill try closes without the clamp. Maybe ill get someone to put the credit card in for me as thats where i lose my strength.

Am i getting stronger or am i finding the sweet spot? i think maybe its a bit of both.

Did I type MM@???

Finding that spot IS important.... For you, and for a woman... :D

Just practice with an easier gripper, and put the CC inbetween. It's all about practice.. You will do fine without a hose!

btw, man, i DID type MM@.... Duh!

Did I type MM@???

Finding that spot IS important.... For you, and for a woman...  :D

Just practice with an easier gripper, and put the CC inbetween. It's all about practice.. You will do fine without a hose!

btw, man, i DID type MM@.... Duh!

you sure did type mm@. hey i dont knwo if JAG on a 3 is equal to a MM2 caus i never tried a mm2. but liek i said its for sure harder than the mm1 i tried.

hey 4 days to go buddy!!!!! 4 days till your a coc!!! :bow

Yup, saturday is the BIG day... Tomorrow some CC closes, and then rest....

Today i received a V-bar and some nails from Thorsten.. Thanks man :bow

He put some 6,5nails (i think) and some cut 6mm nails... Shortest was 14cm..

I bent all the nails tonight, except for the 6,5mm... Man, i don't understand why i can't get those stupid nails.. I kinked one, but that's it... I prekinked a 6,5mm nail from the swiss comp to 40degrees, and it was really hard to fully bend it under 2" .. HELP!!! :help:help