The Double D Gripper Log

DuTCH

Danny and i are setting up this log because we want to motivate eachother by posting in this separate log. This will be a challenge to both get certified and make the MM1 this year.. (yep, no holds barred, time to get nasty here....)

I hope some PR's are gonna fall here in this log, and we reach our goals.. :rock

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DuTCH

• Martin_Arildsson

• dannyboy

• mobsterone

good luck to you both and lets hope your both lvl 1 mashmonsters at the end of it :rock

Edited by itch85

Dutch and Dannyboy keep going man, you guys are gonna kill things on this board in the future :rock

Good luck :rock

dont forget dutch about the coc cert too!

I put my #3 in a 2 inch hose clamp yesterday and to my surprise i closed it.

its a good start.

I also have a veeeeeeery hard #3 that i cant close. (mooinabc lent me it) Right now if i force close it i can get it to 1/8 for a negative, its a beast i tell ya. its quite a bit harder than even the mm1 but slightly easier than my elite so im working on closing that thing now also.

when mooinabc forst sent me that hard 3 it crushed my spirits caus i thought ''oh nooooo, you mean to tell me my 3 is an easy 3 and this beastly 3 is a nromal 3?''

but recently when i tried the mm1 it wasnt THAT much harder than my 3, so i guess my 3 is pretty average.

nice work on that 2" #3 close danny

Fantastic Danny!

I love closing grippers in a hose clamp. The last time I did some reps with a #3 (it was one of TSands #3s) in a hose clamp was in April at a grip fest we had. I think it was after some block weight attempts and was 12 reps if I remember right. The handles were set at parallel though. I need to go somewhere with a vice so I can put my standard Elite in a hose clamp. I lack the strength to get it into one at the moment. :( Not kidding.

Great going there D! Hmm, sore hands of the bending.. And the pinching... I am such a wuss... Barely closed my #3 yesterday.. That is one stupid #3...! I still didn't decide what plan of attack to use.. Maybe hose clamp it and strappy's with #2?

Anyway, yesterday i received the 'green' flag from Arne Persson that it's ok I compete in the European Championships...!!! :rock 6 months of gripping, and look where i am at.!! (still not closing that #3 consistent, but hush!)

Looks like i have to train my butt off, and save some mucho dineros...

Fantastic Danny! 

I love closing grippers in a hose clamp.  The last time I did some reps with a #3 (it was one of TSands #3s) in a hose clamp was in April at a grip fest we had.  I think it was after some block weight attempts and was 12 reps if I remember right.  The handles were set at parallel though.  I need to go somewhere with a vice so I can put my standard Elite in a hose clamp.  I lack the strength to get it into one at the moment. :(  Not kidding.

woe, you did 12 reps with a chocker set to parallel? jesus! no wonder you can no set your 3 with ease. I meant i did mine with a regular set, and on top of that the reps where brought out to .75 - 1 inch.

Great going there D! Hmm, sore hands of the bending.. And the pinching... I am such a wuss... Barely closed my #3 yesterday.. That is one stupid #3...! I still didn't decide what plan of attack to use.. Maybe hose clamp it and strappy's with #2?

Anyway, yesterday i received the 'green' flag from Arne Persson that it's ok I compete in the European Championships...!!! :rock  6 months of gripping, and look where i am at.!! (still not closing that #3 consistent, but hush!)

Looks like i have to train my butt off, and save some mucho dineros...

hey theo you started bending now? i didnt know this. Carefull though, when i first started doing pinching and block my crush went waaay down, it took me a while to figure out how to mix all 3 together so they all go up. just experiment a lill theo.

hey guys, check out my gallery. I put up my mm1 (atempt). Like wanna said its bad footage and i agree. I have another (bad footage) clip thats closer up that i did the day after that. im going to put it in my album hopefully today also

Grippers:

Today i put my #3 in a hose clamp. It's opened a little less than an inch.. about 1,8cm. I did 8 closes with it, and called it a day... Pr..

#1 - both hands 10 reps

filed #2 - both hands 2 reps

Choked #3- LH 5 attempts, not closed yet. RH 8 closes, 2 times held for 10 seconds.

#2 - LH 3 closes & RH 3 TNS closes...

Let's rumble Danny!!

Grippers:

Today i put my #3 in a hose clamp. It's opened a little less than an inch.. about 1,8cm. I did 8 closes with it, and called it a day... Pr..

#1 - both hands 10 reps

filed #2 - both hands 2 reps

Choked #3- LH 5 attempts, not closed yet. RH 8 closes, 2 times held for 10 seconds.

#2 - LH 3 closes & RH 3 TNS closes...

Let's rumble Danny!!

Good job on the 8 closes on the #3 in a hose clamp buddy, keep going

go get it man

#3 - 6 reps!!!! thats a nice pr!

the reps were opened to .75 - 1 inch.

6 reps nice Danny and oh yeah great MM1 close, just get it on camera next time ;)

Grippers:

5 reps #1 Both Hands

3 reps #2 BH

choker set to 1 inch: 3 closes with RH

3 attempts LH - non closed :(

10 TNS with #1 BH..

go get it man

#3 - 6 reps!!!! thats a nice pr!

the reps were opened to .75 - 1 inch.

6 reps nice Danny and oh yeah great MM1 close, just get it on camera next time ;)

yea thats harder than the actual close haha

Hey danny, you only grip once a week? :)

I opened the hose a bit more, about 4cm..

warm up #1

#2, for 2 reps BH

choked #3, 2 singles, and 2 reps! RH

Lh #3, 4 attempts, and 1 nearly closed, about 2 dimes...

#1, no set closes LH 15reps

#1, NS closes RH 20reps

no theo, im training about 5 days a week now. I quit pinching for now so i can specialize on grippers a bit more for now.

theo your real close on closing your 3 lefty. :bow

for me my left hand is soooo much weaker than my right, and i train both equally too. If I force close my 3 lefty im 1/16 away, on a good day i can hold it shut for a couple seconds.

As far as my training now its like this.

2 - 3 closes a day.

I do one close/attempt and then at least 3 or so hrs later will do the others.

Im working on my hard #3 now (just a bit easier than my elite). I can get it too 1/16 if i force close it, then i TRY to hold it for 10 seconds.

So thats my goal gripper for now, its a great stepping stone to my elite.

then later in the day i do 1 - 2 sets for my coc cert training. Its getting better.

Ive removed the hose clamp now and if i hold the gripper in place with my other hand im 3/16 away from closing that beast with a sort of no set. yes i know its not a no set if my other hand is holding the gripper in place. Guess im not strong enough to do it otherwise just yet. Key word here is YET.

Hey danny, you only grip once a week? :)

I opened the hose a bit more, about 4cm..

warm up #1

#2, for 2 reps BH

choked #3, 2 singles, and 2 reps! RH

Lh #3, 4 attempts, and 1 nearly closed, about 2 dimes...

#1, no set closes LH 15reps

#1, NS closes RH 20reps

oh yea i meant to ask you, how open is your hose clamp now?

1 inch is about 2.54cm.. so.. 4 cm is about 1,5 inch.. Pretty good ey? But, i thought, i am now busy doing stupid hose clamps, on a gripper i can already close!! So, i will install the JAG, and get used to a 'harder' #3 and when i take it off (in theory) the #3 should be a cookie....

1 inch is about 2.54cm.. so.. 4 cm is about 1,5 inch..  Pretty good ey? But, i thought, i am now busy doing stupid hose clamps, on a gripper i can already close!! So, i will install the JAG, and get used to a 'harder' #3 and when i take it off (in theory) the #3 should be a cookie....

yea I like that idea. You nice and consistent with your 3 so its time to step it up with JAG.